• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Account Sign-in When Opening a PDF

New Here ,
Jun 29, 2018 Jun 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

on an IMac running Yosemite (OS 10.10.5). Recently every time I try to open a pdf I get a dialogue box asking me to sign in to my account. Is there any way around this? I find this incredibly annoying. it won't let me proceed without signing in.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 02, 2018 Jul 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Stewartl,

Sorry for the delayed response and inconvenience caused. As per the description above, you are getting Account Sign-in prompt when you are opening any PDF in Adobe Reader, Is that correct?

Please reboot the machine once and sign-in with your current Adobe ID(email) and password in Adobe Reader and then try opening PDF files and see if you still get the Account Sign-in pop-up.

Also, check for any pending updates of Adobe Reader from help>check for updates, reboot the machine after updating Adobe Reader.

What is the dot version of Adobe Reader installed? To identify refer to Identify the product and its version for Acrobat and Reader DC

Is any other Adobe product is installed and activated on the machine?

Let us know how it goes and share your findings.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 12, 2019 Feb 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue.  I have creative suite and the latest version of acrobat.  I regularly use Photoshop, Premiere Pro, After Effects, Dreamweaver, and Acrobat.  About once a month I'm asked to sign in when I open something (I assume that periodically Adobe wants to check that it's me and I have an active account), except almost every time I download a pdf I need to sign in to read it.  Annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 12, 2019 Feb 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Squaremeals,

I am sorry for the trouble you had, what is the version of Acrobat installed? To identify, please refer to Identify the product and its version for Acrobat and Reader DC

Are you on a Mac or Windows machine and what is the version?

Is it possible to post a screenshot of the window where you get the sign-in prompt when opening a PDF file? To post a screenshot, refer to https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-7043#jive_content_id_How_do_I_attach_a_screenshot

Is it your personal computer or an office machine? Is any security software is installed? If yes, what is the version?

We're here to help, just need more info.

Thanks,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 15, 2019 Feb 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am on a windows computer (windows 7) at home - not part of a network.  I have up-to-date acrobat  - 19.010.20091.  Today in email I got an invoice as a pdf.  I downloaded it.  When I went to open it Adobe required my password before I could see the whole document (see screenshot).  I opened Photoshop to save the screenshot and Photoshop did not need a password.  Only Acrobat keeps asking for it. 

AcrobatPasswordScreenshot.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 14, 2020 Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is so horribly awful. Hostage to adobe. just want to open file. I don't want to sign in or download anything. I want to opne a pdf

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

make it stop now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

who are you adobe people. if i had any other resource i would use it. i don't want to give you any information or money EVER

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No one's forcing you to use Adobe software or pay them for anything. Use a different PDF viewer. There are plenty available out there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 28, 2020 Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also being required to sign in to Adobe when I want to view one of MY pdf documents and I am tired of it - about ready to get rid of adobe - hate to do that as I've enjoyed adobe products for years.  I also used Photoshop Elements, no sign in problem there.  This only began after I paid (to me rather high) the price to be able to do more editing on my pdf docs.  Y'all really need to fix this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2022 Sep 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe DC is still no charge.

Open your account, OR set one up, register and select Adobe DC to download.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines