Exit

Make Disabling the Display of the Tools Pane Permanent

Explorer ,
Nov 13, 2018 Nov 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 (x64)

Adobe Reader 19.8.20071.303822

With Adobe Reader open for a .pdf document, I went to [View > Show/Hide] and unchecked Tools Pane.  When I closed Adobe Reader and then relaunched it, the Tools Pane was again displayed.  How do I make disabling Tools Pan permanent until I choose in the future to enable it?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 02, 2019 Jan 02, 2019

Hi LeaMold,

We apologize for the delay.

What you are referring above, can not be disable permanently. However, to keep it hidden you may first select the following options under preferences-

Open Acrobat>Edit>Preferences>Document>select "Reopen last view settings when reopening documents"

Go to again View>Show/Hide> deselect Tool Pane.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Dec 02, 2018 Dec 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After seeing a number of other such questions and without there being any real answers, I have reverted to Adobe Reader 11.0.23.  I have no interest in having a cloud account of any kind, so this creates no hardship. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 02, 2019 Jan 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi LeaMold,

We apologize for the delay.

What you are referring above, can not be disable permanently. However, to keep it hidden you may first select the following options under preferences-

Open Acrobat>Edit>Preferences>Document>select "Reopen last view settings when reopening documents"

Go to again View>Show/Hide> deselect Tool Pane.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2020 May 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Akki,

Your suggestion is not a correct solution because there is no solution for that. It is a permanent issue with Acrobat imposing something that should be chosen by the user. As a matter of fact, that pane is completely useless because all the items it contains are already included in the Tools menu in a much better display.
I was going to ask the same questing in a new post, but I see already so many people with the same problem: Not wanting to have something uselessly occupying horizontal space, reducing the document size. I believe the developers should be informed about this about this very annoying issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2022 Sep 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nope.

Still have to turn the D@#$ bar off every time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines