• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I restore the PDF menu bar (File-Edit-View)? [2020]

Explorer ,
Nov 12, 2020 Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I restore the PDF menu bar (File-Edit-View)?

[Thread locked. See last post for reasons.]

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Nov 12, 2020 Nov 12, 2020

Hi!

I hope you are doing well!!

If you want to restore the Menu bar on a Windows machine, then press the "F9" key from the keyboard. 

On Mac, press the combination of: "Command + shift + M"

Let us know if you still experience any issues.

Thanks,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Dec 20, 2021 Dec 20, 2021

@Bernhard22329323q07i wrote:

the document title and 'min - max - x' tools disappears all the time. 

Is this in all PDFs or just some?

I'm asking because the creator can set the Initial View to hide the toolbar when the document is opened. F9 will bring it back while the file is open, but not when it's re-opened This can't be changed in the free Reader.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jun 05, 2023 Jun 05, 2023

Hi Bernhard22329323q07i and SB Uses AAReader,

Sorry about the delay in response.

Please try removing the application from the machine and run the cleaner tool (https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/cleaner.html) to ensure. Reboot the device after that.

Install the latest version of Acrobat Reader from the following help page: https://get.adobe.com/reader/enterprise/.

If the issue still occurs, share the process logs with us. You may collect the process logs using the steps

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2023 Aug 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I gave up on Adobe's reader, which is bloated with a bunch of for-sale addons that I have no interest in. I downloaded EasyPDF and it works great. F Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2022 Jun 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a major issue my menubar and top bar keep dissapearing all the time!!!!!!

I hit F9 or CtrlM or right click on items and go show/hide menubar and sometimes that works but a lot of the time it looks like the the program duplicates on top of its self the F9 is really annoying and need this fixed ASAP.

If anyone has any suggestions that could help I would appreciate it.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 13, 2022 Jun 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jesse

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the delay in response.

Would you mind sharing the version of the Acrobat Reader DC you are using? To check the version go to Help > About Acrobat and make sure you have the recent version 22.1.20117 (Win), 20112 (Mac) Installed. Go to Help > Check for updates and reboot the computer once.

Also, try to repair the installation from the help menu (Win Only) and reboot the computer once, and check .

You may also try to reset the Acrobat preferences as described here https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-defau... and see if that works for you. 

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2023 Feb 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes most frustating thing about acrobat !! Have been dealing with it for a couple of years. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 27, 2023 Feb 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @fareedsuri 

Hope you are doing well and sorry to hear that its still an issue.

What is the version of the Acrobat DC you are using? To check the version go to Help > About Acrobat and make sure you have the recent version 22.3.20322 (Win Only) installed. Go to Help > Check for updates and reboot the computer once.

Also try to repair the installation from the help menu (Win Only) and see if that works.

Please try to reset the Acrobat preferences as described here https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-defau...

You may also try to create a new test user profile with full admin rights in Win and try using the application there and check.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[ movie is to big for your mailbox - see link ]
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1--PeKUwZpjMiSGxtEig58GJmbYr1oqX6/view?usp=sharing

Op ma 27 feb. 2023 om 19:53 schreef Bernhard van der Zee (GAbz)

[email removed for your protection]

> Hi Amal,
>
> *Glad you ask again !!! thank you. I appreciate that. *
> You know, I had a complete crash of my M2-sdd. (New computer 8 months old)
> I reinstalled windows 10 on a new SSD. Downloaded everything new (a fix /
> restore backup was not possible)
>
> But this Acrobat menu bar disappearing *is the same.* TOTALLY ANNOYING.
> cab you believe it?
> From the first time I used it.
> F9 helps a tiny bit.
> So please help me figure out how to make it behave normal.
> I'll add a little *movie*, made with phone on my computer screen.
>
> is it a feature, or is it a bug ?
>
> Met vriendelijke groet,
>
>
> *Bernhard van der Zee*
>
>
>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And I did this too: 
Empty the folder:  
C:\Users\<name>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Acrobat\DC\Preferences
Makes no difference. 

Where in the past this problem came up often, but not always, it's now 100% of the time. Waist of time ! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 28, 2023 Feb 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Bernhard22329323q07i 

Have you tried to create a new test user profile with full admin rights in Win or enable the root account in MAC and try using the application there?

If it still doesn't work, please remove the application using the Acrobat cleaner tool https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/cleaner.html, reboot the computer once and reinstall the application using the direct link
https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/acrobat-dc-downloads.html

Regards
Amal

Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2023 Mar 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To get the menu bar back, select the menu (3 bars in the upper left corner), then select Disable New Acrobat Reader. That will take you hack to the previous user interface with the menu bar at the top.

Rick A

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 01, 2023 Aug 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes! Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 21, 2023 Aug 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes that worked for me thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 28, 2023 Aug 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you!!! this is wehat actually works!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 08, 2023 Sep 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. That worked for me too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 09, 2023 Sep 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thou art legendary, seriously -f*ck the new reader style, nearly cancelled my subscription. Thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 17, 2023 Sep 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I was literally about to cancel my subscription too. I uninstalled Adobe Acrobat from Creative Cloud, then it wouldn't let me reinstall. I have to say that the Adobe chat support was good, though - they sent me a link to a version that I could install and told me about the disable function. They were very prompt, so I kept the subscription, but I just can't fathom out why Adobe would have to make such basic functionality only available by disabling the latest version. It implies they'll be phasing it out, so I'm looking around for alternatives to organise PDFs before that happens. I don't use many of the other products in CC, apart from Photoshop, and GIMP does the same job for free, so I'm only sticking with CC for PDF editing, commenting, and management really.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 28, 2023 Aug 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you!! this worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2023 Sep 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you ! Your solution worked for me too!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2023 Nov 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Disable New Acrobat worked for me, thanks. Idk why Adobe thought it was a good idea to get rid of the standard menu bar...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2024 Jan 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To fix this issue, select the three bars in the upper corner and 'disable new Acrobat reader'. I'm surprised that an Adobe employee wouldn't suggest this instead of asking folks to uninstall and reinstall the program. That does nothing!!! Support rated 0, or minus 1, if I could, on this issue.

Please fire the person who designed the new interface. Terrible menu placement, no customization. The colorful buttons are now all the same dull color. Seriously, fire them, stat. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2023 Feb 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

v 2022.003.20322 64-bit

tried reset preferences and reset 'Repair installation' 

no use

very annoying 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 13, 2023 Mar 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It appears I only have this problem only when using eGPU monitors. Wondering if others have simialr issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2023 Mar 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right-clicking on the bar where the icons (print, -, +, trash, etc...) are gives you a bunch of options, there you will see 'Meun bar'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 13, 2023 Mar 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, that's totally useless to know in this case.
It's not the menubar that disappears, it is the top bar, which has the filename
and Bernhard22329323q07i_0-1678705147901.png the minus + square + X.

And it always disappears when I move the mouse toward it. 

Like an annoying bug!!!
F9 takes away the menubar, F9 again then brings it back - including the topbar. But then the topbar disappears again. 
No one can tell me WHY it happens, and how to stop it from happening.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 18, 2023 Apr 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

experiencing the same issue here, got annoyed using the f9 button to trigger the file, edit, view, .. bar.

only thing is that the installed version of AAReader is current (new pc).
someone suggested I install the older DC version, but cannot find the installation unless spending half a day tracking it down.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 21, 2023 Apr 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi SB Uses AAReader,

Thank you for reaching out.

Could you please let us know if this behavior started recently?

Would you mind sharing the screen recording of the issue occurring on your end?

Share the Acrobat Reader and OS version on the machine.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines