• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Reader update failed error 111500

New Here ,
May 28, 2024 May 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Adobe Reader version 2024.002.20759 fails when manually running "Check for updates". The error message says "Update failed. Error 111500". Can someone tell me what this error code means please. Running under Windows 10  19045.4412. Reinstalling does not help
TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 10, 2024 Jun 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Hope you are doing well.

Please try to download the patch manually from the link https://adobe.ly/4b5cMFa and see if that helps.

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2024 Jun 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amal,

Thank you for your help.

I am unclear what I am supposed to download, from the link.

I have tried downloading both AcrobatDCUpd2400220854.msp and AcrobatDCx64Upd2400220854.msp.

But as these are not executables, they will not run on my system. See below:-

Waltercd_0-1718467485796.png

This is despite the fact the faulty 20759 version IS installed and fails with the 111500 error code.

Please can you provide step by step instructions on how I install the update, bearing in mind the existing "Check for Update" function does not work.

Or if you could provide an installer executable for this version, that would help.

When I try to download from the Adove web site, it still provides the older version 20759, which has the fault.

I am getting frustated, that I do not seem to be able to obtain a resolution to this basic problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jun 16, 2024 Jun 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This error means that Updater was unabe to initialize directory for downloads.

You have to download and install correct update (patch file) from the link provided by Amal.

Since you have Reader, your update name shoud start with AcroRdr..., not Acrobat..

Depending on which Reader you have (32bit or 64bit) and single langauge or MUI, please find appropriate patch file and try again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2024 Jun 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried the MUI downloads:-

AcroRdrDCUpd2400220854_MUI.msp
AcroRdrDCx64Upd2400220854_MUI.msp

But they fail, in the same way as my first downloads from Amal's link:-

Waltercd_0-1718616306733.png

The following is the list of downloads available from Amal's lnk:-

Waltercd_1-1718616391301.png

None of these are installable under Windows 10 build 22H2 Version 19045.4412.

I do not understand how I am supposed to install these "patches".

Please provide step by step instructions for the pathces, or a normal Windows .EXE download link.

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2024 Jun 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have today, downloaded the latest Adobe Reader Installer from the Adobe web site. This installs version 2024.002.20857 (64bit). Previously it would install version 2024.002.20759 (64bit). But this latest version STILL fails with error 111500 when running "Check for Updates".

So I, again, ask for the details of what the error 111500 actually means. "Failing to initialise a folder" is not sufficient, is far too ambigous. The install is being run with Administrator authority, so that condition should never apply. What foler of directory path is the program afailing to initualise, please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 21, 2024 Jun 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We are sorry to hear that. Have you tried to install the patch manually as described earlier in the discussion? Please give it a try and see if that works.

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2024 Jun 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amal,

Please see my earlier comments. I have no idea which patch file to download and install, or HOW to install it.

Windows installer does not accept a double click of any file with a suffic of .msp. The error message is included in my previous replies.

As I have requested before. I need step by step instructions on how to apply a path, whichever one you decide is appropraite.

I aslo want to know the directory path for the 111500 error. There is presumably an authority problem with that path, because the 111500 does NOT occur when Administrator authority is used to "Check for Updates". Instead of the error message "Check for Updates" hangs instead.

Please help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 24, 2024 Jun 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Would you mind collecting the Adobe CC logs https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html , Procmon logs (Win Only) https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/acromonitor.html and share them via any cloud storage. Just upload the log file to the cloud and generate the link and share that link with us for further investigation.

Regards
Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2024 Jun 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amal,

I have downloaded the two links, and uploaded the logs and diagnostic files produced.

The error message now reads just "Update failed", as I have downloaded and reinstalled the app many times, to try to resolve this problem.

The version currently running is 2024.002.20857 (32 bit).

I have a 64bit version of this release running on another system, which does NOT exhibit the update problem.

But when I try to install the 64bit version on the system with the Update error, the install complains that a later version is already installed, despite me uninstalling the 32bit version before hand.

It is all very inconsistent and time consuming...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 16, 2024 Jun 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[MOVED TO THE ACROBAT READER DISCUSSIONS]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 26, 2024 Jun 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This indicates that the Updater couldn't initialize the download directory. While reinstalling might not solve it, here's a fix: download the appropriate update patch for your Reader version and install it manually. You can find these patches on the Adobe website.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2024 Jun 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter,

Please read the many comments I have made on this thread about the "update patch".

To repeat there is no "update patch" I can install on the PC. Windows 10 does not recognise the .msp suffix file for Adobe Reader. It's error message states that Adobe Reader is not installed, when it clearly is.

Waltercd_0-1719499009541.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Please go through the similar discussion i have found on MS community (https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-message-the-upgrade-patch-cannot-be/ed69... and see if that helps.

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Walter,

We still do not know which Reader you have on the system - 32bit or 64bit, MUI or single language, DC or Classic.

Each of these valiation have it's own patch (.msp)

Please download and run AcroSize.exe tool from AcroSize - Google Drive

In the upper left corner select "Start Reader report" button. Wait a few seconds and provide an image of what the tool found, and AcroSize.log from the User Temp folder.

Regarding error 111500

You will need to provide Updater verbose log file.

Please set iLogLevel DWORD registry value to 1 in the registry path below-

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Adobe\Adobe ARM\1.0\ARM

Delete tLastT_Reader registry value from the registry path below

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Adobe\Adobe ARM\1.0\ARM

Start Reader and select Check for updates from the Help menu within 10-15 seconds.

Wait a few minutes, provide AdobeARM.log fle from the user Temp folder. (please send it to me in the private message, it is usually pretty large to post here).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
5 hours ago 5 hours ago

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Waltercd ,

We have tried with Reader 2024.002.20857 (64bit) and the issue is not reproducible at our end. Could you please  share the MSI log from local temp folder.

Enable the MSI logging by this registry.

Path:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Installer
• Type: Reg_SZ
• Value: Logging
• Data: voicewarmupx

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines