• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trying to embed video in PDF and only Soundwaves are showing

New Here ,
Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to Embed a video in a PDF using Acrobat Pro DC, and once placed on the page, it never shows the video, all it is showing is soundwaves and only the sound plays, not the actual video. The video is .mp4.

samw24933130_0-1607488194345.png

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Community Beginner , Feb 03, 2022 Feb 03, 2022

Hi Everyone,

I think this might work:

In Acrobat, go to:

Edit>Preferences>Security (Enhanced)

Uncheck “Enable Protected Mode at startup (Preview)”

Close out of Acrobat, reopen your file, and then it should work. However, this could be a lot of work for someone and they might get frustrated. It would be great if we could be a "trusted source."

Hope this helps,

Kristen

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Feb 03, 2022 Feb 03, 2022

Until Adobe finds a way to play a video reliably and with the playback control bar in a PDF file, the best thing to do is to place it as an attachment and use a button (for example) to trigger the opening of the attachment in the default video player.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Oct 23, 2023 Oct 23, 2023

@Amal. the same answer has been given several times. This should be easy to replicate.  - insert mp4 video file - save - play media file -  see soundwaves -  try disabling security workaround -  this seems to yield two possible outcomes. Either it works or player crashes when we attempt playback. Even if this workaround is effective (and it seems it only works part of the time) it is no good, as we cannot expect to send our merticously created PDF to a customer with instructions to disable secur

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Samw

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As described on playing the embedded video in the PDF file it only shows the audio spectrum.

Is this a behavior with a particular PDF with particular video embedded or with all the PDFs with videos? Please try to insert a different video in the PDF file and check.

Acrobat and Reader play most multimedia files, such as audio or video, using the built-in media player. (For the supported file types, see Play multimedia.) Multimedia content that requires additional resources to play, such as an external player or plug-in, is considered “legacy” multimedia content. You can control the use of external players or plug-ins in the Multimedia Trust (Legacy) preferences as described in the help page https://helpx.adobe.com/in/acrobat/using/playing-video-audio-multimedia-formats.html

Also make sure you must have H.264 codecs installed on your computer to play files that use H.264 compression.

Hope this information will help

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2022 Jan 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the exact same issue. Any luck finding a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 21, 2022 Jan 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Carly

Hope you are doing well and sorry to hear that.

- Is this a behavior with a particular PDF file with video or with all the PDFs with videos embedded.?

- What is the workflow/steps you did to create the PDF or embedd the video in it? If you have exported the PDF from Adobe Indesign, please check the export settings in Indesign and see if that works.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 26, 2022 Jan 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal,

I am having the same problem too and I have created the PDF wtih the imported video two different ways: 1) Exported from InDesign and 2) Imported within Acrobat. I am getting a squiggly audio line too. The only way I have been able to get that feature to work is if I link it to the video that is saved in the same location as the PDF and this is unacceptable. I'm preparing a proposal and we can only send one file so I really need to figure out how to get the video embedded in the PDF so that it can launch when the viewer is reading our proposal. Could it be that the video is too big and is getting truncated? Our deadline is 2/16/22. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Kristen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 02, 2022 Feb 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue, has Adobe managed to fix I? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So Same issue here, however with our situation slightly different.  I made the report and converted a .mov file with h264 codec and embedded it into the .pdf report file.  I am able to open the .pdf, scroll down to the page that contaains the video and mit plays the audio and video just fine.  I send this .pdf file to my co-workers so they confirm the video and audio play.  Unfortunitly only green sound waves play on all three of their desktop computers with no video.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Bizzare that the file works on my desk top and not any of theirs.  As a company we all subscribe to the same Adobe product, Acrobat DC Pro version 2021.011.20039

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We are sorry to hear that the issue still exists.

Would you mind sharing the version of the affected OS and the application (Acrobat pro DC)  where the video is not playing and you are getting just the sound waves.  To check the version of the application go to Help > About Acrobat and make sure you have the recent version 21.11.20039 go to help > Check for updates and reboot the system.

Please share the PDF file in question with us https://helpx.adobe.com/document-cloud/help/sharing-pdfs.html  so that we can try to reproduce/check the issue at our end.

Also, please collect the Adobe CC logs https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html and process monitor logs (Win Only) of the affected machine https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/acromonitor.html and share then with us via document cloud as described here https://helpx.adobe.com/document-cloud/help/sharing-pdfs.html 

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amal

As per my post we are all running version 21.011.20039.  Once created I am able to see the video and have sound, not the same for my co-workers who only see the green sound wave with no video.  Please help in getting this rersolved. We are all running windows 10 Pro desktops. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 03, 2022 Feb 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amal,

I am running the latest and greatest version of Acrobat DC. I don't want to share the link publiclly as it has sensitive info in it but if you give me your email address, I will. 

Thank you,

Kristen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2024 Jan 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am using Acrobat Pro, I am using the latest version, I have the same problem, can you help? There is no problem on another computer, but the problem continues on my computer. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So basically, more than a year later , the issue has still not been resolved, or answered here? Sad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, I don't want to have the user have to do a lot of work and get frustrated that it won't play. It should just play when you click the button. The user (my client) shouldn't have to download and upgrade stuff. Please make this feature work, thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found the PDF works perfect on a Mac , thus its isolated to Windows 11 and 10 in my case running v2021.011.20039 of Acrobat Pro DC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amal

As per my post we are all running version 21.011.20039.  Once created I am able to see the video and have sound, not the same for my co-workers who only see the green sound wave with no video.  Please help in getting this rersolved. We are all running windows 10 Pro desktops. 

Patrick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Patrick.

Please share the PDF file in question with us https://helpx.adobe.com/document-cloud/help/sharing-pdfs.html  so that we can try to reproduce/check the issue at our end.

Also, please collect the Adobe CC logs https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html and process monitor logs (Win Only) of the affected machine https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/acromonitor.html and share then with us via document cloud as described here https://helpx.adobe.com/document-cloud/help/sharing-pdfs.html 

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone,

I think this might work:

In Acrobat, go to:

Edit>Preferences>Security (Enhanced)

Uncheck “Enable Protected Mode at startup (Preview)”

Close out of Acrobat, reopen your file, and then it should work. However, this could be a lot of work for someone and they might get frustrated. It would be great if we could be a "trusted source."

Hope this helps,

Kristen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kristen

That fixed the issue for my teamates!!  Thank you so much for the easy fix.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ugh, didn't work for me. So frustrating. Now when I click the video box to play it, the entire program shuts down. This is awful!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 30, 2022 Aug 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, did you find a solution eventually? All my .pdf with embedded videos have the same problem: I can only hear the sound, but I have no image.

Thanks a lot!

Gerald

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! This works for me , now to test it on the rest of the team.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 15, 2022 Mar 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried this and now it just causes Acrobat to crash every time I try to add a video. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 30, 2022 Aug 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, same issue here for me. Did you eventually find a way to fix this?

Best,

Gerald

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 14, 2022 Oct 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YAY! That worked; brilliant. Nothing that a little FAQ/instructs can't cure. Thanks so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2023 Jun 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not the "correct answer". It just causes Acrobat to crash when you try to play the video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines