• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Form with Textboxes to add / remove

New Here ,
Jan 04, 2023 Jan 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having an old PDF that was created with Adobe LiveCycle Designer 11.0.
They used simple fillable textboxes, but on the right side of it you see a plus and a minus button.
With the buttons you can add (and remove until only 1 is left again) as many more textboxes below as you wish, and all the content below the boxes is automatically moving down (even on to a new page).

Is this feature possible with Acrobat Pro – and how??? Unfortunately the old PDF from LiveCycle is somewhat superprotected, so i cannot look into the Files details.

Many thanks in advance for any help
A.Bildschirmfoto 2023-01-04 um 16.52.22.pngBildschirmfoto 2023-01-04 um 16.52.16.png

TOPICS
How to , Mac , PDF forms , View PDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 05, 2023 Jan 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Andrea27800483mhol 

Thanks for reaching out.

The Plus-Minus icon you have highlighted above looks like a button. Not sure how this has been set up; probably a script applied in the background.

There's no direct way of adding such a form field in Acrobat Pro. But yes, it might be achievable with an Action button or Script. 

What is the format of this form? Have you tried opening Acrobat pro? Please share it with us to see if form field properties can be checked. 

Thanks,

Akanchha 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2023 Jan 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply. I guess with a script it would be achievable in acrobat pro, but which...?
here is the "original" file i found in our systems. However, seems its been made with LiveCycle Designer, so i downloaded a version of that on my old windows system and see if i can find my way around... 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for sharing the form.

This is an XFA form and a secured one. It isn't allowing us to check its form field properties. And I also agree with the expert's advice that more text boxes cannot be added to the button. 

Sorry to say we don't have expertise in Scriptwriting. Hence it's confirmed by one of the Community experts that it's not achievable. So we will take it as No. 

~Akanchha 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the direct answer is - no. Every box in Acrobat forms has a location, fixed on the page. There is no option to shuffle around, move or reflow, let alone make new pages automatically. Very careful design with hiding and showing fields can provide this to a very limited degree.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines