Current state and version:
When I click on "sign yourself" a signature is already present. I am able to use this signature as normal (it's the wrong one though). No initials are present. Adobe has me logged in under my name. Windows 10 Home. Acrobat Reader DC ver 2021.007.20099|64bit
- There is no option to add an additional signature.
- When I click or double click on the minus to the right of the existing signature to remove it (in order to replace it), nothing happens.
- When I click on add initials, a grey, transparent box covers the document and nothing else happens - it's as if a dialogue box is supposed to appear but doesn't. I can hit the escape key to make the grey box go away. screen shot attached.
- The program appears to be functioning fine in all ways except the above.
I have tried:
- deleting and reinstalling the program.
- creating a new pdf from a new blank document - the same issue occurs.
- turning off "Enable Protected Mode at Startup" (turned it back on after this did not resolve the issue).
Copy link to clipboard
Copy link to clipboard
Post the question in the forum for Acrobat Reader.
Thank you for reaching out and sorry about the delay in response.
As you are not able to change or add the new signature under the Fill & Sign tool, please try the following workaround.
1. Open the following location: C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Acrobat\DC\Security
2. Locate the following files:
3. Save the copy of these files on another location and delete them from the current location.
4. Relaunch the application and check if you can create a new signature.
Let us know if that works.
Thank you for responding Meenakshi - was giving up hope of anyone answering after about 2 weeks of no replies!
I tried what you suggested and all that did was remove the signature that had been saved. When I click on the plus to add a new signature, the same blank box I took a screenshot of above appears.
I don't know if this helps but I expereinced and solved a new problem that occurred and I am wondering if it's related. I was unable to save - again a blank box instead of the save box. I found the solution to be to turn Adobe trying to save to the cloud in preferences. I am wondering if that's the source of the problem - a bug where it tries to contact Adobe and can't for some reason. I am able to sign out and back in and that doesn't resolve the issue.
Thanks again for your troubleshooting guidance.
Hi, this is January 2022, and I still have the problem of not being able to add more signatures, has it been solved?
Now almost May 2022 and no answer that works. Such a disappointment!
It looked promising at first. Reopened adobe reader dc, went to "fill and sign" and the signature and/or initials were removed and the plus symbol to add new ones was there! However, when you go to add a new one, you get the following and it locks up the program... can't even close it-- have to go into task manager to do so. So frustrating that this hasn't been resolved yet as this has been an issue for over three years (from searching for answers it's been around for at least three years, if not more). It should be a very easy and simple thing to do. Please help.