Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I cant write numbers in acrobat reader

New Here ,
Jun 23, 2020 Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

when i try to edit a pdf and want to write numbers i get these kind of symbols instead: ٧٩٠٧٥٤٣

does anybody know how to fix it

its only in acrobat

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , May 09, 2023 May 09, 2023

You do not have to change the font, you have to open any pdf, and go to preferences and then to language. There, "choose same language as the system", You will solve it. It happened the same to me, all of a sudden and without me having done anything the numbers were these arabic symbols (the letters worked well, it was only the numbers) and then when I went to "language" I saw that it said English and Arabic or something like that, of course I had not done it, it had configured itself for some r

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Basically these numbers are 790753, your acrobat is showing numbers in the Arabic language. I think you have selected Arabic as the default font. Check the font you are using.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i had Arial and changed it with no effect

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat Reader can't change the font.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"when i try to edit a pdf ... does anybody know how to fix it"

You can't edit a PDF using the free Adobe Acrobat Reader. You need the paid version.

https://helpx.adobe.com/reader/faq.html

"No. You cannot make permanent changes to text or images inside PDF files using Acrobat Reader. To edit PDF files, purchase Adobe Acrobat DC software. If you have a subscription to Adobe Acrobat DC, you can also edit PDFs from the Adobe Acrobat Reader tablet app."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 24, 2020 Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you typing into a form field? If so, contact the author of the file and ask them to fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 09, 2023 May 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You do not have to change the font, you have to open any pdf, and go to preferences and then to language. There, "choose same language as the system", You will solve it. It happened the same to me, all of a sudden and without me having done anything the numbers were these arabic symbols (the letters worked well, it was only the numbers) and then when I went to "language" I saw that it said English and Arabic or something like that, of course I had not done it, it had configured itself for some reason. But I did what I told you and I fixed it up

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2023 May 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Super helpful, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2023 Jul 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this - solved the same problem for me!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2024 Feb 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HELPFUL! This worked for me (i also has to unselect the Hindi digets on the same setting)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 26, 2024 Feb 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The issue is not a font problem, it's not a bug, it's a setting in the Acrobat preferences:

Abambo_0-1708945891935.png

Hindi Digits shows those numbers this way.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines