• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Reader slow performance when opening the PDF created from AutoCAD

Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As subject, when I opened the PDF which is created from AutoCAD, CPU usage increase to about 40% and the application almost hang up, does anyone know why ?

Regards,

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , General troubleshooting , View PDF , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , May 18, 2022 May 18, 2022

Hi there,

Your issue might be already solved by now, but if not,.. or may be for others... here what i found out.

I had the same issue when creating a PDF from an Autocad drawing. My Acrobat Reader Pro was lagging so much that i couldn't even use Acrobat Reader. Kind of a bummer if you pay for a premium software. The fact is that opening the drawing into my Firefox browser was even way faster than in Acrobat Reader.

I found out it was when i was exporting my drawing to PDF, using the option of expo

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Hope you are doing well and sorry to hear that. As described, Acrobat Reader slow performance when opening the PDF created from AutoCAD

Is this a behavior with a particular PDF file/ crreated from Autocad or with all the PDFs? Please try with a different PDF file (Non AutoCad) and see if thats working fine.

Also please make sure you have the recent version 21.07.20099 installed from the help menu > check for updates and reboot the computer once.

Also go to Edit (Win) , Adobe Acrobat (Mac) > Preferences  > Page Display > under rendering , Uncheck 'Use page Cache' > Click OK and reboot the computer once.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal,

Thanks for your advice,
Let me explain more about the PDF files that are created from AutoCAD with a few layers, does any option which can make it smooth to open?

Regards,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Please share if the issue is with PDFs created from Autocad only or with the other PDF files as well?

Please go to Edit (Win), Adobe Acrobat (Mac) > Preferences > Page display > under Rendering, Select 'smooth line art' , 'smooth images' and 'Enhance thin lines' > Click OK and reboot the computer once.

Also, please share the sample PDF file with us so that we can check it at our end.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal,

Here's the PDF which is can't open smoothly.

Moreover, when I try to use the "Measurement tools -> Distance Tool" on this PDF it will hang up also, please help and investigate. 

Regards,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal,

any good news ?

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Thnaks for sharing the PDF file and sorry to keep you waiting, please give us some more time to get it checked. We will share the update soon.

Thanks for your time and patience.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Thanks for your patience, in order to isolate the issue we would also require the logs of the affected machine.

Please collect the logs as described below:

For MAC - https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html

For Windows - https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/acromonitor.html

and share the logs via document cloud https://helpx.adobe.com/document-cloud/help/sharing-pdfs.html

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal,

Dump file have been shared to the cloud. 

below link for you information, thanks 

https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/track?uri=urn:aaid:scds:US:06c03078-da16-4f1e-991f-6c17d07b958a

Regards,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 22, 2021 Nov 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Thanks for sharing the logs file. Would you mind conforming the version of the OS and the application you are using to isolate the issue and get it fixed.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 24, 2021 Nov 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal,

OS version is Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 and Adobe Acrobat 2017

Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 25, 2021 Nov 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Thanks for sharing all the details. We have passed on the info to our engineering  team for review.

We will share the update once we hear anything from them.

Thanks for your time, patience and cooperation on this.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 25, 2021 Nov 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We would also require the procmon logs from the Windows OS you are using. Please collect the logs as described here https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/acromonitor.html and share them via document cloud as earlier.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2022 May 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Your issue might be already solved by now, but if not,.. or may be for others... here what i found out.

I had the same issue when creating a PDF from an Autocad drawing. My Acrobat Reader Pro was lagging so much that i couldn't even use Acrobat Reader. Kind of a bummer if you pay for a premium software. The fact is that opening the drawing into my Firefox browser was even way faster than in Acrobat Reader.

I found out it was when i was exporting my drawing to PDF, using the option of exporting Layers into the PDF.

Thanks God i came accross a web page (no idea anymore which one), where i found my solution to that issue.

I encourage you or anybody else to try that and see if it helps.

I believe that Visual Basic ++ was commonly installed when using a windows platform. I believe also it's not the case anymore for a few years now.

i am on windows 10 Pro and what i did was to install "Visual Basic ++"  (i used the version 2015-2019)

i restarted my computer, and now my Acrobat Reader could open my large PDF files with layers without crashing.

Hope this can help anyone here having such an issue.

Kind regards.

Arnaud

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines