Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FIll and Sign: can't add/change signature or add initials

Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Current state and version:

When I click on "sign yourself" a signature is already present. I am able to use this signature as normal (it's the wrong one though). No initials are present. Adobe has me logged in under my name. Windows 10 Home. Acrobat Reader DC ver 2021.007.20099|64bit

Issues:
- There is no option to add an additional signature.

- When I click or double click on the minus to the right of the existing signature to remove it (in order to replace it), nothing happens. 

- When I click on add initials, a grey, transparent box covers the document and nothing else happens - it's as if a dialogue box is supposed to appear but doesn't. I can hit the escape key to make the grey box go away. screen shot attached.

- The program appears to be functioning fine in all ways except the above.

I have tried:

- deleting and reinstalling the program.

- creating a new pdf from a new blank document - the same issue occurs.

- turning off "Enable Protected Mode at Startup" (turned it back on after this did not resolve the issue).

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bump

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2021 Nov 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bump

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Post the question in the forum for Acrobat Reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Cortland,

Thank you for reaching out and sorry about the delay in response.

As you are not able to change or add the new signature under the Fill & Sign tool, please try the following workaround.

1. Open the following location: C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Acrobat\DC\Security

2. Locate the following files:

- reader_fss_signature_initials
- reader_fss_signature_initialsi
- reader_fss_signature_initialsk

3. Save the copy of these files on another location and delete them from the current location.

4. Relaunch the application and check if you can create a new signature.

Let us know if that works.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for responding Meenakshi - was giving up hope of anyone answering after about 2 weeks of no replies!

I tried what you suggested and all that did was remove the signature that had been saved. When I click on the plus to add a new signature, the same blank box I took a screenshot of above appears.

I don't know if this helps but I expereinced and solved a new problem that occurred and I am wondering if it's related. I was unable to save - again a blank box instead of the save box. I found the solution to be to turn Adobe trying to save to the cloud in preferences. I am wondering if that's the source of the problem  - a bug where it tries to contact Adobe and can't for some reason. I am able to sign out and back in and that doesn't resolve the issue.

Thanks again for your troubleshooting guidance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 02, 2021 Dec 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bump

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2021 Dec 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bump

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 16, 2021 Dec 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bump again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2022 Jan 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, this is January 2022, and I still have the problem of not being able to add more signatures, has it been solved?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2022 Apr 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now almost May 2022 and no answer that works. Such a disappointment!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2022 Apr 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looked promising at first. Reopened adobe reader dc, went to "fill and sign" and the signature and/or initials were removed and the plus symbol to add new ones was there! However, when you go to add a new one, you get the following and it locks up the program... can't even close it-- have to go into task manager to do so. So frustrating that this hasn't been resolved yet as this has been an issue for over three years (from searching for answers it's been around for at least three years, if not more). It should be a very easy and simple thing to do. Please help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 03, 2023 Oct 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You work for Adobe? Acrobat, as feature laden as you purport it to be is a veritable piece of bloated crap. This is 2023, late almost 2024 and this is NOT fixed. I beleive if I filed a proccedure in court, we would be able to establish a class action suit for a masive refund. You have that shiney building in Thanksgiving point that I look at when I visit my company. Why isn't this stupid issue fixed. And that instruction for fixing your bloated, and non working code is your solution? Do you still have a job? I bet Steve Jobs, would have fired all of you! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 09, 2023 Nov 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My sympathies. Once upon a time, Acrobat was usable. Now it's an inscrutable mess. To do a simple task, like sign a contract, takes an hour of Googling and then turns out to be impossible because the modern Acrobat is a bug-infested inscrutable mess.

In my case, no matter whether my Adobe account is signed in and my Windows 11 account is signed in, my wife's signature and initials are the only ones showing. How is that even possible? Of course, if you could add an additional signature, which wouldn't exactly be brain surgery, the issue wouldn't exist. But that would be in an environment where usability mattered, which is clearly not Adobe.

I see in Google returns that people have been complaining about this for seven years without resolution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2023 Dec 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ditto. So frustrated by this issue. This is not a free version. It should work as expected. Why not allow more signatures? I have the gray X next to the signature but it doesn't delete the current one to allow me to add new.

I feel like this worked when I initially made the purchase but lost the ability with an update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines