• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

White displays as yellow in Acrobat and Photoshop

Explorer ,
Sep 17, 2021 Sep 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, I've been having this problem for some time but only just looking to sort it. In Acrobat and Photoshop whites appear off-white, or yellow, but I dont have that problem in InDesign or Illustrator. I've inlcuded a screenshot to demonstrate.

The monitor displays whites fine generally, even in Acrobat you can see the software options are properly coloured, it's just what is displayed in the working area which has the problem so I'm guessing there's a setting somewhere that I need to change?

Many thanks for any help anyone can provide.

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Sep 17, 2021 Sep 17, 2021

I had this problem in Acrobat. Lots of similar posts since latest update.

This fixed it:

go to ‘Edit’
then ‘Preferences’
Select ‘Accessibility’
Check ‘Replace Document Colors’
Select ‘Use Windows Color Scheme’
Press ‘OK’

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a screenshot of InDesign

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a screenshot in Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this problem in Acrobat. Lots of similar posts since latest update.

This fixed it:

go to ‘Edit’
then ‘Preferences’
Select ‘Accessibility’
Check ‘Replace Document Colors’
Select ‘Use Windows Color Scheme’
Press ‘OK’

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, it fixed the problem in Acrobat (although it's a light grey rather than white), I couldn't see a similar option in Photoshop, do you know if there is one?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, don't worry, I deleted all my preferences in PS and that seems to have corrected the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Thank you for reporting this.

The team is aware of this issue and investigating it further.

Please try the suggestion provided by JJ3ANS and check if that helps.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2021 Sep 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No it is not an solution

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem has been going on for a while already, I would say over 2 months.

The work arounds dont solve the issue for many users.

Adobe needs to fix this ASAP, it is effecting work, presentations and printing documents.

Please fix ASAP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 05, 2021 Nov 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning,

This has croped up again. I installed Windows 11 a few days ago. Yesterday a PDF of a print file suddenly turned yellow. I tried to change the accessibility settings - the Windows Color Scheme turned the page grey with the white backgrounds of the placed JPGs still yellow, changing to the custom color settings made the page white, but the JPG backgrounds still yellow. Please can you help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same problem in Acrobat. All my doc turned to yellowish. Tried to the same method >> ‘Accessibility’ Check ‘Replace Document Colors’ Select ‘Use Windows Color Scheme’ Press ‘OK’. But this does not work out for me.

This is my setting. Tried many ways, but nothing seemed to work. Can anyone help?

Yve5C4F_0-1632475423096.pngYve5C4F_1-1632475444644.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a similar thread on the topic. Seems like many people are experiencing this since the September 14 update.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/all-pdfs-created-have-yellow-backgrounds/td-p/123...

|    Bevi Chagnon   |  Designer & Technologist for Accessible Documents
|    Classes & Books for Accessible InDesign, PDFs & MS Office |

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>> ‘Accessibility’ Check ‘Replace Document Colors’ Select ‘Use Windows Color Scheme’ Press ‘OK’.

It does not work. It only turns around where the yellow is.

It is adobe who must fix this and send out an update. Nothing works otherwise.

WRONG.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 07, 2021 Oct 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently installed Windows 11. Don't know when my adobe apps last updated. This is what "works/worked" for me. YMMV.

Solution 1 (After getting help from adobe chat support)

• Adobe Acrobat DC: Edit> Preference>Color Management> Select "Monitor Color" from the "Setting:"
     Dropdown.
  • Photoshop: Edit> Color Settings> Select "Monitor Color" from the "Setting:"
     Dropdown.

Result: White is White

Cons?: I don't know much about how this is linked to a color calibration profile set on the OS, so I'm not sure if this method does anything to color accuracy if that's important to you (it is for me).

Solution 2 (ICC Profile in OS )

Access Color Profile on Windows: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/about-color-management-2a2ed8fa-cf09-83c5-e55c-d1428519f...

I don't have a mac but maybe this would be the same: https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-help/change-your-displays-color-profile-mchlf3ddc60d/mac

Before these solutions, I reset my photshop settings to default and uninstalled/reinstalled my Adobe Acrobat.

• 2A - Check what ICC profile your OS is using. If it's not sRGB IEC61966-2.1, switch it to that to see if it fixes it.
    • If you have Adobe Acrobat/Photoshop open when you do this, close it and then open to see if it's fixed.
      • If this solution works, whatever profile you were using previously may have an issue.
      • Recalibrate your monitor and test the programs with your new calibrated profile set as default on your OS (This last point is if you have a calibration tool).
  • 2B - If the above option doesnt work, which didn't for me on this occasion, I deleted all color profiles that were specifically calibrated for my monitor, then set it sRGB IEC61966-2.1, restarted my PC and then tested again. This worked for me. That should be it for you unless you collabrate your monitors. I recalibrated my monitor with my SpyderX and set my new color profile. All is good now.

Solution 3

https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/adobe-acrobat-pro-dc-all-pdfs-appear-with-a-yello... 

This one is a fix through "accessibility" settings in Adobe Acrobat and truthfully I feel it's not a great one. Although it appears to make white backgrounds actually look white, if you have PDFs with artwork or perhaps other media (not just text and the background" you''ll notice color differences. I work in design and this is no good for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2023 Jul 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Solution 1 worked for me within Adobe Acrobat Pro, thank you CChow.

To confirm within
Edit > Preferences > Accessibility the only checkboxes I have ticked are Use document Structure for tab... and Enable assistive technology support.

Then within Edit > Preferences > Colour Management I changed Settings to Monitor Color
Clicked Ok at the bottom of the window and the colours are now correct.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2022 Feb 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having all of  my pdf files open with a yellow background.  Under Preferences, Color management, changed the grayscale to Dot Gain 20% instead of Gray Gamma and the problem went away. Not sure when or how it was changed to Gray Gamma.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2022 Feb 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I searched for hours. Tried everything on this feed to fix both Photoshop and PDF docs in Acrobat that were showing yellow instead of white. Then I found this short, simple video and it fixed it! how to fix white color is yellow in photoshop cc 2021 - YouTube 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2022 Nov 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! This worked for me too

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines