• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat failed to load its Core DLL--can't open pdf files as a result

New Here ,
Oct 31, 2008 Oct 31, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed Acrobat Reader 9 and I am getting this error message. I shut down the computer to no avail. I am not able to read any pdf files. Any help is appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2011 Jun 29, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem but I just discovered that it only gives me that message and won't open PDF files in Firefox. I can open them and it works fine with Google Chrome. Hope this helps. I tried the repair option and that did  not work. It must be an issue with Firefox.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2011 Jun 30, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you but I do not use firefox. I use internet explorer. I repair it

in Control Panel and it works for awhile and then it stops.

Jerry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2011 Nov 14, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All you should have to do is install the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader.  Once installed, change the default program to launch when a PDF is opened to the latest one that you installed.  easiest way to do that. right click on a program, go to Open With..., then Choose Default.  a new dialogue box will open, and you can choose which PDF program you want to open with... make sure you choose the latest version.

What i noticed in my scenario was that i could open PDF files, but only after opening adobe reader x, and going to file--> open--> selecting my PDF.

but when i had items saved elsewhere i wasnt able to open them like say from the desktop or my documents.  gave me that 'Acrobat failed to load it Core DLL' error.  not fun.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2012 Feb 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm late to the party, but have FINALLY solved this issue.  I'm running Windows Vista on an old desktop I normally only use for printing.  Unable to print .pdf files with this same issues.

Uninstall the latest (lousy) version of Adobe and installed version 9.5.0. 

FIXED.

Abode should have addressed this issue long ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2012 Apr 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Keeping the thread alive here. I just had the same problem today on a Win XP machine after installing some adobe updates. My current version of Acrobat is 9.5.1 and my Adobe reader is 10.1.3. There were no issues with the reader, just the error message when trying to open Acrobat. I follow the advice of some of the previous posters and did a repair in "Add/Remove Programs". It took close to 10 minutes to finish repairing and required a reboot. After that everything worked perfectly again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2012 Jul 31, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Kinecsys,

You saved my day! I was facing the same problem with my Windows XP and after receiving update from Adobe for the version 10 above. Read you suggestion and performed repair. Adobe reader Ver 9.5.1 is working now smoothly.Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2012 Oct 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

next time try to run  the program as administrator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2013 Apr 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I windows 7 and had Adobe 11 downgraded to 10 thinking that might help no. I have changed the program like all have reccomended to no avail has it worked. I have restored my computer to a date when Adobe worked just fine. I  need my reader for school as my textbooks are PDF's. I am in freak out mode and no clue what to do about it. IF all these ideas are not working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to Bing.com and search for Old Software Downloads and there will be several sites that have really old versions of software, which might be good for at least getting your through your schoolwork!  Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Windows 7 and Adobe Reader X1, this error message never came up until yesterday. Please help!!! I have to open PDF files for my business... I have already tried options listed here as well as uninstalling/reinstalling

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MJA741,

I need mine for school it never did it until yesterday too. I am freaking out b/c it is my last week in class and they do not accept late work, plus I am an online student. I have unistalled and reinstalled older versions and still nothing. I hope that Adobe would have a number to call as it would be nice to talk to someone instead of waiting for someone to respond.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They do have numbers to call but they charge money!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea found that out $40 for nothing

let me know if u figure it out I will post if I can figure it out

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please don't ask me since mine is now working but I forgot how I fixed it awhile back!  Sorry!

You might ask the school or friends if they have an old version that they had downloaded the install file to their Download folder or such...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will do, I will post if I figure it out!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone getting this message, please tell us your antivirus.

And check the antivirus logs to see if they moved/quarantined/deleted anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Trend Micro and I know that it has nothing to do with my Anti-Virus. Already tried it with the AV turned off... Besides, it was working for a year before yesterday and no changes were made

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Antiviruses should be updating daily with new definitions, and false positives are a common thing. So I suspect them as being behind this because after all, what else changed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

running Mcafee, same problem, a student also, why is this happeing this close to finals?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not found one resolution yet. I have tried different versions, uninstalled and re-installed, googled, I don't know what else to try

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got tech support to call me for free was on phone for two hours and they

could Not fix it. They had control of my computer and did so much and

could not figure issue out either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2013 Apr 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same problem and have done everything you have.  Mine just quit working 2 days ago.  I've been following several forums and wonder why so many of us are just now having this problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well adobe tech support couldn't even fix it. So yea I am a student and

needbit and no way to fix it apparently. The guy worked for almost two

hours on my computer and nothing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does disabling Protected Mode fix the problem?  For Reader XI, download, unzip and run the attached registry script.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 06, 2013 Apr 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Copy C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Reader X.X\reader\ all files, not the folders from here to C:\. Adobe reader will work fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines