Acrobat Crash

New Here ,
Aug 11, 2017 Aug 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Please can someone help.

I bought a new iMac - macOS Sierra v-10.12.6

I installed my acrobat x pro but every time I open it, it crashes straight away. If I'm quick enough to hit update it gives me an error 1045 then crashes.

Thank you for your time

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 11, 2017 Aug 11, 2017

Hi Ian,

Acrobat 10 Pro may or may not work with the latest macOS Sierra v-10.12.6 as the compatibility test has not been carreid out after Mac 10.7.

However, you may try uninstalling the Acrobat and then resetting the Acrobat preferences files in Mac os. Refer to the following link for troubleshooting steps: How to reset Acrobat Preference settings to default.

Install the Acrobat 10 Pro from the following link: Download Pro or Standard versions of Acrobat DC, XI, or X

If this does not work, you ma

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ian,

As per the issue description, Acrobat 10 Pro is crashing in iMac - macOS Sierra v-10.12.6, Is that correct ?

The Acrobat Pro 10 is an old software and is not compatible with the latest macOS Sierra v-10.12.6.

Sadly, there isn't much that can be done to fix this issue.

You may consider downloading and installing the Adobe Reader DC, download it from : https://acrobat.adobe.com/in/en/acrobat/pdf-reader.html

Feel free to update this discussion in case you need further assistance.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Anand Sri

Thank you for your reply but why does it work on my colleges iMac 10.12.2 which is the same as mine?

Kind Regards

Ian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ian,

Acrobat 10 Pro may or may not work with the latest macOS Sierra v-10.12.6 as the compatibility test has not been carreid out after Mac 10.7.

However, you may try uninstalling the Acrobat and then resetting the Acrobat preferences files in Mac os. Refer to the following link for troubleshooting steps: How to reset Acrobat Preference settings to default.

Install the Acrobat 10 Pro from the following link: Download Pro or Standard versions of Acrobat DC, XI, or X

If this does not work, you may try enabling the Root account and check. You can refer the link to enable the root account: How to enable the root user on your Mac - Apple Support

If Acrobat 10 pro is working in the Root account, then this could be permission issue on the user profile. Then you can create a new user profile and install the Acrobat 10 Pro.

You can disable the Root account later on.

Keep us posted with the results.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Anand Sri

Thank you. I will give it a go.

Kind Regards

Ian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines