• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat Reader DC has stopped working

New Here ,
Jan 11, 2017 Jan 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shortly after I launch acrobat reader dc or open a pdf file with acrobat reader dc the program halts and I get a message saying:

"Adobe Acrobat Reader DC has stopped working

A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."

The program never closes and I have to hit close program to exit.

I am running Windows 10 and until recently did not have this problem. I ran troubleshooting program compatibility, but that did not resolve issue.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling - did nothing - same problem.

I downloaded adobe acrobat reader dc cleaner tool and used it to clean both acrobat and reader.

Rebooted and downloaded program from adobe.

Same problem once installed.

I have also associated all pdf files with adobe acrobat reader dc for opening, etc.

Any suggestions or solutions?

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 08, 2017 Aug 08, 2017

Hi philiphas​,

We released an update today that fixes a similar issue. This update will be automatically applied to all Acrobat and Reader users in the coming days. You may also update to the latest release by opening the application and going to Help > Check for Updates.

Could you please try it out and let us know if it addresses the above mentioned issue?

Thanks!

-ashu

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 238 Replies 238
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2017 Feb 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It appears that the latest PDF file was one that was attached to an email. Apparently for some unknown reason, it had been corrupted and couldn't be opened. Thanks for your assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Feb 25, 2017 Feb 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes it may be missing update on windows

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2017 Apr 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems a lot of us are having the same trouble!!!   What's wrong with Adobe and why don/t they want us????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2017 Jul 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still have the same issue & it is driving me bonkers!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2017 Apr 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here on Version 17.009.20044, only way to open PDF's is to turn off "Protect mode on startup" under Security enhanced or in this case not  so enhanced!  We rely on this feature for security on email attachments etc. when will this be fixed Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 19, 2017 Apr 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi bluecards688248,

Please let me know the following to debug the issue at your end :

1. Is the issue started happening with the latest Reader update or was occurring earlier also?
  2. Does the issue appear on opening PDF files as email attachments or from any other location also?
  3. OS version details and mail client details.
  4. Is there any antivirus/anti-malware software installed on your machine?

Thanks,

Shakti K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Shakti,

1. This 1st stopped working after applying update 15.023.20070 and continues on the current release.

2. Both as email attachments and in other locations

3. Same issue on Windows 7 SP1 and Widows 10 1611

4. We use System Center Endpoint Protection antivirus

Thanks

Leigh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also Mail client is Outlook 2013 fully patched to current level

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 04, 2017 May 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi bluecard688248,

Thanks for the details.

I am unable to reproduce the issue at my end.

Can you please try out the following:

1. Stop your antivirus for sometime and try opening PDF with Protected Mode ON setting.  Let me know the result of this.
  2. Send a snapshot of exact error message. If there is a crash please send the crash dumps.
  3. Provide me process monitor logs:

Steps to take process monitor logs:

• Install process monitor from Process Monitor
  • Launch Process monitor.
  • Launch Reader and get to the workflow which is not working.
  • Save process monitor logs as .pml and send it to me.

I have also sent you a private message few days back.

Mail me the details at skeshri@adobe.com

Thanks,

Shakti K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2017 May 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you get a fix for this? We now have the same issue after installing 17.009.20044

Reader DC crashes any time we try to open a PDF. This does not happen with 15.023.20053, but occurs immediately after updating on Win 7 x64 (we don't run other versions so can't test with them).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 04, 2017 May 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Can you please provide the crash dump to email ID : skeshri@adobe.com for debugging the issue at your end.

Thanks,

Shakti K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2017 May 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(just wanted to be sure someone at Adobe saw this)

It appears to only happen when the URL to the PDF contains parameters.  For example:

myreport.pdf#search=12345  <-- this causes a crash with Protected Mode enabled

myreport.pdf   <-- this does not cause a crash with Protected mode enabled.

This behavior was observed on Acrobat Reader DC 17.0099.20044.25828

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 22, 2017 May 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am looking for the dump of an application when it reaches an unfortunate (crash) state. To obtain the crash dump of application, please follow the steps given below:

1. Open the “Windows Task Manager”
  2. Select the “Processes” tab.
  3. Right click on "Adobe Acrobat Reader DC"
  4. Select “Create Dump File”

Once the dump is generated, you will see the location of the file. Please share that file with me at skeshri@adobe.com

Thanks,

Shakti K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 23, 2017 May 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shakti,

I've sent an email to the address provided with 2 dump files and information from AdbReaderBroker.log

Jerome

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 23, 2017 May 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks,

I have received those.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2017 Jun 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any progress?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2017 Jul 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its been almost 2 months with no word.  Any progress? 

We are going to direct our customers away from Acrobat Reader if this cannot be resolved in the next few weeks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2017 May 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It appears to only happen when the URL to the PDF contains parameters.  For example:

myreport.pdf#search=12345  <-- this causes a crash with Protected Mode enabled

myreport.pdf   <-- this does not cause a crash with Protected mode enabled.

This behavior was observed on Acrobat Reader DC 17.0099.20044.25828

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2017 Jun 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the new Acrobat DC and all my pdf's won't open in the program. The only way to look at them is in full screen mode, but you can't edit them in that mode. Any solution to this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 13, 2017 Jun 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the problem, as well, and this is how I finally fixed it (after 2 days w MS support, new HP drivers, etc all to no avail)

open cmd.exe as administrator

cd to \Windows\System32\spool

type cacls.exe PRITNERS /E /G administrator:C

Reboot your machine.

This cleared up all of my printer issues, with all programs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2017 Jul 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I ran into this same problem yesterday on my Windows 7 system. I fixed it this morning the following way.

I downloaded CCleaner (free version) and ran it initially to (1) clear all my clutter, and (2) to fix all my registry clutter.

Ran it a few times until all clutter and registry errors were cleaned.

I then (3) used its Tools utility to uninstall Acrobat DC reader.

It will seem to fail the 1st time as it encounters some missing files from Acrobat directories.

When it fails, choose the Cancel option, It will still continue to do the uninstall.

Reboot your laptop.

Go back into CCleaner, and (1) clear all clutter (2) fix registry clutter, and (3) uninstall Acrobat DC reader again.

This time it will do a clean uninstall.

Download Acrobat DC reader, and install it from scratch again.

After this all works perfectly.

Good luck.

Regards, Michael

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2017 Aug 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adobe,

Below is an HTML page which demonstrates the issue. If you have the #search on the end of the data attribute, the error occurs. If you remove it, it doesn't.

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
<head>
      <title>Adobe issue</title>
</head>
<body>
    <div id="pdf">
         <object data="http://www.adobe.com/content/dam/Adobe/en/products/acrobat/pdfs/adobe-acrobat-xi-scan-paper-to-pdf-and-apply-ocr-tutorial-ue.pdf#search="1"" type="application/pdf" width="750" height="975"></object>
    </div>
</body>
</html>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 08, 2017 Aug 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi philiphas​,

We released an update today that fixes a similar issue. This update will be automatically applied to all Acrobat and Reader users in the coming days. You may also update to the latest release by opening the application and going to Help > Check for Updates.

Could you please try it out and let us know if it addresses the above mentioned issue?

Thanks!

-ashu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ashu,

Sorry, but I already resolved the issue thanks to a chat with an Adobe support representative. They walked me through a step by step process and fixed the issue.

Thank you

AZ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ashu,

Thanks for your response. I have tested it with that sample HTML and it is not crashing now. Great!

For the benefit of others, using double quotes like I show above for the search suffix does not work. However escaping the double quotes using %22 seems to work OK in my limited testing.  eg. data="urlpathtofile.pdf#search=%22term1 term2%22"

Thanks again

Phil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines