• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fillable field clears when sending for e-signature

New Here ,
May 26, 2022 May 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working on a service agreement that is contains several fillable text boxes that I fill out for each agreement. Once I have it completed, I am sending for e-signature through Acrobat. Once I click the "Request E-signatures" and it brings it up to specify where to sign, all fillable text boxes are empty. I have saved the file with the text and reopened and the text is still in the boxes. I tried to send again after reopening and same thing, once it gets to where I specify where to sign, the text is cleared again.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , PDF forms , Security digital signatures and esignatures , Share or review PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

New Here , Nov 14, 2023 Nov 14, 2023

Thanks - love being back on the old version.  Your suggestion has been a huge help.  txs

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Apr 02, 2024 Apr 02, 2024

After reviewing one of the reccomended acrobat posters advise, it didn't totally provide the answer, but got me close enought that I was able to fix the checkbox issue (of unchecking all the boxes when being sent for signature) and didn't have to use the old acrobat version. 

It's in the signing phase that I had to check the boxes.

Initially, I completed all the fields on my PDF form as I normally would, except check boxes. 

Then, I select 'E-Sign' > 'Requested e-signatures' > add email receipi

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2023 Nov 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU!!! I wasted an hour of my life trying to figure this out and this simple thing saved me from some real panic. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2023 Nov 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This helped! I also had to go in and change the "particiaptant role" to "Anyone" in the text field box. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2023 Nov 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks - love being back on the old version.  Your suggestion has been a huge help.  txs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2023 Dec 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much! you save my life! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2023 Dec 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much!!!! This is the only thing that worked for this issue. I've been trying to use the new interface for awhile now and it's just been so annoying with all the popup tabs and messing up my documents when I send them out for signature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 18, 2023 Dec 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! new acrobat has been a nightmare

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2024 Apr 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

I cannot believe that Adobe has not fixed this issue yet given how long it has been known and that it does not allow you to use the Send Form function. It was posted here in May 2022 for the first time and continues to be marketed as a feature despite it not working. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 15, 2024 Apr 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Please update the application to the recent version 24.02.20687 installed. Go to Help > Check for updates and reboot the computer once and see if that works.

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 15, 2024 Apr 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new version has solved nothing and made everything worse. Please fix this issue - it is insane that a basic functionality is still not fixed after 2 years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2024 Apr 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The update did not reslove the issue.  I am on a Windows 10 app and use this software daily.  The only reslove has been to stay in "Old Acrobat".  Many hours have been wasted across my office do to this issue.  We use Acrobat 24.002.20687 which is the current updated version offered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 16, 2024 Apr 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We are sorry to hear that the issue still persists, Would you mind collecting the Adobe CC logs https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html , Procmon logs (Win Only) https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/acromonitor.html and share them via any cloud storage. Just upload the log file to the cloud and generate the link and share that link with us for further investigation.

Regards
Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2023 Dec 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see other people are solving this by not using the latest version but I am not using the latest version and am experiencing this issue. Anyone have any tips for how to remedy?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2024 Feb 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here.  Using the old version and all sender prefilled fields are blank when I request e-signature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2024 Feb 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Adobe PLEASE FIX THIS issue it kills all our processes of getting singatures from customers using pdf forms. Its horrible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 12, 2024 Feb 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

What is the version of the Acrobat DC you are using? To check the version go to Help > About Acrobat and make sure you have the recent version 23.08.20470 installed. Go to Help > Check for updates and reboot the computer once.

Also try to repair the installation from the help menu (Win Only) and see if that works.

Please try to reset the Acrobat preferences as described here https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-defau... and see if that works.

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2024 Apr 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah i dont know what adobe doing. I am having same problem.  I am the creator of pdf form. Now it showing me request for e-sign. Also the adobe illustraor has bugs. I reported 1 month ago that if i open the form in adobe illustrator and chagne my design or something i lost all the fillable field. They said they will fix it soon. they did nothing. I am still using the illustrator 2022 version. They told me use old for now. Why? why should i use old version? All the adobe updated version has lots of bugs. Totally crazy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 22, 2024 Apr 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

Hope you are doing well.

The issue, Acrobat fillable forms giving option for e-sign is reported to our engineering and they are working on it for the fix. We will share more details as soon as we get any update.

For the Illustrator issue, I would request you to post the query on the Illustrator community page https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/ct-p/ct-illustrator?page=1&sort=latest_replies&lang=all&t...

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2024 Apr 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After reviewing one of the reccomended acrobat posters advise, it didn't totally provide the answer, but got me close enought that I was able to fix the checkbox issue (of unchecking all the boxes when being sent for signature) and didn't have to use the old acrobat version. 

It's in the signing phase that I had to check the boxes.

Initially, I completed all the fields on my PDF form as I normally would, except check boxes. 

Then, I select 'E-Sign' > 'Requested e-signatures' > add email receipients. 

I moved to the next step, 'Prepare document'.  This is where you can edit form fields and assign to receipients.  It's within this window that you'll notice if you double click on a checkbox, the left side window pane shows options  to customize the check box field.   The checkbox defaults to 'unchecked'.  I had to update the 'Checkbox default' dropdown to 'Checked'.   That maintained my check boxes, and unless the receipent changes it, they stay checked.  Not crazy that you have to wait until you are sending the document to check the box, but it worked and I don't have to change back to an old version of acrobat!

This is the post that I referenced:

"In the meantime, you may try filling in the form field after you update it on Acrobat Sign. Use the Prefill option (https://helpx.adobe.com/sign/using/prefill-forms-field-before-sending.html) to input the information on form fields before sending it. "

I completed all the fields, except check boxes.  Then, I 'requested signatures' and added receipients.  I moved to the next step, 'preview', where you can edit form fields and assign to receipients.  It's within this window that you'll notice if you click on a checkbox, the left pain will bring options and show the checkbox default to 'unchecked'.  I had to update the checkbox default to 'checked'.   That maintained my checkboxes and worked flawlessly.  Not crazy that you have to wait until you are preview the document to check the box, but it worked and I don't have to change back to an old version of acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines