• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Reader opens then closes immediately

New Here ,
Feb 21, 2013 Feb 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Suddenly I can't open any pdf files on my Windows 7 computer.  I've tried several versions of Reader but none work.  The same thing happens whether I just try to open a pdf file or try to open Reader itself.  Is there some setting on my computer that's causing this.  I've unistalled and reinstalled different versions, always rebooting my computer, but no luck.  Can't figure out what's changed.

Please help!!

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2013 Mar 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens when you try to open the pdf files? Any error dialogs?

Try removing reader with adobe reader cleaner tool from http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/acrobatcleaner.html and then installing latest reader 11.0.02 from http://get.adobe.com/reader/.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2013 Mar 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not get any errors.  It opens the program briefly for maybe 2-3 seconds and then just shuts down like it never opened.  It does this whether I open Adobe Reader itself or try to open a pdf from my computer or a website.  I tried the cleaner link and then reinstalled again and it does the same thing.  Absolutely no change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2013 Jun 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My girl friends laptop has the same issue as PretelTrucker. Strangly my laptop which is an identical model does not have the same issue. Both run Win 7 and have Adobe Reader X installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 25, 2013 Jun 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know why PretzelTucker never got a reply on this...

Three things to try...

1. Using Windows Explorer navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Reader 11.0\Reader, then double-click on Eula.exe and accept the license agreement
  2. Can you open Adobe Reader by itself?  If so, try disabling Protected Mode [Edit | Preferences | Security (Enhanced)].
  3. It could even be a malware issue; see http://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/reader-core-dll-error.html

Of course for Reader X your path for 1 above would be C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Reader 10.0\Reader

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2013 Jun 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Option 1 Sorted out the issue thanks.

Why hasn't Adobe fixed this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 27, 2013 Jun 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried option 1, but cannot accept the license agreement, the accept button is disabled, how to solve the issue? thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2018 May 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mine doesn't even have the option of reader.  Any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2019 Oct 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Option 2 worked for me. Thanks a lot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2021 Apr 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had similar issue. Now it's sorted. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2021 May 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank You. Option 1 worked for me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 14, 2022 Oct 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Option 2 worked for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2022 Oct 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing works here. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2022 Nov 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue, but I didnt find the updated licence agreement under the actual C:program files folder. What I did instead I opened Adobe itself the actual software not a file and the first time it closed out on me, then I opened it for a second time thats when a pop up came up  "Updated licence agreement" I accepted it and the issue is now fixed. Good Luck 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2022 Nov 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for that! The thing is that the "Updated licence agreement" pop-up window is blank and disappears in a few seconds, afterwhich Adobe closes. So you have to click on this blank window till all the text appears and you see a blue button to agre to the updated licence. This fixed it for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2023 Oct 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

AVANT DE FAIRE CLICK GAUCHE SUR LE FICHIER D'INSTALLATION : click droit-Properties-General-UNBLOCK (en bas a droit)-Apply

Programme va commencer de s'installer et prendra quelque minutes, puis click sur Terminer.

Ouvrir Adobe Acrobat via la liste de programmes, attendre 1-2 minutes et il va s'ouvrir et rester sur l'écran!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines