• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hide 'All Tools' Pane permenatly 2023

New Here ,
Mar 07, 2023 Mar 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can users permanently hide the 'All Tools' pane? 

Older guides do not work. 

Using a free version. 

Please don't force trail periods and pop ups on your uses 

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Oct 21, 2023 Oct 21, 2023

1st ANY design behavior can be changed or modified.  It's called code... look it up! 
2nd SHAME ON YOU for "fixing" something that wasn't broken, just so you could break it and screw people out of hard earned money in this economy.
3rd To go back to the OLD VERSION click on Menu, Click on Disable New Acrobat Reader (4 options above Preferences), click Restart and enjoy what we all are used to.
Oh, and BTW, I didn't create an account just to upvote, I signed in with Google.  (Removed)
Peace Love & Ha

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Mar 23, 2024 Mar 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't go back to a previous version because I just got another PC this week. So I am going to switch to Foxit Reader because I get frustrated by Adobe. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2024 Mar 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try change in Preference > Documents

Tick "Remember last state of the All tools pane when opening document".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2023 Nov 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wth, you know that people have to work with this. I hope someone updates this forum for you with a toolbar that takes up half your textbox and forces you to close it every time you want to post something here...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2024 Jan 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Akanchha,

terrible design. Makes Adobe unuseable when needing to open many PDFs. Adobe has really not changed the design helpfully over the last years unfortunately, it is more cumbersome now, than it was a few years back.

Best,

Luise 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2024 Jan 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe, are you nuts or what?? I am going to uninstall "new Adobe Reader" immediately! What the f..k

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2024 Feb 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I stopped using Adobe Products after reading this comment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 16, 2023 Apr 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is only one solution available which is "got to old UI". Then follow the method available for old UI. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2023 Jun 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it worked for me... running the latest version and using the "old" interface. Now the "remember tool pane state" flag works

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2023 Oct 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Edit--> Preferences --> Documents --> Open Settings

Note to myself and everybody here...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2023 Oct 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good point, I didn't know it was possible to revert to old UI. Besides this bug, this avoid a couple other regressions of the new UI like undifferentiated title bar color between active and inactive window...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2023 May 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

This was annoying me on the version I user at work.  I found the answer was to tick a box under the Accessibility settings under Preferences.  'Always use page layout style'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2023 May 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which one?  I tried some but no result. Please give more details.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 08, 2023 Jun 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@CDinside 

On the New UI of Acrobat, navigate to View>Disable New Acrobat. Once reverted to the old UI then, navigate to 

Acrobat Reader>Edit >Preferences>General> Documents> Check "Remember current state of toolpane">OK then Hide tool pane to keep it close for next time. 

Thanks,

Akanchha 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 30, 2023 Jun 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, that worked.

Once again Adobe embarasses themselves by thinking they have a clue what designers want and forcing functionality changes on people which are widely disliked.

This reminds me of when they removed the Line tool's pixel functionality in Photoshop and after six months of complaints from the big studios finally changed it back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2023 Aug 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked... finally!!! Adobe wants to pressure us into clicking in that sweet "Free 7-Day Trial" for functionality only major firms use for legal documentation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2023 Jul 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks, it worked 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2023 Jul 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked. Forcing the Tools Pane always open on the *new* Acrobat is a horrible idea.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2023 Aug 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only reason I've ever used Acrobat Reader is for its simplicity. Having to close the Tools Pane every single time I open a PDF is easily enough to get me to use a different PDF reader. Such an annoyance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2023 Aug 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. 
Disabled New Acrobat and I am back to normal (I had already disabled the tool pane in the "old" Acrobat)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 03, 2023 Aug 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for the hint! I'm back to the previous version util Adobe enables to permamently remove that annoying tools panel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2023 Sep 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

really appreciate your good explaining 
thanks a lot 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2023 Sep 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You deserve a medal for making this clear!  This feature was SO ANNOYING!!  Thank you!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2023 Oct 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finally a solution! I've spent so much time dealing with this, I want my time back. What's ironic is having to revert back to the old UI. Crazy as it seems, it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2023 Oct 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, you click on the three lines that look like a hamburger on the upper left to bring up the menu. Look for "view."  Just BELOW View you will see "disable new acrobat."  Mine WAS NOT inside the view menu...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2023 Nov 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines