• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Blank pages in the front when printing double-sided

New Here ,
Dec 18, 2019 Dec 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using MacBook Pro (updated) and Adobe Acrobat Reader DC and standard inkjet printer at home.

I've noticed that my printer keeps printing the first page double-sided with a blank page because it prints the first page firstly. Normally, page 1 and page 2 will be printed double-sided together, but my page 2 goes with page 3, and page 4 with page 5, and so on, leaving page 1 alone. 

I have left the "reverse pages" unselected. It happens only when I use Adobe Acrobat Reader DC built-in print feature. How can I solve it?

TOPICS
Mac , Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2020 Jul 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine is doing the same thing. Did you ever figure out what was causing it or how to fix it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2020 Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having the same problems printing double-sided from my MacBook pro for the past 5 years. For some reason, documents with an odd number of pages will always print a blank page, and then all the pages. Documents with an even number of pages don't suffer the same problem.

Temporary workaround: Add a blank page to the end so the document has an even number of pages.

Acrobat Pro

Open the document with an odd-number of pages.

Expand the navigation to show page thumbnail view.

Insert a blank page after the last page.

Without Acrobat Pro

Create a single blank PDF page using a different app (Word, Pages, etc.)

Open Preview, then the document with an odd number of pages.

Drag the blank PDF page into Preview after the last page.

IDEALLY, THIS SHOULD BE FIXED BETWEEN ADOBE AND APPLE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 20, 2021 Jan 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

Thanks for reporting the issue. We verified in-house the issue is not reproducible; with even older builds. Seems like a file specific issue at user's end. Please can you share any sample file for which the issue was observed at your end.

And can we check the status of the issue with latest Acorbat build.

We'll need a few more details regarding the issue :

• MacBook version | Also MAC OS version
  • Acrobat version | Classic, or DC
  • Subscription Type | Pro, Trial, Standard, Expired
  • Printer Details | Manufacturer Name, Model, Type
  • Share any sample file on which the issue was reproduced 

We'll try to help with the case as soon as possible.

Regards,
Swapnil Srivastava

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2021 Jan 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I last spoke to Apple about this years ago, Apple blamed the print driver. I don't understand why Windows/PC never had this problem, but every odd-page print from my Mac for over 10 years keeps having this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2021 Feb 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Swapnil, this is not an issue caused by a specific file. This is a problem that all my pdf files have with only the Adobe Reader program. No issues with Word (with the same pdf) or Preview (with the same pdf). It also is not a problem with the printer driver/software (again, it prints fine with Word/Preview and everything is updated anywat on my Mac) nor with the version of Adobe Reader (also updated all the time). Resetting the printer settings in Mac preferences also did not help, re-installing Adobe Reader neither. It's in the Adobe Reader software, must be the conclusion, also when I read how many more users have the same issue (not only in this thread).

-Bas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2021 Jul 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get this problem on my iMac. I now add a page to all documents with odd pages. It's frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" />
That's how I fix it as well is to add a page to odd page documents 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But it doesn't always work. Adobe needs to fix this bug for macs

Get Outlook for Android

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2021 Oct 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been reading the messages on the failure to double-side print page 1 for an odd number of pages in Adobe Reader. This continues to be a problem. I experienced it with my old MacBook Pro (2015) and now with my new Pro (2020) with the Apple M1 chip. I also had a problelm with being unable to print - the error message said 'No pages selected'. That problem was solved with the latest release of Adome Acrobat Reader DC. However, back to the blank page issue, the information you requested is below.

MacBook Pro 2020 running MacOS 11.4

Acrobat Reader DC version 2021.007.20096, apparently the standard release

Both printers experience the issue: Inkjet HP OfficeJet Pro 9015 and laser Brother HL-L2320D

Sample pdf file attached. Any help would be appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2022 Jan 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@swapnilsrivastava  Please see my comment below on replicating the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2022 Mar 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adding a page worked for me. Thank you for sharing this information. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2021 Dec 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue and it's good to know that others have been experiencing the same.  I have tried it with the 'reverse pages' selected and unselected.  I have changed each setting one by one and tried it and nothing seems to work.  I have tried making changes in the file, in Adobe, for the printer and still no resolution.  Very frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here with a Mac Mini M1 and Macbook Air M1. It did it on my 2017 Macbook Pro as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should add... I am printing multiple pages on a page. 2, 4... it doesn't matter. After setting like 2 pages per page, I have to check to see if it will be printing an odd number of pages as a result. If so, I need to go back, add a blank page or two, and then go back to the print dialogue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2022 Jan 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have had this problem ever since I moved from Windows to macOS. It is clearly a bug with Adobe Reader on macOS as it has been reported by a multitude of users with different PDF files, but all on macOS. I can confirm that the workaround to ensure an even number of pages is sent to the printer prevents the random blank pages. Not sure how Adobe can justify not fixing the issue at this point - macOS is the second-most widely used desktop OS, and Adobe Reader one if its most popular apps! Unacceptable and I will not be recommending Adobe products to macOS users until this is fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 07, 2022 May 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see this issue on this thread is from 2019 and yet it still hasn't been resolved.  I do ALOT of printing and this is very frustrating especially when the documents are used for presentations.  I know some are able to use this app for free, however, I am paying for Creative Suites from Adobe and this is one which I pay for monthly.  So, when those pop-up surveys appear and ask me if I would recommend Adobe scale...guess what?  Instead of the "8" I usually give, it will now drop to "5". 

Also, since this problem is at least three years old, please do not respond with:

• This is a Mac/Apple issue (since I am absolutely sure you have a liaison between you (Adobe) and Apple who focus on issues like this...if you don't, shame on you.)
  • This is a printer issue. How can it be if it happens with other printers, big and small?
  • Check or uncheck something, when this has been done by many others, including myself and it does not fix the problem.
  • Uninstall/Reinstall the app, especially when Adobe has not addressed this issue.
  • Print Odd/Even (this is just dumb for this particular issue)

As it is evident, I am very frustrated.  I hope to all that is holy and good Adobe will address this issue with one of the most widely used applications in the universe!  (Yes, the universe...maybe even extraterrestrials even use the app, too)

I am attaching a document that is printing with a blank page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 30, 2022 Jun 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem. When I print a PDF in Acrobat Pro DC Latest Version – the back of page 1 is blank, but the continuation prints back to back. I have a 17 page document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2022 Aug 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This happens in InDesign as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 10, 2022 Aug 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2022 Oct 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. Document with odd number of pages prints fine from Preview when selecting two-sided printing: page 1 and 2 on opposite sides of the same piece of paper, page 3 on the second.

Printing from Acrobat Reader: page 1 is on the first piece of paper, pages 2 and 3 on the second.

Obviously same printer driver, same Mac, same document. The problem MUST be Acrobat Reader.

MacOS Monterey 12.5.1.

Adobe Acrobat Reader DC version 2022.001.20169.

The arrogance of saying this is "a specific issue on the user's end" when MANY users are reporting the same problem! Adobe should be ashamed. I guess this is what happens when a company becomes too big: they lose touch with the people that use their products and pay their salaries. Just remember Nokia; they were once the biggest mobile phone manufacturer in the world.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2022 Oct 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh so annoying. Although many are complaining, I don't see Adobe taking this seriously. Unfortunately for me, I use a reader so unable to add pages. My workarounds are to print an even number of pages and then the last page separately. The second workaround - is I open the pdf in Chrome and print from there - it works just fine. Again proves the problem is with Adobe and Apple.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2022 Oct 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem. I'm just posting because Adobe's rep implied it was just that one user.  No.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2022 Oct 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Add me to the list of disgruntled users. Exact same problem as everyone else here. Reader has failed to print 2-sided properly from day one on my iMac M1.

I spent many years as a digital printing systems analyst and Adobe CC user. Clearly this is a bug in Reader.

Unbelieveable that Adobe won't accept responsibility for this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2022 Nov 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem printing from my new MacBook Air with M2 chip and Monterey to an Epson EcoTank ET-3850. Acrobat Reader version 2022.003.20258.

I assumed it was user error at first as it couldn't possibly be so stupid...could it? But yes, it seems it is.  Will have to use the workaround of printing an even number of pages first, then the last page. I share the general depression and astonishment that this bug doesn't appear to have been accepted, let alone fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines