• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

IE add-on Adobe Acrobat Sharepoint OpenDocuments - Not working in SharePoint 2019 on premise

New Here ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are currently using Internet Explorer (IE) with the add-on Adobe Acrobat Sharepoint OpenDocuments enabled - and SharePoint 2019. When Clicking on a PDF document in a library, it just opens in a browser. When using the same configuration in our SharePoint 2013 farm, when click on a PDF document in a library it respects the add-on and opens up the Adobe Acrobat client. 

We have both SharePoint farms configured the same in accordance with the document - 
https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/AdminGuide/sharepoint.html#sa_src=web-messaging
However there is no guidance yet for 2019.  

Looking for some help in being able to provide the functionality of clicking on a PDF document in a SharePoint 2019 farm, and having the adobe client open (instead of opening in browser).  Appreciate any assistance.

As stated above, we have made the SharePoint side configurations of the DOCICON.XML file

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

May I know how to install this add-on in IE 11? I just did a offline installation of the Adobe Reader DC 2021.007.20099 but can't find this add-on, but I need this to open some large PDF in a SharePoint 2016 site. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines