• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat Reader DC has stopped working

New Here ,
Jan 11, 2017 Jan 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shortly after I launch acrobat reader dc or open a pdf file with acrobat reader dc the program halts and I get a message saying:

"Adobe Acrobat Reader DC has stopped working

A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."

The program never closes and I have to hit close program to exit.

I am running Windows 10 and until recently did not have this problem. I ran troubleshooting program compatibility, but that did not resolve issue.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling - did nothing - same problem.

I downloaded adobe acrobat reader dc cleaner tool and used it to clean both acrobat and reader.

Rebooted and downloaded program from adobe.

Same problem once installed.

I have also associated all pdf files with adobe acrobat reader dc for opening, etc.

Any suggestions or solutions?

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 08, 2017 Aug 08, 2017

Hi philiphas​,

We released an update today that fixes a similar issue. This update will be automatically applied to all Acrobat and Reader users in the coming days. You may also update to the latest release by opening the application and going to Help > Check for Updates.

Could you please try it out and let us know if it addresses the above mentioned issue?

Thanks!

-ashu

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 238 Replies 238
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 08, 2017 Aug 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great, thanks for confirming Phil.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2017 Aug 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This version of adode has been awful.  Simply awful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2017 Aug 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After 2017-08 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1703 for x64-based Systems (KB4034674) (literally moments after) Adobe DC started crashing on any attempt to "Prepare Form" "Edit" etc.   I replaced the plugins to the previous versions and all is now well.  C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat DC\Acrobat\plug-ins.

I don't know how to report this to Adobe, but obviously it's a problem with that windows update.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 22, 2017 Aug 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running windows 2008r2 for a XenApp 6.5 rollup 7 environment After Running updates for acrobat today I had this same issue.  I get this after the first launch "Adobe Reader cannot open Protected Mode due to a problem with your system configuration." I choose Always open with protected mode disabled.  then it opens.  after I close it and try to launch again.  It does not open.  I can see the EXE running in task manager but Reader DC never opens.  This only happens if I run the latest sets of updates.

This is what I Had that worked fine for Adobe DC:

Good:

File version: 17.9.20058.37826

Product version: 17.9.20058.234434

This is what cam in with the updates:

BAD:

File version: 17.12.20095.42964

Product version: 17.12.20058.239572

If I actually check compatibility mode and Set for windows 7 this works again.  I should not have to set the compatibility mode.  What has changed that broke this.  What is the Configuration that worked with the good version that does not work with the new version.  This is the only change.  A.V. is the same.  Policies are the same. Windows Patches are the same.  All other applications are the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 25, 2017 Aug 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a solution for the compatibility issue of Adobe Acrobat DC in windows 10, through a changing compatibility mode in adobe acrobat reader.

If the previous method not resolve the issue, it maybe, related to security issue, and you can resolve it by disable enhanced security in app setting.

You can watch this video to see how to do that:

Resolved 100% (Adobe pdf reader crashing): Adobe Acrobat DC has Stopped Working Windows 8 & 10 - You...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 29, 2017 Oct 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, it is extremely irritating to spend 10 or 15 minutes scanning a document and at the "Save" point receiving the message "Adobe Acrobat DC has stopped working".  My program is up-to-date.  Sorry for venting but this error affects our productivity.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2017 Nov 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi adobe team, i am facing the error which is mention below when i open adobe file i am facing this error.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you please share the crash dump with us for investigation? To obtain the crash dumps, first execute the steps in Adobe Acrobat that makes the application crash and then follow the steps given here:

1. Start Windows Task Manager.
  2. Go to the Windows Task Manager window.
  3. Click to select the Processes tab.
  4. Select the app "Adobe Acrobat DC"  from the available apps.
  5. Right-click to open the context menu, then click to select Create Dump File.

Thanks,

Ankit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i take acrobat.dmp file how can i upload? kindly suggest ir.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please zip the file and use any Adobe Send and Track tool to share the file with us. You would have to create a link after attaching the file and then share the link with me at apangasa@adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2017 Dec 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's the same problem;

Is anyone there from ADOBE or do we users have to help each other?

That's a bit mean, isn't it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2017 Nov 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I update Acrobat Reader if I can't open it?????? It won't open ???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2017 Dec 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there anyone at ADOBE to talk to?...Or just to collect the payments?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 19, 2018 Feb 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had Adobe Acrobat Reader DC 18.011.20036 already installed and working fine on a Windows 7 SP1 (64-bit), until I created a new User account -- then I got the dreaded "Adobe Acrobat Reader DC has stopped working" error, immediately upon launching Acrobat. Tried uninstalling, running CCleaner, reinstalling a fresh download; no help. Initially I would briefly see the "splash screen" and then the error box that it "stopped working." Later, no splash screen, just the immediate error.

I finally found a reference to the "Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool" from Adobe Labs:

https://labs.adobe.com/downloads/acrobatcleaner.html

I ran this tool to remove Acrobat; restarted; and reinstalled again. This time it worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines