Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exception processing message 0xc0000139 unexpected parameters

New Here ,
Apr 28, 2021 Apr 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Di,

I got this message using Acrobat DC, What can I do ?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

New Here , Jun 18, 2021 Jun 18, 2021

SAME! Except ONLY when Quickbooks, any version, is open.

I uninstalled, Quickbooks and Adobe, this error persists. I am unable to edit any pdf paper/file/form i get an error after i type one single letter. I close QB, error goes away. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Dec 08, 2021 Dec 08, 2021

I followed the procedure that Chad22042564ifeee posted and have been error free for a week.

Chad22042564ifee just posted in a community you follow.

Apr 28, 2021 02:28 AM in Acrobat Discussions

Re: Exception processing message 0xc0000139 unexpected parameters

One of my clients had the same issue and this method worked. Thanks for the easy fix.

1. Please remove the application using the Acrobat cleaner tool https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/cleaner.html  ,

2. Reboot the comp

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Dec 08, 2023 Dec 08, 2023

I just did the download and it fixed the problem.

https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/release-note/release-notes-acrobat-reader.html.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2021 Dec 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue. Anyone hae a permanent fix yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 03, 2022 Jan 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue with an end-user.  I opened a case with Adobe Support and they were clueless.  

I've attempted everything the google-fu has:

-Adobe removal tool

-QB repair

-reinstalling the apps

-Installed a new OS test environment

The error will only go away temporarily.

I did find this article and have not tried the registry edit yet:

https://www.thewindowsclub.com/exception-processing-message-error-on-windows-10

Do any of you use ESET or any other endpoint antivirus?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2022 Jan 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also having the same issue. I pay for Adobe and this should be fixed. I cant password protect files unless I close Quickbooks? Thats asinine! Someone please get this resolved!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2023 Oct 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes! I *currently* have ESET Endpoint Antivirus and am using QuickBooks as well as Adobe.
I'm curious as to how ESET might be involved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2022 Feb 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't believe a patch hasn't been made to fix this...

I also had to close my QB, restart computer and amazingly, was able to type in pdf afterwards. We should not have this issue...very annoying. Please Fix Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 16, 2022 Mar 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone,

I always received this error code when I had Quickbooks Pro Plus 2022 and Acrobrat Reader DC (64-Bit) open.  I was also having random errors within my tax software.  Needless to say, it was a giant pain and time waster.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Quickbooks and Adobe, doing updates, repairing the installation etc and nothing worked.

What I've found that worked was uninstalling Acrobrat Reader DC (64-Bit) and installilng Acrobat Reader DC (32-Bit).

I run Windows 10 64-Bit but figured I'll try using Acrobat 32-Bit since I was out of options and trying anything to fix the error.

So far (fingers crossed) this fixed the error message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, I noticed that when automatic updates are applied, it was updates Adobe to 64-Bit and you will get the errors again.

Watch the video below to turn off automatic updates:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGiU2_EScRI

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

George,

I actually tried this a couple of months back.  Using the stand-alone installer Adobe has.  The 32-bit app did the same thing. After a few days, the error came back.

I actually spoke with Adobe support a few weeks back and setup a remote session.  They had enabled the local admin account in Windows and reinstalled Adobe.  They swore to me that would fix the issue.  It did not.

Currently Adobe support has not released a fix that I can find.

We deployed a brand new system with a brand new Windows OS, and are still getting the same error.  Currently our end-user has been painfully closing quickbooks everyday when she needs to use Adobe.

Let me know if you find anything useful, or how long your 32bit app lasts without the error.

-Nick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nick,

Thank you for the heads up!  I will keep you posted on how long the 32-Bit app lasts.

It seems to have solved the issue with Quickbooks but not my tax software unfortunately.

Hopefully Adobe will release an update soon.

Thanks again!

- George

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 31, 2022 Mar 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone have alternatives to the crappy adobe acrobat product that simply won't run anymore? We have this issue on remote desktop server, it will run without issue for a month or so then this issue with popup and constantly annoy end users. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2022 Apr 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue, but it when I am trying to edit a document in Adobe and it is only on one computer, when I use another computer it works fine.  Please advise on what I can do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 04, 2022 Apr 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Hope you are doing well and sorry to hear that. As it is working fine on the other computer, please try to create a new test user profile with full admin rights in Win or enable the root account in MAC and try using the application there and check.

If it still doesn't work,  please try to remove the application using the Acrobat cleaner tool https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/cleaner.html, reboot the computer once, and reinstall the application using the link https://get.adobe.com/reader/enterprise/

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2022 Apr 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amal,

These steps don't work.  I've posted several times in the thread that your own support cannot resolve with a remote session.  This issue needs to be reviewed by developer.  

-Nick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 21, 2022 Apr 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nick

Hope you are doing well and sorry to hear that.

Would you mind sharing the Adobe CC logs https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html  and procmon logs https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/acromonitor.html via document clooud as described here https://helpx.adobe.com/document-cloud/help/sharing-pdfs.html for further investigation?

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 16, 2022 May 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amal,

I will get those logs for you tonight.  The end user went 2 weeks without the issue. Now it's happen daily again.

Thanks,

-Nick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 18, 2022 May 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amal,

Please review File: AdobeLogs_20220518_105043_142-win-GS.zxp.  It was uploaded to the adobe logcollector portal. 

I want waiting on the crash to happen to send the acromonitor log.

Thanks,

-Nick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 19, 2022 May 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nick

Thanks for sharing the logs. However, we would also require the acromonitor log to investigate the issue further.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2022 Nov 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Set Adobe and Quickbooks to run as Administrator and in Win 8 compatibility mode. 

seems to work 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2022 Nov 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried this and unfortunately it didn't work.

What I found to work is the following:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2022 Nov 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Run Adobe Acrobat as Administrator

2. Go to Edit
3. Go to Preferences
4. Security (Enhanced)
5. Uncheck the box "Enable Protected Mode at startup"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 04, 2023 Jan 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This seems to have worked, and was a very simple solution.  I don't know what, if any, downside ramifications are, but I appreciate you posting this.  Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2023 Jan 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has a solution been found for thie error yet? Ive been having this issue for the past year so hoping someone found the solution. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

C.LTL,

No.  I uploaded logs ages ago.  No one from Adobe could explain it.  I did see George's Recent post from November 2022 but I believe that is only a temporary solution.  

1. Run Adobe Acrobat as Administrator

2. Go to Edit
3. Go to Preferences
4. Security (Enhanced)
5. Uncheck the box "Enable Protected Mode at startup"

At this current point I have just instructed our end-users to close QB, run Adobe, then re-open quickbooks.  They hate it, but I cannot find anyone on the adobe or QB team to help.  

-Nick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I had someone from adobe get on my computer they did a few things and its working now. So hopefully itll be fixed for a bit. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2023 Apr 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't recall where I found the solution, but what worked for me was to set Adobe Acrobat to run in administrator mode. It's a pain having to "allow" the process each time I open a PDF, but it beats the constant headache of the exceptions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines