• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hide 'All Tools' Pane permenatly 2023

New Here ,
Mar 07, 2023 Mar 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can users permanently hide the 'All Tools' pane? 

Older guides do not work. 

Using a free version. 

Please don't force trail periods and pop ups on your uses 

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Oct 21, 2023 Oct 21, 2023

1st ANY design behavior can be changed or modified.  It's called code... look it up! 
2nd SHAME ON YOU for "fixing" something that wasn't broken, just so you could break it and screw people out of hard earned money in this economy.
3rd To go back to the OLD VERSION click on Menu, Click on Disable New Acrobat Reader (4 options above Preferences), click Restart and enjoy what we all are used to.
Oh, and BTW, I didn't create an account just to upvote, I signed in with Google.  (Removed)
Peace Love & Ha

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 13, 2023 Mar 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Toke28748572o2wo 

Thanks for reaching out.

You can hide the Tool pane of Acrobat by clicking on the (x) icon next to it (as shown in the screenshot). However, the functionality to hide or remove it from the Home view permanently is not possible. 

It's a design behavior and cannot be changed or modified.

You can write your suggestion to our engineering team by filling out this feature request form here: https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html 

Thanks,

Akanchha 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 03, 2023 Sep 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This horrible, user unfriendly behaviour is exactly why I canceled my Adobe subscriptions and will never use any of your products again.

There is only one reason why you have this 'design behavior' and that is to irrirate your customer until they reach the point where they give up and purchase a license. Well guess what, that ain't going to happen. Shame on you Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 05, 2023 Sep 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Han32048944ywyk Wellsaid. What you said is 100% correct. Its a horrible and very cheap design practice. I had to let my subscription canceled too.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2023 Sep 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Created an account just to upvote and reply!  Stupid and irritating "design behavior".  Will be looking for alternatives to this software!  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2023 Sep 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same here. they think everyone is happy when they don't see people complaining..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2023 Oct 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

they see the complaints, they just don't GIAF

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2023 Oct 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also totally agree with you, what's the best alternative to Adobe Reader?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2023 Oct 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really like Foxit PDF Reader. It's been around for ages, it's free and it has a clean and simple user interface.

If you need more options there are other (paid) Foxit products, but I don't use them.

Another big plus for Foxit is that they have the option of buying a perpetual license, unlike Adobe which only has a subscription model. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will be trying foxIt!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 04, 2023 Nov 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created an account specially to post my comment. It is indeed cheap cone practice. I am going to use a different product from now on.

You are scammers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 11, 2023 Dec 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also signed in to my old Adobe account just to upvote this comment. I tried to click upvote 37 times but sadly you can only click once.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2023 Sep 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you sooooooo much 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2023 Sep 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How the heck do you guys think this is good UI? The desire to squeeze every cent from users forcing a panel always in view is enerving, to say the least.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You win the INTERNET today!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2023 Oct 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The floating toolbar is a total nuisance, Please put a disable option. The side pane should also be able to be hidden.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe needs to stop forcing ths on customers. I use adobe at work and cannot just pay for a license. this is the most annoying feature you guys have done in a long time.  FIX IT or I will dump my personal Adobe license like a hot potato

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2023 Oct 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1st ANY design behavior can be changed or modified.  It's called code... look it up! 
2nd SHAME ON YOU for "fixing" something that wasn't broken, just so you could break it and screw people out of hard earned money in this economy.
3rd To go back to the OLD VERSION click on Menu, Click on Disable New Acrobat Reader (4 options above Preferences), click Restart and enjoy what we all are used to.
Oh, and BTW, I didn't create an account just to upvote, I signed in with Google.  (Removed)
Peace Love & Happyness!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2023 Nov 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Legend Lisa! Love the solution. "Disable New Acrobat Reader." What a great UI feature for Adobe to include. Reinforce that idea, eh!  Well, this menu issue bugged me so bad (within 2 days of setting up a new computer) I was about to uninstall Acrobat. Thanks for the fix. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2023 Nov 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I was on the verge of going mad. I open about a hundred PDFs a day, and having to click the little 'x' a hundred times for the toolbar was frustrating. I was shocked that there was no way to disable this annoying feature. I just want to read the PDF, not have the toolbar taking up half the screen. Reverting back to the old version solved the issue, and I hope they don't remove this in future updates. Unfortunately, I'm unable to switch to alternative options.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2023 Nov 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, I just did it what you wrote! Very annoying from Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2023 Nov 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have just saved me so much frustration. THANK YOU!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2023 Dec 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much! You just saved my sanity at work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2024 Jan 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It does NOT work! It simply shifts the annoying bar to the right side of the window. Going back to Foxit. Thank you for you effort, anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2024 Mar 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great.... now that annoying panel on left is gone, annoying panel on right takes over the job. GG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines