• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe freezes after saving (Digital Signature)

New Here ,
May 04, 2023 May 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone!

I need to sign an important document with Adobe Acrobat but it always fails to do so.

Background:

I am using a SmartCard and REINER SCT SmartCard Reader. The Smartcard is initialised and can be detected. This specific SmartCard needs middleware to function. In this case, I am using Nexus Personal. All drivers are up to date. My Adobe Version is 2023.001.20143 64-Bit.

Issue:

When I click on "Certificate" and draw the rectangle on my document, it then shows me my SmartCard and everything is well. After confirming to take the respective SmartCard, Adobe wants me to save the file. After doing so, the rectangle fills with the info of my smartcard and I expect to see the password window but nothing happens, except that Adobe freezes and I have to force it to stop via taskmanager. 

I came across some advise on this page and I tried to reinstall Adobe, I tried to uncheck the setting that the signature window is the modern version, I checked all drivers, I tried to sign a different document, restarted the notebook, repaired the current Adobe version, etc but to no avail. 

I am out of ideas. Maybe someone of you has another suggestion?

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , General troubleshooting , Security digital signatures and esignatures , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 30, 2023 May 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Alexander29724949uukc,

Sorry about the delay in response.

As the application hangs, please try the troubleshooting steps suggested in the following help document: https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/troubleshoot-system-errors-freezes-windows.html.

If the above suggestion does not work, try reinstalling the application using the following steps:
-Remove the application and run the cleaner tool (https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/cleaner.html).
-Reboot the machine
-Install Adobe Acrobat Reader from the following page: https://get.adobe.com/reader/enterprise/.

If the issue still occurs, create a new user account on your machine and install the application. Then try to same steps and check if you experience the same behavior.

Also, try once signing the PDF with Digital ID created in the application, not with the Smart card. Check if that works.

If the issue still occurs, share the application and OS version number.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines