Trying to alter trimbox dimensions with set page boxes tool

New Here ,
Aug 09, 2022 Aug 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an A3 PDF supplied by my customer. All is fine until I want to put it over to my imposition software. Turns out the trimbox of the pdf is not set to A3 landscape. Apparently I can easily change this in the set page boxes window. But I can't. The A3 option is greyed out and when I manually type in the dimensions it tells me I cannot reduce to these dimensions. What am I doing wrong? I have tried taking the pdf into Quark and exporting it as a new pdf but the same thing happens. Any advice welcome. I realise I'm probably missing something obvious but I'm learning on the job with no help!

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , How to , Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 09, 2022 Aug 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Does the pdf view as portrait or landscape? if portrait, you can rotate the page using the Organize page tool or with a preflight profile (Tools> Print production> Preflight). If it is viewing as landscape, and the page size is 420 x 297, as indicated in the lower left corner, then something odd is happening. What imposition program are you using? Can you show a screen shot of the set page boxes window?

rotate to landscape.png

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines