• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Blank pages in the front when printing double-sided

New Here ,
Dec 18, 2019 Dec 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using MacBook Pro (updated) and Adobe Acrobat Reader DC and standard inkjet printer at home.

I've noticed that my printer keeps printing the first page double-sided with a blank page because it prints the first page firstly. Normally, page 1 and page 2 will be printed double-sided together, but my page 2 goes with page 3, and page 4 with page 5, and so on, leaving page 1 alone. 

I have left the "reverse pages" unselected. It happens only when I use Adobe Acrobat Reader DC built-in print feature. How can I solve it?

TOPICS
Mac , Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2022 Dec 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is ongoing with Epson printers. My latest is an ET-4850. The driver in use is "EPSON ET-4850 Series-AirPrint" version 3.0 (installed an update just now, no change with the problem). Odd number of pages will always skip the back of the first page. I can open the exact same file in Preview and it will print correctly (print on both sides until blank on back of last page). I also have an ancient HP Laserjet 3600dn, Acrobat will print the same file correctly using it duplexing. Both printers and my computer are connected via a wired LAN, if that matters. I can duplicate the fault printing from Adobe to the Epson with any odd number pages pdf file.

Mac Mini M1 2020, macOS 13.0.1

Acrobat Pro (about)

Architecture: arm64

Processor: Apple M1

Build: 22.3.20258.0

AGM: 7.0.1

CoolType: 8.1.0

JP2K: 3.0.1.51486

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 03, 2023 Mar 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Someone on the Acrobat team has finally reproduced this problem, and they are working on a fix. It only happens with certain printers. Sorry for the long-standing annoyance!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 03, 2023 Mar 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Annoyance and a lot of wasted paper LOL

Thanks for the update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2023 Mar 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having this problem specifically with adobe on my MacBook Pro and an HP printer. It is so annoying and makes print jobs less professional than i need them to be. Is anyone aware of a fix yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

U you ou we're replying to the Adobe employee. They were able to replicate it finally, and are working on it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2023 Mar 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have experienced the exact same problem on a regular basis, including today - printing from Adobe on a Macbook Air to an HP printer. It is extremely frustrating and makes for odd bundles of documents. Is there an indication of when this will be fixed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI- In my experience, it's happens with Epson and Brother printers as well. I've had multiple models, using many different Apple machines.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2023 May 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Add me to the list too! I work as a school counselor, so you can imagine how much printing I have to do. I have had this issue with only the Adobe app since I got my Macbook in 201. I have been using the "workaround" method for years and have been wasting a lot of paper in the process. 

For context, I have a 2019 Macbook Air and have had this issue regardless of the printer used (I have used both HP and Brother brand printers.) I hope there is a resolution soon!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2023 May 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The easiest workaround I've found is:

Open the PDF with Preview and insert a blank page to make the total number of pages even.  Then export it to a new PDF so that it will print 2-sided correctly from Reader.

I agree we shouldn't have to do this.  It's a bug in Reader for Mac. Hope Adobe fixes it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 14, 2023 May 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That’s the workaround we got years ago. It also occurs using Adobe Acrobat
pro. It’s not just limited to preview.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 22, 2023 May 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.
We have logged a bug for the same and the engineering team is working on it.

I will update here once the bug is fixed.

Thanks,
Abhishek Ranjan Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2023 Jul 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still not fixed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 03, 2023 Aug 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not a fix, but I did find a workaround: check the Reverse pages option! [Edit: this only works for HP printers]

Reverse pages.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2023 Aug 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've stopped using acrobat to print because of this issue. Open with Preview and print with that. It seems to be working for me, for now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2023 Sep 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So sad that it's September of 2023 and after all the reports about this issue on various Mac and software versions, it's still broken.  But hooray that Preview is a valid workaround.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2023 Oct 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Adobe

Are you ever planning on fixing this annoyance? Or do we need to keep adding extra pages for the rest of our lives?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2023 Nov 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, I found it (Reverse Pages) to also work on my Canon GX7021.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2023 Nov 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue like everyone else here.

Printer: HP ENVY Inspire 7900 series (latest firmware).

Adobe Acrobat Reader version: 2023.006.20360

MacOS 14.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2023 Nov 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First page is alone, second and third pages are two-sided.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 19, 2023 Nov 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Sorry for the inconveneience caused. The issue has been fixed in Adobe Acrobat DC version 23.006.20380 . For users with Adobe Acrobat DC, please update to latest version and let me know if you are still facing the issue. For Adobe Acrobat Reader DC, fixing of the issue is in progress and should reach to production soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2023 Nov 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is my version and it is still a problem.

Screen Shot 2023-11-28 at 12.10.52 PM.png 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines