• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

is there a way to permanently keep comment toolbar open in adobe reader dc

New Here ,
Jan 04, 2016 Jan 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is there a way to permanently keep comment toolbar open in adobe reader dc?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 11, 2018 Jun 11, 2018

Hello Jeremymatt,

The option of keeping the comment tool always open is not available, we will highly appreciate your input to request new features or suggest modifications to existing features using the Adobe URL Feature Request/Bug Report Form so that we can improve our products and can add more features.

Feel free to update this discussion for any further assistance.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 06, 2016 Jan 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Elizabeth Cruz,

Please let me know if you wish to open Tools Pane (on the right hand side) permanently when you open Reader DC.

If yes, then you need to go to "Edit > Preferences > Documents" and checkmark 'Open tools pane for each document' option.

Then, click OK and relaunch Reader and see how it appears.

Regards,

Anubha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately no, I have the Tools Pane open automatically, but I was wondering if there is a way to keep open specifically the Comment section of said Tools Pane permanently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Elizabeth Cruz,

I'm sorry, but its not possible to open only the comment section with all others being hidden from the Tools Pane.

You can either show or hide the complete Tools Pane.

Regards,

Anubha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 05, 2017 May 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is utterly asinine. Were there any UX designers involved in the release of Acrobat DC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 11, 2018 Jun 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I almost always use adobe reader in exactly the same way: I mostly read scientific papers and use the comment tools to highlight and/or make notes  for myself.  This means that almost every time I open up reader, I will want the comment tools open and it's irritating to have to re-open the comment tools every single time.  #FirstWorldProblems I know, but it can't be that hard to add an option to load on startup.  Or to just remember the last toolbar state.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 11, 2018 Jun 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Jeremymatt,

The option of keeping the comment tool always open is not available, we will highly appreciate your input to request new features or suggest modifications to existing features using the Adobe URL Feature Request/Bug Report Form so that we can improve our products and can add more features.

Feel free to update this discussion for any further assistance.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2019 Feb 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any update on this? I would also like to permanently keep a toolbar visible (in my case: the "Fill & Sign" toolbar).

I have already submitted a feature request.  Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 06, 2020 Apr 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@TheLibraryTech, Have you recieved a reply from Adobe on this yet? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2019 Mar 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have submitted a feature request to ask for commenting to be able to be permanently added to the toolbar(principally stamps) in DC Reader.

Acrobat Pro DC which I own, allows you to have a stamp palette open every time you open a new file, which makes it easily accessible.

The cynic in me thinks its omission in Reader might be an incentive to make you buy the paid version.  The frustration in this thread is evidence there is a need to have this fixed as it is a glaring oversight.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2022 Apr 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello BigVil,

Can you explain the steps you have taken to get the Stamp Palette to open every time you open a new file?

Thank you,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 05, 2021 Jul 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is just do frustrating! One of the main things I use is the comment tools to mark up PDFs I recieve and the fact that I can't just have the Comment toolbar open each time is really irritating. I am opening many PDFs a day and every time I have to click on the tools tab then click on the comments button just to get mthe toolbar to open AGAIN! I know it's only a few extra clicks but it just seems like it would be an easy preferance to be able to save. Come on surely this isn't a huge fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2017 Jul 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Terrible product!

It takes forever to load the "Comment" set of tools. I also used to be able to cut and paste text boxes or other items after commenting/markup. Now I have to open Comments (wait at least 5-10 seconds for Comment tools to load), do my mark up, and then open "Edit PDF" tools so I can cut and paste things. 

Very bad product. Not well thought out at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2017 Jul 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a significant issue (for me and I am not that unusual).  I have to get my vote in on how deplorable this is.  This became an issue on the latest update.  (This is why I don't like automatic updates.) For every comment or markup that I want to add, I am forced to open the comment toolbar again.  Once I hit escape, or however I de-activate the current tool, the entire toolbar closes.   This is frustrating as I may add a dozen individual markups to a single doc.  Each time, I must go through the mouse/keystrokes {Alt-V}, {T}, {Down}, {Down}, {Down}, {Down}, {Right}, {Enter}. 

That being as it is, there are a couple of workarounds;

1)    Display document in full screen.  Hit screen print.  Paste screen shot to Paint.  Crop the doc, save, then add comments in MS Paint.  Save the final version and print it to another pdf.

2)    The same as above but, instead, use the screen snipping tool instead of a screen print.

3)    The same as above but using MS Word instead of Paint.  This last option works well if you need to combine pdf pages from multiple files.  Each screen clip can be pasted to Word and each word page separated by a manual section break.  Using the section break, instead of the more common page break, has the benefit of being able to apply portrait/landscape orientation to each page separately.

Which ever you choose, it is recommended to not use the Adobe Acrobat screenshot tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2018 Feb 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have the same issue in the newest version: DC 18.009.20050

We like to remove unused tools and keep the comment menu in the upper section allways open/aktiv even after restart of acrobat.

Any updates?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2018 Mar 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I worked out how to do it! and it stays there when you close and re-open Adobe DC.

Right click on the QuickTools toolbar (the default toolbar has save/print etc icons) and select Customize Quick Tools. From there click on the Comment heading and then click the Add to Toolbar symbol on the right hand side (+ in a circle with an up arrow).

This will add the whole commenting toolbar to your quick tools and it will then stay open all the time.

Hope that helps everyone. I was going insane with the toolbar closing every time I hit esc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2018 Apr 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I learned you can also remove individual tools from the Quick Toolbar so you don't have to have ALL the commenting functions up there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 27, 2018 May 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It does not stay open at all. It just puts the tools on the quick tool section. Frigging hell, why hasnt adobe created a better way of collaborating on pdfs?????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2020 Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks @megancustance, it's not what I wanted, but at least it will give me what I need.  Maybe they will give us a permenant Toolbar selection option one day.  We had it in Ver 8.1 in antient days gone by.  I had no reason to upgrade until I updated my laptop. I wondered if there's not a better solution than DC... I'll try this a while and see if I get used to it.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2023 Mar 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My hero!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2020 Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The fact that you do not have the option to permanently keep the comment toolbar permanently open is a CONSTANT source of annoyance and should be changed! Open, closed, open, closed, open, closed, open, closed..... It's insanity! And opening the toolbar is laggy to top it off. I see comments that are 4 years old on this topic and Adobe has not adapted to users wishes. Please change it back to the way it used to be or provide the CHOICE to have it always open if that's your preference. Seriously.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2021 Jan 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any way to keep quick tools open when you open the comment side bar? I have specific tools I use regularly in the quick tools but when i open the list of comments on a document DC hides the quick tools. It's not like the realestate isn't there to show the quick tools, on a 3440x1440 monitor the top bars are only 50% full.

Whoever worked on the later versions of DC's interface needs to be fired, they have no idea what they're doing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe is pretty lazy about documenting their product and it's features.  Just spent 2 x days trying to figure out how to get back MY missing COMMENT tools on Adobe Pro 2017.

Always had it and a couple days, the box disappeared -- spent a lot of time searching and kep getting fool from Adobe telling everybody that this feature is not available but there are workarounds.

Turns out in Adobe Pro 2017 there is a tab to open and make permenant this featrure;  on the Right hand side of the screen, 1/2 down is a tiny arrow (hey abobe, you spent a lot of time and effort hiding this feature), and I mean really small font that opens and collapses this feature.  Click on the arrown and magically, you now have the comment box and all comments, make-ups and highlights are displayed.

As a bonus, on the left hand side is another, itty-bitty arrow (Really abode, you could not afford a bigger font?) that opens and closes the index permenantly.

Simple commands that Abode could not properly document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2022 Apr 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This version of Adobe is horrible. As engineers, we used version 11 for years and were happy with it. When Adobe switched to this kid-cartoon-like DC version nothing worked. I am tired of turning on and off the palets, comments, signature panes, etc for every document we open and need to edit, markup, or add comments. Since Adobe is not able to create a customizable product, we will be switching to BlueBeam. It is more expensive but it works the way we need it. Adobe is no longer a product for professionals... Even the Pro version sucks...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines