single taskbar icon to minimize the window with a few open tabs with one click

New Here ,
Apr 27, 2020 Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, with the recent update it is possible now to have a few open pdf files in tabs in one adobe window, and this is awesome. But, when I want to minimize the window by clicking to the taskbar icon, it shows me preview of all open pdf files, and the only way to minimize is to use he button in the right top corner, but it is much easier to minimize different windows only moving in the taskbar area.

I have tried to turn off Aero Peek to be sure, but it wouldn't help.

Is it possible to make the taskbar icon look like if there was just one window open, like chrome, for example? So that one can easily minimize and maximize the window (which contains a few tabs)

Thank you

Altusha_1-1588005335648.png

TOPICS
Comment review and collaborate PDF , Install update and subscribe to Acrobat , Standards and accessibility

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 27, 2020 Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There seems to be an answer here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-reader/acrobat-reader-setting-for-windows-taskbar-view/td-p/1...

However, from taking a look at the screenshot that you posted it seems that you're running MS Windows 7?

I am wondering if this is an editable registry preference in MS Windows. Have you asked the same question in a Microsoft support forum and see what they recommend?

I've tried a few things for about an hour and doesn't seem to get rid of this. So it maybe possible to check if there is a registry preference that can take care of this .

See if you can find an answer here:

https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/PrefRef/Windows/index.html

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2021 Nov 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This doesn't resolve the issue. Firefox and Chrome have no problem with this feature (one window with many tabs, one taskbar item).
Adobe needs to add this feature, plain and simple. Many have complained and every time they get annoying work arounds instead of a proper solution.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 07, 2021 Nov 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> one window with many tabs, one taskbar item

It already exists. Go to Edit - Preferences - General and tick "Open documents as new tabs in the same window".

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2022 Jun 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That is wrong. You are missing the "one taskbar item" part. That's the whole point of this discussion...

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines