• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Update to version 20.001.20135 can not add comment

New Here ,
Feb 12, 2021 Feb 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After Update to version 20.001.20135 can not add comment, when add commect with thai language it's error and close. This PC install Extended Asian Language font pack too.

1613116927509.jpg

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , Download and install

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Hi All,

The issue has been resolved now.

Could you please install the latest font pack from the following link:

https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/windows-font-packs-32-bit-reader.html 

Kindly let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Arvind

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kazuma,

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As described you are unable to add comment to the PDF in Thai language and getting the above error message as shown in the screenshot.

Please try to reboot the computer once and see if that helps.

If it still doesn't work please try to repair the installation (Windows Only) and reboot the computer again and check. Go to Help > Repair Installation.

You may also look at the similar discussion https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-reader/adobe-acrobat-reader-dc-search-find-functionality-crtr... and see if that helps.

Let us know if you still experience any trouble and need more help.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I try to test english Language it's can add comment.

Reboot and Repair installation doesn't work same error.

Now I uninstall and install old version and disable task auto update for temporary use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Funnily my Thai users reported this issue to me. But the problem happens with any non-English language.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same issue and its affecting hundreds of my users. Probably needs an updated Extended Asian Language Font Pack.

P.S. The version number is actually 21.001.20135.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you please confirm if you are using the latest release font pack: https://supportdownloads.adobe.com/detail.jsp?ftpID=6839. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, we're already using 19.021.20058. Normally we keep Reader and the Font Pack automatically updated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Apologies for the inconvenience caused!

Could you please let us know the following info so that we can try with the similar setup at our end:

- OS version and language of the OS

-  Does the issue happen with all non-English language or specific to some ?

Regards,

Arvind

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 13, 2021 Feb 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, for me, the error happens on Windows 10. 10.0.10942.746 and also latest 804. The display language is English (US). When using either text comment or text box, as soon as any Thai text is typed in (or even pasted from clipboard), the Bad Image error pops up with identical exception error message as Mr. Kazuma's original post and Reader crashes and exits. The Thai keyboard we use is Thai Kedmanee but as mentioned above the problem affects even pasted text.

I tried pasting other languages but the error only seems to happen with Thai.

I also tested on Windows 7 and I get a different error text and Reader crashes but unlike Windows 10, Reader must be force closed with Task Manager.

2021-02-13_15-02-09.png

Hope this can be resolved ASAP. I'm deciding if I need to roll back or wait for an update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 13, 2021 Feb 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We are actively working on it. Will update once the fix is available.

Regards,

Arvind

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

The issue has been resolved now.

Could you please install the latest font pack from the following link:

https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/windows-font-packs-32-bit-reader.html 

Kindly let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Arvind

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the update. Tested working. Will the previous Font Pack automatically update or will I have to deploy it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 16, 2021 Feb 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi There,
Thanks for the confirmation that the issue gets resolved at your end. Please note that the new Font Pack will not be updated automatically, you need to deploy it.

Regards,
Arvind

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines