• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how to get rid of pop up "recent" when only fast printing

New Here ,
Oct 11, 2018 Oct 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where can I disable this horrible pop up screen of "recent" documents that appears when I print a document without opening ( so called fast print) ?

Or how can I set it to stay in minimized status like I had in the adobe version before the update?

because when I do now, it shows up again in full size when I hit the print button 😞
not wanted when printing a lot of documents out of emails and maps per day and then have to minimize it after each print.

thanks in advance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 26, 2018 Dec 26, 2018

Hi Nine,

I am sorry for the delayed response and inconvenience caused, please install the latest patch of Adobe Reader/Acrobat 19.010.20064 from help>check for updates, or manually from DC Release Notes — Release Notes for Acrobat DC Products

Reboot the machine and check.

let us know if you experience any issue.

Thanks,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're sorry for the trouble you had with Adobe Reader, could you please share a screenshot of the "recent" documents that appear during printing? To share the screenshot, refer to https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-7043#jive_content_id_How_do_I_attach_a_screenshot

Is it a Mac or Windows machine and what is the version?

What is the make and model of the printer?

Are you facing any issue or getting the same window when printing a PDF from Adobe Reader desktop application?

We're here to help, just need more info.

Thanks,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 10-09-18 at 01.04 PM.JPG

Here is what I see after every two prints, running W10 and an HP2035 printer.

Only print PDF's from incoming emails so cannot comment about other applications.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Following this thread as I am having the same issue. I'm using Windows 10, and the issues just started after the last Adobe update. I am using quick print to print email attachments and I keep having to stop to close Acrobat Reader, which is both time consuming and annoying as hell. Prior to this update, it stayed minimized on the bottom of my screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2018 Oct 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using windows 7, printer depends on my location an which printer I use in the network but not of any influence on this particular issue, issue started after the latest update.

The picture below is the pop-up I have to close every time when fast printing without opening the file, not very funny when you do this about hundred or more times a day for work 😞 .
Before the update this screen stayed minimized.

so, question is, how do I ( or we) set this thing to not popping up or stay minimized when I minimize it.

Knipsel.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 26, 2018 Dec 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nine,

I am sorry for the delayed response and inconvenience caused, please install the latest patch of Adobe Reader/Acrobat 19.010.20064 from help>check for updates, or manually from DC Release Notes — Release Notes for Acrobat DC Products

Reboot the machine and check.

let us know if you experience any issue.

Thanks,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 14, 2022 Jul 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever solve this? It started happening to me after an update, and the update link below (or any update) does nothing. I 'right click' print one page PDF docs all the time, and the pop-up is very, very frusturing an uncessary. It also causes errors if I try to print and haven't closed down the last 'recents' pop up...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2022 Jul 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This just started happening to me today. It's very annoying. I quick-print many times a day and every time, the "recent documents" window pops up! I checked for an update, it says there's no updates. Is there a way to turn this off so this window doesn't keep popping up??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2022 Jul 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Following this thread as this has started happening this week (presuming there was an update that I'm unaware of). It is EXTREMELY annoying to constantly have to stop and close Adobe ever time I quick/fast print. Why is this an ongoing issue four years later??!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2022 Aug 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is happening to me now as well! I can't figure out how to get it to stop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 15, 2022 Jul 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any ideas? This is really, really annoying and unfixable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2022 Jul 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

anybody solve this? its really annoying when youre printing email attachments all day! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 18, 2022 Jul 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. (entire company)

With the latest version of Adobe Reader, we always get a pop-up with fast printing from Outlook that you have to close again. And this is very annoying.

How can we close this pop-up ( "recent documents")? I don't want to see this like before the update.

Please provide a solution for this problem.

Because I quick-print a lot every day. And every time recent documents come up.

How can we stop this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 18, 2022 Jul 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem just started happening... SOOOOOO annoying and time consuming ... and yes... i have the most recent updates

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 19, 2022 Jul 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Sorry to hear about the trouble caused.

Could you please confirm the current application version you are using on the machine and share the OS version.

Would you mind sharing the logs for the issue for further investigation?

Please share the following logs :

Adobe CC logs: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html

Procmon logs: https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/acromonitor.html 

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to hear you're looking at it.

Machine OS:  Windows 10 Pro  version 21H2   Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3920.0

Adobe Reader  Adobe 2022.001.20169 64 BIT DC

log Collector Tool generates a signed ZXP file I created. Did you receive this zxp file ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having the same issue and would like to know how to stop this as well.  Using same above virsions Windows and Adobe Reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Edition Windows 10 Pro
Version 21H2
Installed on ‎10/‎30/‎2020
OS build 19044.1826
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4180.0

Applications Installed:
Office Version: Office 2013 32-bit
Outlook Version: Outlook 2013 32-bit

Installed Acrobat: C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat DC\Acrobat\Acrobat.exe
Version: 22.1.20169.0
Creation Date: 2022/07/04
Creation Time: 9:34:28 PM
Installed Acrobat: C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat Reader DC\Reader\AcroRd32.exe
Version: 22.1.20169.0
Creation Date: 2022/07/04
Creation Time: 9:34:18 PM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I even set my recent files to show to zero to see if that would work but I still get the popup

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Facing the same issue. Whenever I "Quick Print" from Outlook desktop app, Adobe shows the recent window. This does not occur when Adobe is already open or minimized in the taskbar. 

I have repaired Adobe, reinstalled Adobe, updated my Windows 10 version to the latest, Switched the default pdf viewer back and forth between Adobe and Edge. 
Need a Solution to fix this issue @adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 20, 2022 Jul 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out.

The team is aware of this issue and investigating this further.

We will inform you once we get any update from the team.

We appreciate your patience.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2022 Jul 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now that you are investigating this, what is the timetable for resolving the issue? Once it's resolved, I hope that you will put failsafes in place to keep it from happening in the future. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2022 Jul 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm convinced this is done intentionaly by Adobe in hopes of pushing other products or add on.  They are fully aware of what their doing.  They have teams of people working on their applications around the clock, so if they wanted, this would have been resolved already.  Needless to say it is extremely annoying.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2022 Jul 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Meenakshi. when will it be fixed it is so annoying it only started happening to me a week or so ago i rigt click quick print so many pdfs a day.  aworkaround it to have one PDF opened but minimized and it then doesnt pop up each time but it needs to go back to the way it was thanks 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2022 Aug 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any update on this ? we have the same issue on 25 workstations. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines