• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Forgot the password of PDF file

New Here ,
Jul 30, 2017 Jul 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a PDF file long ago, but now I forgot the password. How can I recover my password or open the file??

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 30, 2017 Jul 30, 2017

Remember the password or re-create the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 30, 2017 Jul 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Remember the password or re-create the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2018 Dec 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same here. I scanned my tax delaration and saved it with a password. Is there no way the password can be sent to me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 10, 2018 Dec 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Sabine+G%C3%B6sker  wrote

Is there no way the password can be sent to me?

Adobe does not keep the passwords. No one keeps the passwords except for you and the people you give them to. No, sorry, this is impossible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 16, 2019 Mar 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this issue too. It would be great if Adobe could figure out a way for users to address this issue...thx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi scubagirl917

The password is there for a reason, and I hope for the opposite — that Adobe never does this!

This is a user-to-user forum, and I do not speak for Adobe. It's my own personal opinion.

You might want to consider using the Manage Security Policies built into the paid version of Acrobat (not the free Reader) or keep better track of the passwords you create so that you don't forget them. Or don't password protect the PDFs. It won't help for your current document, but it might help for future documents.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be great if people thought it twice before password protecting any file, and kept  in a safe place a record of all the passwords they use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2018 Sep 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can give the solution to open my pdf

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I forgot my pdf password

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Read my old reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 01, 2019 Jul 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not very helpful here. Please don't respond and waste peoples time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

please see your replies above. Your not very helpful are you "Remember the password or re-create the file." then they asked the question again and you said "Read my old reply."

No point in you answering if you're going to be unhelpful. Genuine question and to then get berated by you. GROW UP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My reply was and is correct.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2020 Jan 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i might be able to help.  is it password protected to open the file? or is it the Security Document Settings.  I have not tried to do an open password PDF but if you need to remove the PDF security setting that can be done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 16, 2020 Jan 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That can get you booted from the forums as well. We do not discuss bypassing Adobe security functions here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 28, 2020 Mar 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The file is already password protected. The issue is not being able to log in. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 28, 2020 Mar 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you can't log in please start a new discussion, as people who might help won't read any comments in this post. Please include a lot more detail (but no personal info). What are you trying to log in to? (DON'T HIT REPLY)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 26, 2020 May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue but there are few paid pdf password recovery tools online, does it work? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may not discuss such tools here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The password isn't “hidden” someplace within the PDF file or elsewhere.

Typically, such “services” for password recovery use brute force methods of guessing at passwords, trying common passwords that are typically used on the internet (such as 123456) and then attempting to guess passwords based on commonly used names and letters. Such brute force approaches sometimes work and sometimes don't, depending how much time and compute power the “service” has. It isn't much different that trying to guess the combinations for physical combination locks.

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines