Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error code 0:521

New Here ,
Jun 12, 2019 Jun 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have a user that gets this error every day when she tries to open up a PDF. It is only the first time she tries, and she has to close out reader, and open it back up. Then it functions normally. I have tried cleanly removing all traces of reader from her machine and re-installing, as well as ensuring that it is set as the default PDF handler without an issue. This is on a Windows 10 machine.

The full error is: There is a problem with Adobe Acrobat/Reader. If it is running, please exit and try again (0:521)

Any help appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2019 Jun 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I accidentally marked this thread as answered. It is not, unfortunately. Still open to any suggestions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2019 Jun 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still an issue...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 02, 2019 Aug 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lukash,

We apologize for the delay in response to your query. Are you still experiencing the same error or managed to find the solution?

If you are still looking for the resolution, then you may try the following troubleshooting steps-

1- Acrobat and Reader official update (19.012.20035)  is available. This update will be automatically pushed to all existing installations of Acrobat and Reader. If you want, you may also manually trigger the update early by opening the application and going to Help > Check for Updates or install manually: DC Release Notes — Release Notes for Acrobat DC Products

2- Open Task manager>Close Acrobat/Reader processes running at the background>Reboot system>Restart Reader.

3- Try this workaround and let us know if this helps-

Navigate to Reader>Edit>Preferences>Security (Enhanced)>disable "Protected Mode at Startup" and "Enhanced Security">OK>Reboot Reader

Note: Changing the above security settings could pose security risks. We suggest you to turn it back On once you are done with testing.

Thanks,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2019 Aug 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Akki_24,

I am experiencing the same problem Lukash is when viewing pdf's with Acrobat Reader DC.  I know who many others who are experiencing it as well.  We are all running the latest update (19.012.20035).  The workaround you provided works but this is not an acceptable solution since we do not want to expose ourselves to security risks.  Is Adobe working on a resolution to this problem?  I have tested other Reader versions (older ones such as XI, 9, etc.) and none of them have this issue.

Also, I have Adobe Acrobat DC Pro as well.  If I uninstall Reader DC and allow the Pro version to work as my pdf reader plugin I never experience this problem.  The issue is unique to Reader DC only and it is causing many users much frustration.  By the way, in case this helps we are all using the latest version of IE 11 and Reader DC is the plugin.

Thanks,

JP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 19, 2019 Aug 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi J,

Apologies for the delay in response and the trouble caused, as stated above turning off the security works for you, however, it's not recommended and lead to security risk.

You may follow the steps provided in the help article  - Protected Mode troubleshooting | Adobe Reader

Also, a new update for Adobe Acrobat DC and Adobe Reader is available v19.12.20036. Please update the application to the latest version. Go to Help > Check for Updates. To know more about the latest update available please refer to the link - DC Release Notes — Release Notes for Acrobat DC Products

Let us know if that works for you

Regards,

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2019 Nov 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Akki_24,

I was getting the same error  previously the I followed the steps as said above but my pdf's are still not opening .Geting an error pop-up saying "file is damaged and could not be repaired adobe acrobat Local/EWH-11628-1".

I expect some help from you.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Bikas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Issue Resolved, Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2021 Sep 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Aziz,

Could you please share how this issue is resolved for you?

I am using Acrobat Reader DC Update 2100720091 and getting the same error 0:521.

Thanks,

Adeel Khan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 01, 2021 Oct 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Adeel,

Please refer to the information provided on your another post on community: https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-reader-discussions/build-2100720091-there-is-a-problem-with-a....

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines