• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Everything downloads as an Adobe file

New Here ,
Apr 24, 2023 Apr 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently installed Win 11 on a new hard drive. For some reason, everything I download, regardless of what it is, downloads as a zipped Adobe file. For example, I have Husqvarna embroidery machines, and when I download the files, they download in a vip or hus zipped format. But instead of showing the zipped icon (stach of books for Winrar or whatever is it tha WinZip has) everything downloads as Adobe. My unzip program specifically for these formats, does NOT recognize the Adobe file and can't unzip it. I still need the read doc for the colour charts and instructions so I still need the Adobe Acrobat. Any suggestions?? Can someone please help me resolve this issue. Thank you so much! Rikki

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 25, 2023 Apr 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the file extension of the file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you know it's a zipped file? Since you can't open it with your Unzip file?

Please show a screen shot of right click -> Properties for one of these files.

Can you open it in Acrobat (or Acrobat Reader) in the usual way using File > Open ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for reaching out. I'm not using unzip or winrar to open these zipped files. They're embroidery files and it's a specific program that unzips the files and only saves the files that I need in my format, and discards all the others. Everything I download shows up as a PDF vip.zip. I tried to attach a file to this but doesn't seen to be working the way I would like it to. And no, I can't open using File>Open. Hope this makes sense.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 26, 2023 Apr 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What happens when you open the file in Winzip or Winrar?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines