• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to change signature in the Fill & Sign Tool drop down list using Acrobat Pro DC

Community Beginner ,
Jan 07, 2020 Jan 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unable to delete a signature in the drop down so that I can add a new one. The delete box is grayed out and won't respond.

invoice.JPG

[Title Edited By Moderator]

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

New Here , Jun 09, 2020 Jun 09, 2020

Dear all,

I had a similar issue; unable to change signature in the Fill & Sign Tool drop down list.

Then I did this:
1. Close Adobe Reader application
2. Microsoft Windows - Go to Local(C) > Users > User(Yours) > AppData> Roaming> Adobe > Acrobat > DC > Security
3. Rename the below files
    reader_fss_signature_initials into XXXreader_fss_signature_initials
    reader_fss_signature_initiali into XXXreader_fss_signature_initiali
    reader_fss_signature_initialk into XXXreader_fss_signature_initialk

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Sep 26, 2023 Sep 26, 2023

I understand that you're having trouble with your Adobe Acrobat application, and I'm here to help you get it resolved. Thank you for reaching out with your concerns.

To address the problem, please follow these steps:

1. Remove the Application: Start by using the Acrobat Cleaner Tool, which can help ensure a clean uninstallation. You can download the tool from this link: Acrobat Cleaner Tool. Make sure to carefully follow the instructions provided on the Adobe website to

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Feb 15, 2024 Feb 15, 2024

I think the easiest way of fixing it is - First press on the close (x) button next to the signature a few times (it would be still not gone that is the problem we have), then open task manager (ctrl+alt+delete), 'End Task' Adobe Acrobat. Now start Adobe Acrobat, the signature will be gone and 'Add signature' will be shown.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2020 Jun 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For everyone having this problem, I followed Becky's example and logged out then back in and it worked. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 22, 2021 Apr 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Came back to this thread to give this the thumbs up.  Becky's example worked for me as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2020 Jun 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear all,

I had a similar issue; unable to change signature in the Fill & Sign Tool drop down list.

Then I did this:
1. Close Adobe Reader application
2. Microsoft Windows - Go to Local(C) > Users > User(Yours) > AppData> Roaming> Adobe > Acrobat > DC > Security
3. Rename the below files
    reader_fss_signature_initials into XXXreader_fss_signature_initials
    reader_fss_signature_initiali into XXXreader_fss_signature_initiali
    reader_fss_signature_initialk into XXXreader_fss_signature_initialk
4. Open Adobe Reader application, then the signature in the Fill & Sign Tool is back to default blank

The issue has been fixed and system will create a new files for reader_fss_signature_initials, reader_fss_signature_initiali, and reader_fss_signature_initialk.

You may keep XXX---- files for the backup.

Hope this can help you.

Cheers,

jfk

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2022 Jul 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me initially, but now I have to do this every time I need to switch signatures and I sign for several executives. Is there a permanent fix? I didn't have this problem until a few days ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try justins65179093 method?  It was the easiest and most effective for me.

"There is a super easy way to change your signature which is bizzare that Adobe Support can't provide.

You need to go into your adobe account's preferences > Adobe Online Services > E-signing Settings

Click the link and choose personal preferences on the left hand bar, then choose "My Signatures"

From here you can either just clear the signatures, go back into Adobe and create your new signature or you can update them directly from the website." justins65179093  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Justin,

I may have a different version (Acrobat 2020)? That option didn't come up for me in the Adobe Online Services menu. However, I did use the link to go online and I can remove and add signatures there, so I may just have to do it that way from now on. Very frustrating for someone who has to sign documents for multiple executives!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2020 Sep 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue and I had to log out of Adobe and sign back in -- once I did that I was able to delete signatures and add new ones again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had the same issue.  Logging out and logging back in was the easiest fix for me, without having to edit the file names.  Adobe, by their responses, clearly cares little for listening, addressing, and actually fixing issues.  They act as if this is open source software and something we are not paying for.  I had an issue where Adobe Acrobat DC was crashing every few minutes and it took them 10 months to get an update to fix it.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2021 Jan 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you jfk

... you're a genius it worked!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a super easy way to change your signature which is bizzare that Adobe Support can't provide.

You need to go into your adobe account's preferences > Adobe Online Services > E-signing Settings

Click the link and choose personal preferences on the left hand bar, then choose "My Signatures"

From here you can either just clear the signatures, go back into Adobe and create your new signature or you can update them directly from the website.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 26, 2021 May 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the money advice! Thanks justin6579093!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2024 Feb 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

100% great! Thank you Justin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2021 Jul 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Justins,

This was by far the easiest solution!

SandyW

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 10, 2022 Jan 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No luck. My sigs are there on the website, but will not load in the software. I have gone from having one sig I need to change, to having no sigs, to not being able to even open the software without it crashing.

I'm buying a printer and a stamp. Much quicker, it seems!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2022 Mar 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me! Thank you Justin!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2021 Dec 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been receiving this glitch for over 6 months now. My only step to get rid of it is that I have to completely restart my computer if I have to ever switch between any of my agents' signatures. Sometimes it doesn't make me, and I have an easy time going back and forth with my on file signatures, and then just out of nowhere Adobe DC will not let me change the signature and I yet again have to restart my entire computer (which is a hassle as I run multiple other programs at all times so I have to shut everything down just for 1 task that should be very simple).

I've tried following the solutions that people have offered where logging out and then logging back in to apply a new signature, however that does not work for me. When I log out and then log back in, when I click "add signature +", Adobe DC then will completely freeze on me and not bring up the small window to select my signature from.

This whole thing has been made using Adobe DC a nightmare at times to use. Does anyone have any other solutions? My Adobe DC is up to date, I have uninstalled, re-installed, and restarted my computer too many times to try and get this to stop but to absolutely no avail. I'm using Windows 11 for my OS. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2021 Dec 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just want to add that I have tried all the suggestions in this thread, including the latest one provided by justin6579093. It does not work for me, when I followed his steps and then re-opened Adobe DC, it still didn't have a saved signature and trying to click to choose one just continues to give me a blank, darkened screen where the pop up window should show up but it does not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 17, 2021 Dec 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Likewise.  I hope I can get the old signature back by renaiming the XXX* files... 😉
Doesn't fill users with confidence.  Reader is a fantastically useful application, but it can be clunky.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't get the old signature back.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, this! The constant "invisible" dialogue boxes whenver I try to do... anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just in case Adobe don't think there is a real problem here, there is a real problem here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issues. Logging out/back in removed my signatures and initials, but when I try to add a new one, I just get an invisible dialogue box. So now I have... NO SIGNATURE.  Thanks, Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 11, 2022 Jan 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Sorry to hear that . The planned update for Adobe Acrobat/Reader DC version 21.11.20039  is now available. Please update the application from the help menu > Check for updates  and reboot the computer once.

You may also download the patch manually from the link https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotesDC/index.html  and see if that works for you.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 11, 2022 Jan 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I gave up and went the hard copy route.  (Experience has taught me that updates generally just trade one problem for another.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 17, 2022 Jan 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem was solved by some earlier advice – uninstall and re-install the application – which worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines