• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to play a video embedded in a pdf file in 2021?

New Here ,
Jan 09, 2021 Jan 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

Adobe Flash Player support has been discontinued. How do I now play a video embedded in a pdf file?

TOPICS
View PDF , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What type of video?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2021 Feb 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

None of the information in that article addresses the problem. The article itself claims "Acrobat Pro supports .mp3, .mov, and other files encoded in H.264 (with AAC audio)." but when you attempt to embed a H.264 .MP4 into a pdf document it still trys to embed the SWF player file.  Since Flash is EOL this doesn't function. Considering it was published in Nov 2020 well after the announcement of EOL for Flash, and the continued claim that embedded video is supported, I would also like to know what a workable solution is. 

Thanks,

Z

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2022 Apr 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A load of crap. Does not work for so many people.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your Acrobat Pro version???

It should be:

Capture_193.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

 Actually it looks like you are missing an update or two. I currently have 2021.001.20138

AcrobatVersion.PNG

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 13, 2021 May 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any resolution for this? I am faced with the same problem. I have a video embedded in a PDF, however some users I send it to get the following error. (See attached image). Others have to go through a bunch of steps for "trusting content."  If the user double-click our PDF and it opens in a browswer it doesn't work at all either. Please help. errorpdf.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Trusting content is a normal thing, to protect users.

2. The problem MIGHT be that these users are using an old app. The change to work without Flash is pretty recent.

3. Nothing will work in a browser, because the browser makers didn't bother. They blocked Adobe from fixing it.

You need to educate your users to use Acrobat Reader on Mac or Windows (not mobile), making sure they download and open in Reader, and that Reader is up to date. That's a fair piece of tech support for you...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I most like will have to send out some instructions with the PDF then. If the video won't play to either (list steps to make trusted) or (list steps to make sure Adobe Reader is up to date) or (download and right-click and select Open With....) 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2021 Jun 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using the most up-to-date Adobe Acrobat Pro

I am using the most up-to-date Adobe Reader

And when I open the PDf file I saved on the laptop on which I created it - it works - the MP4 file works.

When I open the pdf file on a different computer using the most uptodate Reader - it doesn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2021 Jun 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly the same for me as well.

I spent almost three hours with Adobe on-line (text chat support) with no resolution.

In fact ended up not having access to Reader any more, as they wanted me to remove it.

Once removed the only way to get Reader back to test the embedded video mp4) is to deinstall Pro DC, and install Reader. Then remove Reader and reninstall Pro.

If you just update Reader to Pro, you can not even view the video you have just insterted in to the pdf!!!

So I have to ask colleagues to test. The only workaround (in Reader) is to right mouse click the movie window and save the video locally. 

This really is not why I got my company to invest in Acrobat Pro DC. Should have just printed the Word work instructions to pdf, and uploaded the videos to Teams, and have links to these video in Teams in the pdf!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines