• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Garbled text when printing double sided, flip on long edge

New Here ,
Nov 25, 2021 Nov 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having an issue with double-sided printing with flip on the long edge where the "back" of each page prints garbled. If I set to flip on the short side or just use single sided, it prints just fine. I've reinstalled Acrobat Reader DC (64 bit) ver 2021.007.20099 multiple times with reboots of the computer and printer but the problem persists. I can double-side print Microsoft Word documents with no issue. The other computer networked to the same printer has Acrobat Reader ver 2021.007.20091 and prints double-sided correctly so it appears to be something with the latest update but the problem only started Nov 22nd and I've been printing double-sided just fine before that.

OS is Windows 10 Home running on an Dell Ispiron 3880 (Intel i5, 64 bit).

Tried chat support but no resolution (Case ADB-22137156-G7P7) 

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , Print , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

New Here , Mar 01, 2022 Mar 01, 2022

So I hope this helps, I had the same problem today at my law office and if you can imagine after using Adobe Reader DC for months, this just started happening. It only happens when printing from Adobe Reader DC 64 bit on a Windows 10 machine to our HP LaserJet 500, when I print to out other printer which is an HP OfficeJet MFP it doesn't happen. To solve it, I uninstalled Adobe Reader DC 64 bit and reinstalled Adobe Reader DC 32 bit. It's a little tricky to do that on a 64 bit machine because Ad

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Mar 16, 2022 Mar 16, 2022

Hi Jason

Hope you are doing well and sorry to hear that.

To stop the Acrobat Reader DC 32-bit application from automatically upgrading to the 64-bit version, create the following registry key before the first launch of the application as described in the help page https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/about-acrobat-reader-dc-migration-to-64-bit.html

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate
Dec 01, 2021 Dec 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Jason219050352y27 

Please try referring to this link : Print double-sided | Adobe Acrobat, Reader.

1. Are you facing this print issue with all the PDF files or it is specific to one PDF file?
  2. Make sure that you/your client have the latest firmware/driver of the printer installed.
  3. What is the make and model of the printer installed? If the printer has the wireless feature, try connecting the printer wirelessly and see if this brings any difference.
  4. Reset Adobe Reader's preferences and reboot the machine.

Let us know if this helps.

Regards
Ria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2021 Dec 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ria. Thanks for your reply.

1. I've been having this issue with all PDFs since last week.

2. Printer firmware and drivers are all up to date. I even reinstalled drivers just to be sure.

3. HP LaserJet 500 color MFP M570dn and always connected wirelessly.

4. What preferences to reset?  I've reinstalled Adobe multiple times but problem persists. I've also tried the "Print as Image" but the back page of a double-sided flip on long side print job is always printing out garbled now. 

Hopefully you can see the attachment. The garbled text appears to be the words in correct order but the letters print upside down but not always completely and the formatting is off.

Is there anyway to download an older version of Adobe Reader?  (Specifically Version 2021.007.20091) 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2021 Dec 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have same problem, triple uninstalled and reinstalled Acrobat Reader DC 2021, also HP 570dn actual driver from HP. Printing from ARDC2021 to another HP printers in office OK (HP428fd...). Workaround for me was to install Acrobat Reader 2019 DC. On this version everything works perfectly. Other workstation from same office, same Windows 10 21H2 64bit, same printer, Acrobat Reader 2021 works ok... Strange...

Can you please help us?

Thanks.

Brona

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2022 Jan 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have came a cross of solution, it's little bit of workaround. We installed 2019 DC version, then updated to the newest one, and it worked.

Best regards,
MCH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2022 Mar 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I hope this helps, I had the same problem today at my law office and if you can imagine after using Adobe Reader DC for months, this just started happening. It only happens when printing from Adobe Reader DC 64 bit on a Windows 10 machine to our HP LaserJet 500, when I print to out other printer which is an HP OfficeJet MFP it doesn't happen. To solve it, I uninstalled Adobe Reader DC 64 bit and reinstalled Adobe Reader DC 32 bit. It's a little tricky to do that on a 64 bit machine because Adobe wants to you to install their 64 bit software, so you need to select the little link that states download older versions from the download page. Once you select that link you are then able to choose your Operating System and specifically what version of Adobe you want to install. Don't be fooled this is OBVIOUSLY an Adobe issue, as it was their update that caused this issue to happen, as everything else on my machine has been status quo. Anyway I hope this saves someone some time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2022 Mar 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, this worked temporaritly but how do you stop the 32 bit version from automatically upgrading to the 64 bit version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jason

Hope you are doing well and sorry to hear that.

To stop the Acrobat Reader DC 32-bit application from automatically upgrading to the 64-bit version, create the following registry key before the first launch of the application as described in the help page https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/about-acrobat-reader-dc-migration-to-64-bit.html

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2022 Apr 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat Reader keeps updating to 64-bit! 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2022 May 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys!

Did you change the default value to make this work? My Acrobat Reader keeps updating after a few days, even though I have created the registry key Amal mentioned... 😞

Best

Christian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

To stop the Acrobat Reader DC 32-bit application from automatically upgrading to the 64-bit version, create the following registry key before the first launch of the application.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal,

as stated above... I did so!

1. I created the registry key with value 0 (is this correct?)

2. I removed Acrobat reader from my computer

3. I rebootet

4. I installed the Acrobat reader 32 bit version

So the registry key existed before I even installed the 32 bit application.

Any other hints?

With kind regards from Austria

Christian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 03, 2022 May 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there ,

Please try the steps below:

1. Remove the Acrobat reader from the computer using the Acrobat cleaner tool https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/cleaner.html

2. Reboot the computer and reinstall the Acrobat 32 bit application.

3. Now, create the registry key as described, before launching the application.

regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 23, 2023 Sep 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing will stop Acrobat from updating to the latest 64 bit version of Acrobatreader EXCEPT the guideliness I gave in answer to my own post see https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-reader-discussions/reader-printing-garbled-text/m-p/12785472#...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2024 Feb 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have done as most of the others here. Reinstalled Adobe several times, tried the 32 bit version, reinsalled my PC, I actually have a brand new pC now. Problem persists.

If Adobe is interested they should have been able to fix this issue by now. It has been there for a long time.

Easy fix. Do not use Adobe. Many other PDF readers. I am now uninstalling Adobe Reader.

Regards

Fillip

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 27, 2024 Feb 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Hope you are doing well.

What is the version of the Acrobat Reader you are using? To check the version go to Help > About Acrobat and make sure you have the recent version 23.08.20555 installed. Go to Help > Check for updates and reboot the computer once.

Also try to repair the installation from the help menu (Win Only) and see if that works.

You may also try to reset the Acrobat preferences as described here https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-defau... and see if that works. 

Let us know how it goes.

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 28, 2024 Feb 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal,

The problem occurs on my new PC with Windows 11 (64 bits) also. ANd of course with the latest version of Acrobat Reader DC and only on the Laserjet 500.

I repeat: changing the registry will NOT help. There is only ONE SOLUTION and it is given here (my original post):

https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-reader-discussions/reader-printing-garbled-text/m-p/12785472#...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 28, 2024 Feb 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nothing will stop Acrobat from updating to the latest 64 bit version of Acrobatreader EXCEPT the guideliness I gave in answer to my own post see https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-reader-discussions/reader-printing-garbled-text/m-p/12785472#...

I had to do it last month on my new Windows 11 (64 bit) PC  proving again that the problem is with Acrobat reader DC 64 bits and not with HP or Windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines