• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

text field properties will not allow me to add a border

Community Beginner ,
Nov 27, 2017 Nov 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to add a border color and line thickness to text field boxes on a pdf form. Acrobat Pro DC will not change the color from transparent and will not allow me to add a border. Both "Line Color" and "Line Thickness" remain greyed out. Is there an issue with this feature in Acrobat? Thanks.

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 30, 2018 Oct 30, 2018

The fix for this issue has been officially rolled out with latest Acrobat update

More details here: 19.008.20071 Planned update, October 02, 2018 — Release Notes for Acrobat DC Products

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using the High Sierra OS? If so, this is a known bug. Hopefully Adobe will release an update soon that will solve it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I am. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 05, 2017 Dec 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So is Adobe no longer issuing bus fixes for Acrobat DC/CC products? This is the second annoying bug I've come across that the official statement is just, "Yeah, we know," with no indication there might be any forthcoming fix.

As far as I can tell, the issue of DC on Windows always showing the online services window, and the preference for turning it off not "taking" has existed since the release of DC.

And High Sierra has been around in public beta for a very long time and released for well over a month—way long enough for a fix for a bug as serious as not being able to control the appearance of form objects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 05, 2017 Dec 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree. Adobe should have fixed this bug long ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2017 Dec 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When could Adobe DC fix this bug?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2018 Jan 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Really could do with this bug fix please!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 04, 2018 Jan 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please fix this bug. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2018 Jan 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes - please fix this bug...my main use of Acrobat is to mark up documents and "circling" items with objects is a critical function.  It seems that once you set a color for an object type, it's irreversible.  You can vary color to your heart's content, but there is no way to deselect or make transparent a color fill or stroke.  Turning opacity down for either fill or stroke only does both together - so you can make a fully transparent oval...which is not much use.  I tried removing and re-installing the software to reset the properties settings, but the re-install recalled my previous settings...so now polygons and circles are only useful to me if I want a fill color...and squares and bubbles I am "saving" in their transparent fill state as a workaround.

This is pretty basic functionality for PDF's...please resolve quickly (obviously I'm barking at the moon as I note the initial post from almost 2 months ago....)

I am using Mac OS High Sierra 10.13.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 29, 2018 Aug 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to do the following to edit the appearance of the button:

My issue was I needed a transparent button to place on top a nice layout form:

So I had to take a screen shot of the layout button area

then on button settings >>Options tab

Layout >> select Icon Only

then on Icon >> Choose icon >> click on Browse >>select image

After that:

Go to the Appearance tab >> click on Fill Color

Click on the Eye drop icon and click on your pdf area color around your button so it blends in

See Screen shots:

Screen Shot 2018-08-30 at 10.04.37 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 01, 2018 Feb 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes fix please

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 01, 2018 Feb 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what is going on with adobe I just got a Japanese auto response????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2018 Feb 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow.  Now I understand.  Very unprofessional not to allow features.  Hitting my bottom line

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 05, 2018 Feb 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a former developer I am truly aghast with the user interface in Acrobat for developing or modifying exiting forms.  But all of that is bearable by universally declaring the Acrobat development team as incapable.   What I can not stand is having basic (yet integral) bug such as this go unfixed for so long.  Maybe what will help is not only calling the Acrobat development team as incapable but also as irresponsible.

It is gut wrenching that I spent 30 minutes of frustrating experimentation just to get here and find out that this is a bug in progress since November of last year.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 06, 2018 Feb 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

100% agreed. This issue should have been fixed within a week, especially now with the subscription model and its constant updates.

There's no excuse for having such a bug exist for so long.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2018 Feb 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This must be fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 08, 2018 Feb 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unbelievable. I just downloaded Acrobat Pro just so I could create text fields with a border on a form I created in Word. How is it even possible that Adobe can ignore such a glaring problem with their software? I guess that's what you get when a company has a monopoly position with their software - they fail to give a crap anymore as their market share allows them to be complacent... Please for the love of god fix this issue ASAP!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 12, 2018 Feb 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a glaring issue. I noticed this a couple of months ago, but thought maybe it was just a glitch in the file or something. Unbelievable!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2018 Feb 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying out trial version for 30 minutes. Cannot set border colors, got a 'save as' error which forced me to quit and restart the application. Experienced a sudden crash while editing a pdf form!

Wow! good that I tried the software. It saved me from spending 18 euros a month for worthless behaviour.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2018 Feb 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A potential half solution for a lucky few that still have documents with non-filled boxes

1. Find a document on which you have previously drawn a box which had no fill

2. Select of the box and then properties

3. Tick the box that says 'make default settings.'

That should get you back to the default of no fill on future docs.

I agree with others that this bug is ludicrous.  Really poor effort from Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 22, 2018 Feb 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the delayed response and inconvenience caused.

Adobe is aware of the issue and working on it. You may refer to Acrobat and macOS 10.13 High Sierra compatibility

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2018 Mar 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So how many more MONTHS is this going to take to fix.  This is ridiculous Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2018 Sep 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac OS 10.14 Mojave is about to come out. Perhaps Adobe is waiting for Apple to roll back to 32 bit compatibility...

Someone is living in a box at Adobe. They did not see that the evolution to 64 bits processing has been in the works (and done a long time ago for most) for about 10 years ?!!! I mean even Open Office which is being maintained by people who are not even being paid is 64 bit compatible...

10 months now of knowing about a bug and not doing anything about it.

We are clients, not beneficiaries. We paid good money for the software we're using. Or is our money worth less because we're using Macs ?

This is completely unacceptable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2019 Aug 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The links on the page don't work! WTH!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 01, 2019 Aug 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The links on 19.008.20071 Planned update, October 02, 2018 — Release Notes for Acrobat DC Products work for me, but they are hardly relevant: this update is over a year old, and anyone with an up to date copy is well past this update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines