• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Not responding:

New Here ,
Mar 13, 2017 Mar 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get this message and am unable to go any further.  Program locks up and I have close everything and re-boot the entire system.  I have un-installed and re-installed and applies all the fixes on the website and still this @!**# thing does not work.  What is going on?????

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 14, 2017 Mar 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi roberts58237665,

Please try the troubleshooting steps provided in this help link: Troubleshoot Windows system errors, freezes | Adobe software

If the issue still persists, please confirm the dot version of Adobe application and OS you are using.

Also, share the screenshot of the error message or window you get.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2017 Mar 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem continues.  I now use as administrator and it works but have to connect to Adobe each time.  NOT GOOD.  I am usint adobe reader 2015.023.20070  also Acrobat standard 10.1.16 on my Windows 7 professional with Service pack 1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 15, 2017 Mar 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi roberts58237665,

Please try to repair installation from the control panel on Windows.

Open control panel and select the application from the list provided.

Then right-click on the selected application and select "Change". Then click on repair option.

If that does not help, try resetting preferences. Refer the steps provided in this thread: How to reset Preference settings in Acrobat.

Let us know if the issue still persists.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2017 Mar 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem continues .....  Frustration level very high. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 19, 2017 Mar 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi roberts58237665,

Try cleaner tool Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs to uninstall Adobe Acrobat Reader DC and then restart your system.

Then re-install application from here: Adobe - Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Distribution

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NO LUCK!  Still does not work.  It works for a few minutes but if I look at more then pdf document it "Adobe Not Responding"  and stops working.  Then I have to reboot my system to get it to work for another document.  NOT GOOD!   Anything else I can try before I get rid of Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand that by "Adobe" you are referring to either the free Reader and/or to Acrobat. First thing that I can think of is that Adobe did not recommend installing different versions or Reader and Acrobat in a Win machine. That said, if I were you, I would try using this tool to first remove all traces of Reader and Acrobat  from your computer:

http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/acrobatcleaner.html

and then installing the program you want (you don't need both).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2017 Mar 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well Claudio, I did what you suggested and removed Reader and Acrobat and installed Reader (only)...IT STILL IS NOT WORKING.  It runs for a short time than "Adode is not responding"!!!!!  If I re-boot the system Adobe will run for a minute or two then stop. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 19, 2017 Apr 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi roberts58237665,

Sorry for the delay in response.

Could you please try updating the application to the latest patch released.

Open the application and navigate to Help menu > Check for updates.

Let us know if you still experience the issue after updating the application.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines