• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The document could not be printed - There were no pages selected to print

Participant ,
Sep 11, 2014 Sep 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, since a few days I can't print PDF files with Acrobat XI (11.0.07).

I have tried to print with my own and with external PDF files. With secured and unsecured files. No way.

I see this 2 error windows

• The document could not be printed
  • There were no pages selected to print

I can print the PDF files with Apple Preview without any problems.

I can also print the same PDF files with my browser (Google Chome)

But I can't print with Acrobat Pro.

Joerg

TOPICS
Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Participant , Oct 28, 2014 Oct 28, 2014

After re-installing my system, Acrobat is working again.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Feb 20, 2024 Feb 20, 2024

I have solved this on my  IMac

On your Mac, choose Apple menu

> System Settings, click General

in the sidebar, then click Sharing on the right. (You may need to scroll down.)

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 07, 2023 Dec 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lara33997567zzub,

Thank you for reaching out.

As you get the same error message, please share the Acrobat and OS versions on the machine.

Ensure that you have updated the application to the latest version. In Acrobat, go to Menu > Help > Check for updates (New Acrobat). For more information on updates, refer to the following help document: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/release-note/release-notes-acrobat-reader.html

Let us know if the issue has already been resolved.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2023 Dec 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem - cannot print to Brother printer. Attaching OS and Adobe versions as screenshots.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2023 Dec 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac OS 14.1.2 here. My solution was to open the PDF in Preview and print from that application. I don't have time to troubleshoot further that what has been suggested above and needed to move on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 07, 2024 Jan 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Rupert343358054613.

I've had this problem since late last year - Mac OS 14.1.2 with Brother printer J6930DW (used to work just fine) and I've been dropping the pdf onto the airprint icon but that didn't give me the options to print both sides etc. None of the other fixes worked reinstalling Acrobat etc. opening in preview worked - like you I have no time to muck around finding a better solution that's adobe's job. So Adobe get onto this and fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 08, 2024 Jan 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A couple workarounds that you can try:

1. Drop the PDF in a browser window and you can use the browser's print function. The PDF has to be dropped into a browser window that has a website open. For me, at least, if I try to drop a PDF into a new Safari window it wont open the PDF.

2. Open the PDF using Preview and you can then print from there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 25, 2024 Feb 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Honestly we pay a sizable amount for Adobe products and I've had this problem since last year, no updates to fix it from Adobe. Tried all the options suggested on this board but nothing worked, so still using preview to print files hopefully that doesn't stuff up or I'm out of options

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 23, 2024 Mar 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Workaround option #1 works for me. But seriously - WHY do we need to do this? I feel like there is something that is glitchy - can Adobe please respond with a solution? And please don't tell us to uninstall and reinstall and check the version.... Thank you respectfully. We need someone to look into this deeper please. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any luck on this issue? I've got the same thing happening and I can't even find a solution to print. Any insights would be helpful thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2024 Feb 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even though I uninstalled Acrobat, restarted computer the same messges came up. I checked the version after re-installing and it was from 2022. There is an OPTIONAL update from 2024 on the acrobat site (from a link on this help page from a post). Installing now. Fingers crossed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2024 Feb 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have solved this on my  IMac

On your Mac, choose Apple menu

> System Settings, click General

in the sidebar, then click Sharing on the right. (You may need to scroll down.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, and then what's the next step after clicking on "Sharing"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried it. Didn't work.

Printing from Preview is an option, but not for multiple sheets on one page.

Subscription money well spent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any luck?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone figured this out? I am on a Mac OS Sonoma 14.3.1 and I've uninstalled and reinstalled Adobe Acrobat Reader 3 times. I've tried the Enhanced Security. I've also seen the "Sharing" comment but not sure what to click on. This is incredibly frustrating. My husband can print the files and we are on the same network and same printer. Here is a screen shot with the Adobe release: 

Monica36276374xebq_0-1711223338206.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought I had it sussed a few weeks ago, it worked fine until yesterday  and now its happening again. Silly thing is that I can print from Iphone and Macbookpro thus we may guess its Sonoma that is creating a problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2024 Apr 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the issue before upgrading to Sonoma.  What a joke. Come on, Adobe? Acrobat has 1 job. P R I N T 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2024 Apr 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SO FRUSTRATING!  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2024 Apr 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have done this and it works

Screenshot 2024-04-22 at 20.27.24.png

1. Select Print PDF
  2. Choose Advanced Settings
  3. Select Print as Image

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 22, 2024 Apr 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes this worked for me, finally a fix but why can't Adobe do something it's not like their software is cheap.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2024 Apr 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's 2024 and this is still a thing.  Well, I made a screen capture video of the issue and how to fix it.  Here you go:

Adobe Acrobat won't print because no pages are selected 

Enjoy,
Eddie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2024 Apr 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just tried this and it didn't work for me. Thanks for the option though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2024 Apr 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nevermind, it worked, lol!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 28, 2024 Apr 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update - this doesn't work for me. My advanced settings do not look like yours and most of it is 'greyed' out so I can't click on Print as Image. See below. So far, what I continue to have to do is to drag the file to a tab in Google and then print it from the web. In other instances, I actually can print from Adobe. It's completely hit and miss. Sounds like this works for others. Mine solution is just another option. Good luck everyone! And if anyone figures out the mystery - please let us know!

Monica36276374xebq_1-1714327168973.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 13, 2024 May 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! My brand new Macbook Pro just started doing this a couple of weeks ago. This solution worked for me, but sheesh! Why should it have to? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2024 Jun 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this worked, thanks for the video! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines