• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

'Specify where to sign' button not working on Request Signatures

Community Beginner ,
Aug 22, 2022 Aug 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone, I'm facing an issue with the Request Signature feature in Adobe Acrobat. The button 'Specify where to sign' seems to be inoperand, I fill the people who I want to request but when I click on the button nothing happens literally. It used to work fine a couple of week ago but now seems to be inoperant. I already tried reinstalling Acrobat but the issue persists, has anyone seen something like that ? â€ƒ

Adobe error.PNG

 

TOPICS
Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 22, 2022 Aug 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble.

Is this an issue with a particular PDF file or with all the PDFs? Please try with a different PDF file and check.

What is the version of the Acrobat DC and the OS you are using? To check the version go to Help > About Acrobat and make sure you have the recent version 22.2.20191 installed. Go to Help > Check for updates and reboot the computer once.

Also, please try to request signatures via document cloud using the link https://acrobat.adobe.com/ and see if that works.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 23, 2022 Aug 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal,

Thanks for your help on this. The version we have is the 22.001.20085 which is the one we've packaged in our company. The issue is hapenning in all documents. I'll try updating the version and see how it goes. Any other thoughts? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 23, 2022 Aug 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal, thanks for you help. Unfortunately updating to the latest one didn't work. I've trying with different documents and different users in my company and the behaviour is the same. Even clicking on the More Options doesn't do nothing. The only button that works is the Cancel one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 24, 2022 Aug 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We are sorry to hear that.

Please try to logout of the application and reboot the computer once and relogin with the same Adobe ID and try requesting the signatures and see if that works.

Also, please try to request signatures via Document Cloud - https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/home/ and check if that helps.

Also, please go through a similar discussion with the correct answer marked here https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/cannot-request-signature-quot-user-provisioned-in... and see if that works. 

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 24, 2022 Aug 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amal,

Adobe Pro DC appears not to have the option to send for e-signature any more.  We have several stations with Pro installed and the new installation, and yes the new installation is Pro, does not include the option to send for e-signature in the drop down menu.  Not good!

Adobe Screenshot.png

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 25, 2022 Aug 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Are you able to request signatures via document cloud as described earlier?

Also, please try to remove the application using the Acrobat cleaner tool https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/cleaner.html , reboot the computer once and reinstall the application using the direct link https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/acrobat-dc-downloads.html and see if that helps.

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 25, 2022 Aug 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can use signatures on the cloud/web based application.  But that is not the preferred technique.  I work for the State and can not do installations on my machine. IT does all the installs.  They report that this "issue" is a known problem and that Adobe has been non-responsive in resolving it.  I will let them continue looing into a way to resolve the what we are now calling the "Adobe bug".  Cheers and thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 08, 2022 Sep 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 26, 2022 Aug 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal.

I've also tried what it's the article and still not working. What I noticed is when I sign off and sign in with my personal acc that works. When I sign back in with the corporate one that stops working. We've Acrobat Std licenses, that should work anyway. We can't also access the web version with the corporate one. That says it's blocked and we should contact the support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 29, 2022 Aug 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, any other thoughts ? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 29, 2022 Aug 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Fabiano25749175ycnl & @Robert25778797b626 

We are sorry to hear that. Would you mind collecting the Adobe CC logs https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html , procmon logs (Win Only) https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/acromonitor.html and the network fiddler logs https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/troubleshoot/diagnostic-logs/run-fiddler-trace for further investigation of the issue

Regards

Amal

[Edited]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2023 Jul 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing the same issue.  V frustrating. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 08, 2022 Sep 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hola, me acaba de suceder lo mismo, ¿que está sucediendo?  Acabo de comprar 3 licencias de acrobat pro y recien inició el problema.. con cloud funcionaba bien.. que se supone que debo hacer ahora..?? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 09, 2022 Sep 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Legasalud 

Please help us with the logs as requested above so that we can get this issue isolated for the fix.

Waiting for your reply.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2023 Apr 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Amal. 

do we have a conclusive fix for this yet? i've been in a couple forums about this issue and ones similar and i have not seen anything listed as a definite fix. I work for an IT company and have a client with this issue exactly, they click the "specify where to sign" button and the right side of the ui for e-signature just goes blank. nothing more. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2023 May 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Working as an IT consultant as well with the same issues. Following.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 29, 2023 May 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Would you mind sharing the requested logs, also try to request signatures online via link https://acrobat.adobe.com/link/home/ and check if that works.

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 05, 2023 Jun 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal, I am experiencing the same issue on the cloud using documents I uploaded at the time of the request and stored files. I tried it with 3 different files and was still unable to specify the signature location. I was able to do it a month ago. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 13, 2023 Oct 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any update on this?  I am having the same issue.  Very frustrating!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Would you mind sharing the requested logs, also try to request signatures online via link https://acrobat.adobe.com/link/home/ and check if that works.

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried the online link and that doesn't work either.  I have no idea how to "share the requested logs".  There are enough threads out there about this same issue to let me know it is a known issue for you guys and has been for quite some time.  Please fix it!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 16, 2023 Oct 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

You can share them via any cloud storage. Just upload the log file to the cloud and generate the link and share that link with us for further investigation.

Regards
Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2023 Jun 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also experiencing this same issue. Any fixes?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2023 Jul 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup, about to cancel my subscription over this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines