• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Unable to locate the Paper Capture recognition service. Your installation may be corrupt"

New Here ,
Mar 28, 2018 Mar 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have been dealing with this issue on one particular employee. She receives this error ("Unable to locate the Paper Capture recognition service. Your installation may be corrupt")

I have tried these fixes but have had no success.

I have fully uninstalled Adobe Acrobat through control panel, with CCLeaner, and Adobe Cleaner.

We also updated the Adobe and did fresh installs and even a repair but it did not fix the issue.

I also tried moving the plugin around specifically the Paper Capture plug in and it still gave the error.

Has anyone had any success with fixing this error?

Thanks!

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 25, 2018 Apr 25, 2018

Hi Jamey6588540,

Please follow the steps mentioned in the below link to fix the paper capture service:

Could not access the recognition service when attempting OCR on Windows

Divya

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 25, 2018 Apr 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jamey6588540,

Please follow the steps mentioned in the below link to fix the paper capture service:

Could not access the recognition service when attempting OCR on Windows

Divya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2019 Jan 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get a message that I have to have "administrative permission" to copy to these folders. How do I do that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 01, 2019 Feb 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sjslev,

Sorry for the delayed response.

You can log in as the Administrator on the machine and then try.

Regards,

Divya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 05, 2019 Jul 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Divya,

I'm having the same error.  However, my program files don't have the iDRS15 at the end.  The deepest into the folder I can go is to \PaperCapture.  When I try to copy and paste that (it then says "copy" at the end of the file name) Adobe DC has an error when it opens up.  Any other ideas?

C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat DC\Acrobat\plug_ins\PaperCapture\iDRS15

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2020 Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it worked - I wonder why Adobe has not updated their own installation software to adjust for the proper placement of dll's

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2019 Sep 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!! The problem was driving me crazy, and this fixed it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 03, 2021 Aug 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This link does NOT work. Throws up ERROR 404 !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 06, 2021 Aug 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ALLE " dll - Dateien" aus Ordner " iDRs15l" kopieren und in den "plug ins" Ordner des selben Pfades, wieder einfügen: ( Programme(86)>Adobe>Acrobat DC>Acrobat>plug ins>Paper capture>iDRs15) 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, it worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2021 Aug 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That link doesn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 25, 2021 Aug 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out and sorry for the trouble.

If you are experiencing the same issue as mentioed in this thread, please try the troubleshooting steps suggested in the following help document: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/acrobat-could-access-recognition-service.html

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 31, 2022 Jan 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, MeenakshiNegi.

I was also getting the error, "Unable to locate the Paper Capture recognition service. Your installation may be corrupt".

Using this link https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/acrobat-could-access-recognition-service.html seemed to fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2022 Dec 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked great! Thank you! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 04, 2022 Feb 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

page cannot be displayed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 06, 2022 Feb 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 09, 2022 Apr 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Divya, please could you repost the answer to this Paper Capture thing. 

Your link is leading to "Page not found 404 error". Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2020 Jan 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem and this link does not work. Ready to throw this laptop out the window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2020 Jan 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know how or why this worked, but it did:

Navigate to this folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat 2017\Acrobat\plug_ins\PaperCapture\iDRS15

In there, there are a bunch of .dll files.  Copy them.

Go back to the plug_ins folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat 2017\Acrobat\plug_ins\) and paste the .dll files in there.  Worked for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2020 Feb 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked like a charm, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2020 Feb 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked for me also.  Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2020 Feb 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ditto! Worked like a charm!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2020 Mar 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much! Copying and pasting those .dll files into the plug_ins folder, per your instructions worked! I no longer get an error message! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2020 Mar 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings:

I just tried the instructions without success. My OS is Windows 10; I am using Adobe Acrobat Pro DC. This is the only PC where PaperCapture will not work. I have run the repair tool without any success.

PC_data.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2020 Mar 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update to my previous post. I am not sure what happened, but Paper Capture is loaded and operational! Thanks for the help. I really needed it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines