• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

VERY slow, buggy document viewing on some documents

Advocate ,
Oct 03, 2023 Oct 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This morning I"m finding that a very small (1.4mb) document I'm working on can barely be navigated. It's generated out of InDesign, and has a photo on the front (5.6mb original size) and an Illustrator image on the back (265k) as well as 10 very small image files.

However, other documents seem to be ok. Maybe a bit slow, but generally ok.

When navigating, the front "large" image seems to randomly hide rectangular sections of the image, which alternate while I'm viewing:
Screenshot 2023-10-03 at 6.22.42 AM.png

It's actually a re-make of a flyer I did 9 years ago.

Overall, there's been a general "slowing down" of Acrobat in different documents, but this is the worst I've seen so far.

Specs:
Screenshot 2023-10-03 at 6.35.16 AM.png

Any help appreciated.

Also see this post, maybe related.

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , Create PDFs , General troubleshooting , Modern Acrobat , PDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Nov 22, 2023 Nov 22, 2023

Hey guys - meanwhile we have updated our Macs on Sonoma 14.1.1 and I can't reproduce the issue anymore. It seems to be "solved". I can't remember that there was any Adobe Acrobat update recently and I have not turned on automatic update so I assume that it might be OS related.
Maybe someone can confirm this?

All Best

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 04, 2023 Oct 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @turner111 

I hope you're doing well, and I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing an issue with Adobe Acrobat DC. Let's go through a few troubleshooting steps:

1. Is this an issue with a particular PDF file or with all the PDFs? Please try opening a different PDF file to see if the problem persists. If you're accessing the file from a shared network or drive, try downloading it to your local computer and then opening it again.

2. Check your Acrobat DC version: To ensure you have the most recent version, go to "Help" > "About Acrobat." Make sure you have version 23.06.20320 installed. If not, you can check for updates by going to "Help" > "Check for updates" and then reboot your computer.

3. Reset Acrobat preferences: Sometimes, issues can be related to corrupted preferences. You can try resetting Acrobat preferences to their default settings. Here's a guide on how to do it: Reset Acrobat Preference Settings to Default.

4. Create a new user profile: It's possible that the issue is tied to your user profile. You can create a new test user profile with full admin rights or enable the root account (for Mac users) to see if the problem persists when using the application under a different profile.

If the issue still persists after trying these steps, please provide more details about the problem and share the specific PDF file you're having trouble with. This will help us further investigate and assist you in resolving the issue.

Let me know how these steps work for you or if you need any further assistance.

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Oct 09, 2023 Oct 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal,

1) The "flashing image squares" is with this file only, but many have shown decreased performance, some more than others.

2) I'm current. I'd post but we can't copy from the About box.

3) Will try resetting preferences if issue persists. However, I don't remember selecting the "make performance really choppy" option  😉
4) I'm in the middle of like 6 projects, so no chance I'm going to do anything that has the potential of causing user recognition issues right now. I would be interested, though, in knowing (technically) how a user profile can cause rectangular sections of an image to flash on & off like a slow-motion disco floor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Oct 10, 2023 Oct 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Follow up: this seems to be affecting only my main working computer (iMac) even after deleting preferences & uninstalling/re-installing Acrobat.

Based on this page, Forums appear to be the only support option for individual users - is this correct?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 13, 2023 Oct 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Follow up: this seems to be affecting only my main working computer (iMac) even after deleting preferences & uninstalling/re-installing Acrobat.

Based on this page, Forums appear to be the only support option for individual users - is this correct?

By @turner111

If you have a paid subscription, you can also contact Adobe customer support.

Adobe customer care can be contacted by beginning a secure chat session at https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen. Pop-up blockers need to be disabled, you need to accept cookies! If the chat window fails to open, or is non-responsive, use a different device and/or browser to start the interaction.

For support via Twitter:
https://twitter.com/AdobeCare

(see also here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/creative-cloud-services/how-to-contact-adobe-support/td-p/11875703 or here
https://community.adobe.com/t5/account-payment-plan/how-to-contact-adobe-support/td-p/11843852)

Important: Adobe does NOT contact you unsolicited by e-mail or direct message. If you get contacted by direct message from a person, claiming to be an Adobe employee, look at that profile and look, if they bear the “Adobe Employee” marking under their name. Adobe support does not use Skype to give you support.
If in doubt, ask the forum.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 10, 2023 Oct 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys,

we are experiencing the same issue. Acrobat goes completely nuts on viewing documents. Very slow and as @turner111 already mentionend, its randomly covering areas with white rectangles. I am on Mac aswell.

Currently my specs are
MacPro 2019 / 2.5ghz 28core Xeon / 256GB Ram / Radeon Pro Vega 2 32GB Ram // Mac OS Ventura 13.5.2
Acrobat DC is up to date. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 13, 2023 Oct 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We are sorry to hear that the issue still persists, Would you mind collecting the Adobe CC logs https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html , and  share them via any cloud storage. Just upload the log file to the cloud and generate the link and share that link with us for further investigation.

Regards
Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 31, 2023 Oct 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing the same issue on an imac. Acrobat flickers, covers areas with white rectangles and very slow. Unworkable. So regreting having "Automatically install updates" turned on. It was fine before it updated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 03, 2023 Nov 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Please share the requested logs for further isolating the issue for the fix.

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 06, 2023 Nov 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Log Collector Tool won't finish installing. Hangs after clicking Continue to allow Log Collector Tool to collect...logs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 10, 2023 Nov 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

You may try to create a new test user profile with full admin rights or enable the root account in MAC  https://support.apple.com/en-in/HT204012 and try using the application there and check.

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 15, 2023 Nov 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm just trying to view a document in Acrobat. It's completely unusable now. Don't have time for this and I'm going to stop using Acrobat and view the documents in another program. See attached video. The screen and images flicker continuously and it's extremely slow. The image doesn't start coming in until the 12 second mark.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 16, 2023 Nov 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Is this an issue with a particular PDF file or with all the PDFs?  Please try with a different PDF file and check.

Also, update the application to the recent version 23.06.20380 from the help menu > check for updates and reboot the computer once and see if that works.

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 16, 2023 Nov 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey @Amal. it's not only related to one specific PDF. We had a large print production with a couple of different PDF's and all of them were acting weird as described.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 17, 2023 Nov 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is not an issue with one pdf. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 17, 2023 Nov 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've updated the app. Same thing. This program is completely unusable. Give us the option of installing older versions (that work!) like we have with the other Adobe apps while you fix this mess.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 21, 2023 Nov 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We are sorry to hear that.

Would you mind sharing a small video recording of the issue for more clarity? Also, collect the Adobe CC logs https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html and the print logs as described below for further investigation:

1. Place the plist file com.adobe.Acrobat.FeatureState.plist at location /Library/Application Support/Adobe/Acrobat/Trunk/Preferences

2. Execute the print workflow

3. Logs will be generated at a location similar to /var/folders/t9/93cz_sz9075d4nl5hqrlc6n00000gn/T.

4. The temp folder where the logs are generated is different for different users which is common only upto /var/folders.

5. To get the exact path of the file use the following command on terminal “ sudo find / -name AcrobatPrintLogs.txt “

6. once you get the complete path eg like /private/var/folders/jk/vgtyw__s2dsdphtygd_0jslr0000gn/T/AcrobatPrintLogs.txt

7. just add cat as follows cat /private/var/folders/jk/vgtyw__s2dsdphtygd_0jslr0000gn/T/AcrobatPrintLogs.txt

8. One can see AcrobatPrintLogs

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 22, 2023 Nov 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys - meanwhile we have updated our Macs on Sonoma 14.1.1 and I can't reproduce the issue anymore. It seems to be "solved". I can't remember that there was any Adobe Acrobat update recently and I have not turned on automatic update so I assume that it might be OS related.
Maybe someone can confirm this?

All Best

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Upgrading an OS is not the solution, particularly for those with computers that can't be updated to Sonoma, either because of the age of the computer or because one may be in the middle of projects.

Mostly, though, because Sonoma wasn't available when the error began.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've already uploaded a video to an earlier post and the log collector didn't install as mentioned previously.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines