• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Reader not able to copy paste after new update 2023.003.20244

New Here ,
Aug 04, 2023 Aug 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like refered to on the subject, I can´t copy and paste from the pdf to another app anymore.

The pdf is not locked, Copy content is allowed, it is not scaned text...

Tried with pdfs used in the past which previously worked, but now doesn't.

Is this a bug that is going to get fixed.... or is it to have us buy the paid version ?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 04, 2023 Aug 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Up314943823jvf 

Thanks for reporting this to us. 

Since it's a newer version, we assume you are already on the New UI. Since your document is not scanned and it worked with the same file before, we would like you to try a couple of steps given below-

1- Open Acrobat>Preferences (Ctrl+K)>Security (Enhanced)>disable "Protected Mode at Start-up," "Protected View," and "Enhanced Security">OK>close and reopen Acrobat. [Windows only]

Note: these changes are only for testing purposes. Once tested, please change it back to the previous setting. 

2-  Please share any files with us that are causing trouble here. We want to test the same at our end. 

Thanks,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2023 Aug 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for your reply and apologies for my late reply.

Making the indicated changes in the settings, at first, made no difference...

But after reseting them... it now lets me copy.

Note that it is not working like before.

Now when I copy text to an email, it creates the border like if I were copying the excel cell.

It might be because the pdfs I work with are created from excel files....

But still... this did not happen before.

Anyway... at least now I can copy and paste.

Hope this gets resolved on a new update.

Thanks for the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2023 Sep 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had the same problem in that i have highlighted the imaage clicked on copy and when i have pasted into another document a blank box is produced.

I tried what you staed above no difference

Regards

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 22, 2023 Sep 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

there is a potential cause that prevents copy pasting from Acrobat to other apps: Kaspersky Internet or total security's clipboard data protection feature.
If Kaspersky's "safe money" module is active (for example in a browser tab opened for online purchases), Kaspersky's clipboard data protection function is activated and prevents copying and pasting of data between some apps and others.

Regards

Stev.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2023 Sep 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have Kaspersky i am using microsoft only

Regards

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 23, 2023 Sep 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI,
what I wrote refers only to my experience and the initial topic. Like the user Up314943823jvf, I was no longer able to copy and paste text from Acrobat to other apps. In my case the cause was "safe money".
So I solved it.
Regards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2024 Aug 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This fix does absolutely nothing for me. Cut and paste to a text editor still does not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2023 Oct 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue, also cant change the text box colour anymore.......great update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2024 Aug 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just upgraded my Adobe and tried the steps listed above and it's still not working 😞 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 08, 2024 Sep 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

everytime i copy and paste text, Once i paste it give me randome text like 4B􀀓HE􀀃RIN􀀃􀀘IK􀀃􀀓􀀎􀀎CHA􀀃􀀘NH􀀎L􀀃MI􀀃RINK􀀃􀀓􀀑􀀑INHM􀀔

Really anoying

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 10, 2024 Sep 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @tobyw82378107,

Hope you are doing well. Sorry for your experience with Acrobat!

Do you see this with every PDF file that you work with? This looks strange and shouldn't be happening.

Are you on the latest version of Acrobat (ver. 2024.003.20054)? Please check by going to Menu-> Help-> Check for Updates.

If you experience the issue with the latest version, please share a screen recording of the event along with a sample PDF file where you expeirence the issue over a private message for better understanding and assistance.

[To send a private message, click on my profile name followed by the blue "Send Message" button on the next page]

Look forward to hearing from you.

-Souvik

Community & Social Consultant | Document Cloud | Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 10, 2024 Sep 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Everyone, 

We are live with the next release(2024.003.20112).

Please update the app to the latest version and let us know if the issue is fixed.

Thanks,

Souvik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2024 Sep 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hellow Souvik, it sucks. you have made this into an app for secretaries and no one else. fill form, sign here, send. thats all that can be done without hassle. congrats!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 19, 2024 Sep 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @ira_4003,

Sorry to hear about your experience!

Would you mind briefing us more on what went south for a better understanding and assistance?

-Souvik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2024 Sep 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i wont. you havent acted on feedback from others to fix things. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 29, 2024 Sep 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ira_4003 From the initial description, I cannot figure out any issues with the application. The second response does not help either. 

Please feel free to write back with the issue, and we can assist you further.

-Souvik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2024 Oct 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Suvik,

Thanks for your helpful attitude..I've updated to the latest version (2024.003.20112) a few minutes ago. But the issue persists...Can't copy numeric figures from one PDF doc to another (it was happening last year).. I have also tried the following steps (suggested by your colleague A Kanchha above):

-------------

1- Open Acrobat>Preferences (Ctrl+K)>Security (Enhanced)>disable "Protected Mode at Start-up," "Protected View," and "Enhanced Security">OK>close and reopen Acrobat. [Windows only]

-------------

But no luck!

Please let me know waht more inputs you need from me..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 10, 2024 Oct 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Hari_Bol,

Please update the app to the latest version (2024.003.20180) by going to Menu-> Help-> Check for updates.

Also, please see if the Window in Preferences-> Languages looks like this.

SS_0-1728558156679.png

Now, give this another try and let me know if it works.

-Souvik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Souvik,

Thanks for quick revert.

My current version is (2024.003.20180)  and the Window in Preferences-> Languages looks exactly like you have shown.

But the issue remains... I am trying to copy numeric figures like 140,000.00 from a form filled last year to a new PDF form of this year....It doesn't copy!

Hare Krishna!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks @Hari_Bol

Would you mind sharing a screenshot of the properties page of the file?

Please open the document-> go to Menu-> Document Properties -> Security, and share the window screenshot with me.

Thanks,

Souvik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Souvik,

Thanks for your continued interest to resolve.

Am attaching desired screenshots of both the source & destination docs (from where I am copying and to where I am copying).

Hope it helps.

Hare Krishna!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 15, 2024 Oct 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks @Hari_Bol,

I tried using the same form, and it worked for me.

Any chance where you can share a screen recording of the situation?

Would help me get a better understanding and assist you further.

-Souvik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 11, 2024 Oct 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[MOVED TO THE ACROBAT READER DISCUSSIONS]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines