• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Drag and drop of Text does not work in IE AddOn and AxAcroPdf after 64-bit Update

New Here ,
May 06, 2022 May 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

after the Update to Acrobat Reader DC 64-bit I cannot drag and drop text from a PDF opened in the Adobe PDF Reader AddOn in Internet Explorer. This also applies to files opened inside the AxAcroPdf plugin for .NET Applications.

On the other hand, drag & drop is possible when I open it in Acrobat Reader DC directly. (after disabling sandbox in security settings)

It worked fine with the 32-bit version of Reader DC.

Can anyone give me a hint how to enable Drag & Drop for the 64-bit version?

TOPICS
PDF and browsers , View PDF , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2022 May 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a similar, but not identical, problem relating to line breaks when copying text from scanned and OCRd documents.

Having downloaded and installed Acrobat Pro DC 64-bit on a new machine on 3 May 2022, I get hard line breaks when I copy and paste (into Word or Notepad) from scanned .pdfs in which I have recogned the text. This did not happen with my previous installation on my previous machine - I was able to copy blocks of text within a paragraph and the text was continuous - no hard line breaks appeared.

It is important to note that the problem is not with the file itself. When I save the same document to the Adobe Document Cloud and open it in my web browser (i.e. not in the desktop version of Acrobat Pro DC), I am able to cut and paste without hard line breaks.

I am also having problems with a range of other bugs, such when I right click the tool bar and hover over "show edit tools", I get an error saying an "internal error occurred"

I have reinstalled and repaired Acrobat DC over ten times in the last week but each time I get slightly different errors. My current version is 2022.001.20117

This is extremely frustrating. It seems that the downloaded installation file is full of bugs. Would it be possible to download a non-buggy working version.

Please assist urgently?

Richard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 09, 2022 May 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Richard,

If it is an option for you, you could stay with the 32-bit version.

1st, uninstall the 64-bit version,

2nd, download the 32-bit installer and install

3rd, disable automatic update to 64-bit as described here: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/about-acrobat-reader-dc-migration-to-64-bit.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines