• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Reader DC: Some PDF files can't be printed

New Here ,
Mar 12, 2021 Mar 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to print the attached PDF from "Acrobat Reader DC" two error dialogs appear:

First: The document could not be printed

Followed by: There were no pages selected to print

I am using the latest version of "Acrobat Reader DC" on Mac:

Architecture: x86_64
Build: 21.1.20145.425325
AGM: 4.30.106
CoolType: 5.14.5
JP2K: 1.2.3.48161

On my system (macOS) the problem is reproducible with all printers.

On windows we managed to reproduce the issue when using the PDFCreator printer.

-> Based on customer feedback the issue appears on many systems but not on all systems.

The PDF can be printed without problems when using an other PDF-Application.

All validators that I found tell me that the PDF is correct.

Can anybode tell me if there is something wrong with the attache PDF or if this is a Bug in the "Acrobat Reader DC" application?

TOPICS
Mac , Print , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As described you are unable to print the PDF and getting the error 'Document could not be printed there were no pages selected to print'

Please try to print the PDF as image and see if that helps. Go to Print > Advanced > print as image.

If it still doesn't work, please try to reset the Acrobat preferences to default as described in the help page: https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-default/td-p/4792...

Also, please check for any missing/pending updates for printer driver and firmware and try updating it and check.

You may also check out the correct answer marked in a similar discussion https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-reader/the-document-could-not-be-printed-there-were-no-pages-... and see if that works for you.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Amal

Thanks for the feedback. Find my answers below:

• Printing the PDF file as an image works. This is the workaround that we are currently recommending to our customers.
  • Resetting the Acrobat preferences had no effekt
  • I verified that the driver and firmware of my HP printer are up to dat (Since I can reproduce the problem on all printers I would assume the problem is not driver related)
  • The answer in the the other thread is related to Windows not to MacOS

Are you able to reproduce the problem? Can you tell me what in the attached PDF might cause "Acrobat Reader DC" to trip?

Regards,

Michael

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I am sorry to hear that. Please chek out the suggestions provided in the discussion https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-reader/mac-the-document-could-not-be-printed-there-were-no-pa... for Mac OS and see if that works for you.

Hope it will help

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Amal

I tried to suggestions/solutions from the other discussion:

• Re-installed "Acrobat Reader DC"
  • Made sure it's the latest version with "Help -> Check for Updates"
  • Created a symlink from Mac to mac

Unfortunatly the problem persists.

Regards,

Michael

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines