• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hate DC, how to get older Adobe Reader version downloads

New Here ,
Dec 21, 2017 Dec 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there. I really do not like the new Acrobat Reader DC. I would like the old version back.

How do I find downloads to install the previous Adobe Reader?

I seriously hate this new format.

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 14, 2018 Mar 14, 2018

I think you are confusing products. There is:

Adobe Acrobat (Pro and Standard, costs money)

There is Adobe Acrobat Reader (free)

The Adobe Acrobat Reader has added features over the years but has not removed any.

Adobe Acrobat has always costed money.

Other than adding features and changing the GUI, neither of these products has changed or is charging for things they didn't used to charge for.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can get XI here by choosing an older OS (like XP): Adobe - Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Distribution

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 23, 2018 Mar 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HOW, I went and was flung right to the DC Version. HOW do I get the older version?  OR NON DC VERSION

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2020 Jan 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DC  is so difficult to use. I paid for the premium so I could edit my pdf's the help said  I cant do this on DC all I want is the old  reader back.  I cant even email my documents  the same way. I also am trying to cancel my subscription I am so frustrated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 12, 2020 Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What have you done in the old Reader?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2022 Oct 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doesn't work. When I get to that box where I select a version, there's ONLY ONE version -- the DC version. Which has screwed up my entire computer!  I uninstalled it a bit ago, & am trying to find the PLAIN OLD ADOBE ACROBAT READER....HELP??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you hate about DC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2018 Mar 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can answer that...all the previous capabilities are now an "add on" or "open" by purchase.  What good is adobe acrobat if you have to suddenly pay for all the features that were previously included in adobe acrobat?  I don't have the budget to pay for these additions, but the tools that are integral to my work processes are now out of reach, not available.  This impedes work flow and efficiency, and creates a financial burden to my organization (grant funded-not commercial) and therefore will have to spend extraordinary amounts of time reworking the budget to accommodate this unexpected change, which will cost money to spend the time to do this, which will slow work flow processes, and impede flexibility.  Get us hooked on your products and then pull them out from under us so we "can't live without them" and are forced to buy in.

What Adobe has done is beyond wrong.  Thanks, Adobe, for forcing non profits and fixed funding agencies (grant programs) to waste time and money to get back up and running.

This SUCKS!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you are confusing products. There is:

Adobe Acrobat (Pro and Standard, costs money)

There is Adobe Acrobat Reader (free)

The Adobe Acrobat Reader has added features over the years but has not removed any.

Adobe Acrobat has always costed money.

Other than adding features and changing the GUI, neither of these products has changed or is charging for things they didn't used to charge for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, don't patronize me, graffiti. I know what I was using before this recent update on my desktop with newly installed windows 10 computer.  And I know what I can't do now.  Everything I could find about DC is that it's the update for windows 10 (and is the ONLY adobe reader available for windows 10).  I've tried to uninstall and install a "FREE" version as you call it.  My Acrobat Reader DC is part of a package that my sponsoring university pays for. So what I could do last week, can't be done now without paying for those features individually.  A La Carte style...

I also pay a separate licensing annual fee for Adobe inDesign.  Still can't extract or insert with pdfs that I have created with that application either.  Hmmm...

Got any other "brilliant" comments to share with me, graffiti?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/T2+Center  wrote

Got any other "brilliant" comments to share with me, graffiti?

Nope. You seem to know it all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And you're just a salesman... the person asked you for help not to be wrangled towards DC.  so Graffiti, where might one find an older version of Acrobat Reader that is legit,  which by that I mean, not just an avenue to DC, under the guise of being an older version... and please, do not patronize me, either.  I have been hunting, each time I find what I believe to be an older version, sure as the sun shines... it is the DC version, telling me how wonderful it is, and how it will work with older operating systems... show me the way Graffiti to find a TRUE OLDER VERSION, side stepping the DC version, I DO NOT WANT.  Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2023 May 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is INCORRECT information.  Adobe support just told me I have to get PRO to get the Take a Snapshot tool which was FREE in Reader before and is no longer there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 19, 2023 May 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Snapshot tool is available in Acrobat Reader!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 18, 2023 Sep 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RE: Correct answer by Graffiti,

Respectfull,

the free version of Adobe Reader DC has been completely rearranged and changed.  ALL of the GUI and selections have been either erased, rearranged and hidden or completely deleted.... including being able to set type over a white out block.  SO .... Please investigate your answers and use the proper version of Adobe when you start flinging around vague generalities ... ADOBE READER DC NOW OFFICIALLY SUCKS!

Time for someone to put out another program that works like the original ( which, by the way WAS the best ... ) how sad that  $$$ are completely removing the best thing on the net. 

MG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2019 Jan 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to comment here.

I couldn't agree more with your thread!

Been a full Adobe Acrobat owner and see since it's infancy in 1995.

Been working with 11 for years happy.

Recently upgraded to Acrobat Pro 2017.

HATED IT WITHIN 5 MINUTES. 

That's all it took to find out the software is now useless and far inferior than 11 was.  Even if you buy the add-ons they do not work as well as 11 did the same tasks.

Much more involved and wastes time.

Will not use.  Looking for competitors software now. 

Sad that Adobe has attempted to insert itself into the middle of end users private company business by trying to pull us ALL Online.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don’t have to buy add ons to use Acrobat Pro 2017. Maybe something is wrong, or maybe you are running Acrobat Reader DC instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2019 Oct 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AMEN. SO HOW DO I GET MY OLD READER BACK. I'M SAFE GUARDING MY ADOBE ACROBAT XI PRO. DC IS FULL OF TRICKS. ALL ROADS LEAD TO A DC SUBSCRIPTION AND READER DC IS ANOTHER WAY OF RIPPING US OFF OF WHAT WE OWN.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2022 Oct 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I AGREE!!  Is there ANOTHER reader I can download that is NOT Adobe, that will let me read ebooks that I buy????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it is connected to the CLOUD, it is as simple as that.  I want to find an older version of Adobe Acrobat without discovering that the offer of an older version is really the DC version ...that will gleefully allow me to download it and promises to work with all versions of Windows, blah blah blah, can't it be, just, a simple ... I WANT TO LIMIT MY ASSOCIATION WITH THE CLOUD  AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE... I do a lot of work on my computer with older programs and I LIKE Them, they work.  At times there is no internet service and I do not need it to do everything on a computer that serves my needs and I could care less about having my EVERYTHING right there in the cloud... I recently contacted Adobe looking for good photo program, that did not have an association to the CLOUD or had to be part of a subscribed platform and was informed that ADOBE had nothing to offer me.  So does adobe have older readers, available, or is your company just as corrupt as the rest of them, because we all know it is not about the customer, or their needs, it is about getting that extra dollar squeezed out of each individual and keeping tabs on everything, anyone in the universe has on their computer, or will have on their computer, over all, not directing that solely at Adobe.  So, will I have to start looking for OLD computer programs to find a program that is suitable or what?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 23, 2018 Apr 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi T2Center and Callach,

~graffiti is correct, features that used to be there are still available.

It has capabilities now for the users who have who have subscribed to Acrobat Services FAQ | Adobe PDF Pack to use them via Reader app. 

callach If you don't want to use online services with Reader, you simply can disable online service via Adobe Customization wizard and deploy the customized installer on the user machines. Here is a link to download Adobe customization wizard tool: Adobe Customization Wizard and you have here documentation about the tool as well.

And if you still want to use old version: ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/reader/ you can download from this FTP site. I would like to mention any non-supported version of Adobe Reader/Acrobat is declared End of support*. The supported version of Reader can always be available for download from here: Adobe - Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Distribution

Feel free to update the discussion if you have any further question.

* End of support means that Adobe no longer provides technical support, including product and/or security updates, for all derivatives of a product or product version (localized versions, minor upgrades, operating systems, dot and double-dot releases, and connector products).

-Tariq Dar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Tariq Dar​!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 13, 2022 Mar 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is either a COMPLETE LIE or, they have now made it so that EVERYONE who is here saying they cannot find the old Adobe Reader is NOW correct. Either way, I sure cannot find it. What is more, I am DONE trying. Adobe you and your CLOUD solutions can kiss my A**. I will never bother to click on another link to you or your products again as long as I live. And by the way, I see you must be in bed with the ZuckerNazi as you too have somehow decided that because YOU create this area that it automatically defines YOU as the "Community" (regarding your so-called "Community guidelines"). Let's call a spade a spade here. YOU are not the "Community". WE ARE THE COMMUNITY. By forcing others to follow your rules, it makes you the owner, the ruler, the enforcer of your rules, heck, even the DICTATOR. But, it sure as hell does NOT make you the "Community".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2023 Aug 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK I downloaded and installed the reader. Well, to my total lack of supprise, the very first thing I tried that used to be free takes me to the 7 day free trial and $20 monthly after that. So, is this an error in the link or is Adobe just feeding us pure BS?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is CLOUD CONNECTED, simple as that. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines