• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Use Overprint Preview: Acrobat & Reader preference rgb display issue

Community Expert ,
Feb 27, 2024 Feb 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like confirmation of a possible bug in older versions of Acrobat, specifically version 22.1.20112.0, when the page display preference for Overprint Preview is set to "Always", rgb elements visually appear as cmyk, when the preference is set to "Never", they appear as rgb.

This does not happen in the current version. Can someone please check this if you are using an older version, or if you are aware of any documentation of this issue? This is a follow-up to a topic posted in the InDesign forum. Thanks.

Overrprint preview- Always.png

TOPICS
Modern Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 29, 2024 Feb 29, 2024

After some testing, I determined the InDesign file was the cause. On this particular file, RGB elements appear as RGB on the exported pdf, regardless of the Acrobat overprint preview preference. (normally RGB red will appear as CMYK red when the Acrobat page display preference for overprint is set to "Always"). Oddly, exporting the InDesign file to an IDML file and re-opening in InDesign (which usually fixes odd issues like this) had no effect. I have attached a sample InDesign file that shows t

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 29, 2024 Feb 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

After some testing, I determined the InDesign file was the cause. On this particular file, RGB elements appear as RGB on the exported pdf, regardless of the Acrobat overprint preview preference. (normally RGB red will appear as CMYK red when the Acrobat page display preference for overprint is set to "Always"). Oddly, exporting the InDesign file to an IDML file and re-opening in InDesign (which usually fixes odd issues like this) had no effect. I have attached a sample InDesign file that shows the issue, in case anyone wants to have a look.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines