• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to make a PDF easier to read

Explorer ,
Apr 17, 2022 Apr 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a fairly length PDF created from a Word document. In Word, I can set up in "read mode" so that the text fits the width of the page (Alt+2) and I can suppress the headers and footers by double-clicking in the gap between any footer and the header of the next page. This makes the document scroll like one long page. I can do it one better by changing to Draft mode. That gets rid of the headers, footers, and margins and in one.

I cannot figure out how to do something similar in Acrobat Reader DC. I can get it to scroll without respect to the pages by pressing Ctrl+2, but the margins, headers, and footers are still visible. I can switch to Read Mode (Ctrl+h), but then it also switches to full screen and removes everything including the bookmark map on the left. And that also screws up the window size when I cancel it (Esc or Ctrl+h).

Is there any way to make the Reader show the document in a read mode similar to what I can get in Word?

I just checked and I have the latest update.

Thanks

I am running Office 365 on Windows 10.
TOPICS
How to , View PDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 29, 2022 Jun 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not received any replies. I this quesion too difficult? Is no one followng this forum?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Pmoss,

I hope you are doing well. As per the description, I understand that you want to change the view of reading the documents.

You can change the settings from Preferences-> Page Display and select the appropriate option needed.

You may refer to the link to know more about how to scale down the view as per your preference:

Adjusting PDF views (adobe.com)

Let me know if this answers your question.

Thanks,

Souvik.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I tried all of those viewing options. None of them does what I want.

I want a view option that os the equivalent of Draft View in Word. In Draft View, the headers. footers, and any blank lines at the bottom of a page are suppressed. All I see is the text.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 01, 2022 Jul 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@PMoss 

Hi,

Per the description, if you have tried all the view modes and were not satisfied with them, I suggest you, please fill out the wish form so that your idea reaches our engineering team for them to look into it and try to implement it in the upcoming updates.

Link: Share your feedback on Acrobat DC (uservoice.com)

Thanks,

Souvik.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines