• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Menu bar and window bar disappears on mouse movement.

Community Beginner ,
Feb 28, 2022 Feb 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When Adobe reader is open and I move the mouse up to the menu, the menu bar and the Windows bar will disappear. Somestimes re-sizing the window can bring it back, but what is causing this? It happened on an old machine and now on my new machine too. Latest version installed. Graphics driver updated.

Uploaded a small video of the behaviour. Happens with all PDF files. 

Not clicking on the screen, just moving the mouse towards the top of the screen.

There is no better PDF reader, at least I thought so. This is really frustrating.

Suggestions gratefully received.

Thanks

Gordon

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , General troubleshooting , View PDF , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 4 Correct answers

New Here , Oct 05, 2022 Oct 05, 2022

I'm having the exact same issues on Adobe Acrobat Pro, date is now 2022-10-05. 

Using a newly installed Windows 10 PC

Something i found is this problem only occurs when using my 3dconnection spacemouse Pro, using a normal mouse fixes the issue. Problem is, I can't use a normal mouse for my work, that's why I also need this to be fixed 🙂

Br 
E

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant , Oct 05, 2022 Oct 05, 2022
I can confirm. Killing those 3dx drivers stopped the issues.

--
Michael J. Narlock

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Dec 05, 2023 Dec 05, 2023

We had the same behaviour with an old Version of Hardcopy (a screenshot program) somehow conflicting with Acrobat.
After we updated Hardcopy the Problem was gone

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Dec 14, 2023 Dec 14, 2023

We ran into this issue in our environment with users who started using the CAD Mouse Pro.

3DxWare - latest from website (10.8.17)

Acrobat - 23.006.20380

After a lot of troubleshooting, we found that disabling the Smart Scrolling feature under the advanced settings fixes the issue. Hope this helps

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2022 Nov 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Install the 32-bit version and the issue is not there. Personally, I would rather Adobe fix the issue as they can see that there is a working version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 17, 2023 Jan 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, how did you stop the 3DX drivers running please? We're having the same issue with our Spacemouse!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 17, 2023 Jan 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To test to see if this works you can hit your windows key and type "Stop 3DxWare" in the search bar.  I confirmed this was the issue by doing this but it was annoying to have to keep doing it.  The more permanent fix is to uninstall the spacemouse (terrible solution) or install the 32-bit version of Acrobat.  This is very annoying that Adobe and 3Dconnexion can't get this sorted out.  I feel it may be more of a spacemouse issue as I have read that it interferes with other apps such as games as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 28, 2023 Feb 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Installing the 32-bit version of Acrobat seems to have worked for us, thank you for your advice!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 05, 2022 Oct 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm also that stopping all 3DX drivers resolves the issue. Thank you so much!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2022 Oct 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can also confirm, stopping 3DX drivers fixed this behavior for me.  Great job doing Adobe's job for them Elias, now lets see if they're competent and motivated enough to actually fix it since dissabling these drivers is not a solution.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2022 Nov 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've found that installing Adobe Acrobat Pro 32 bit instead of 64 bit resolved the problem.

Both 3dconnection Spacemouse Pro + Adobe Acrobat Pro can co-exist.

Latest updates for both as of 15 Nov.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2022 Nov 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure why this issue was marked solved because for those of us that use a 3DConnexion SpaceMouse and also want to use Adobe Acrobat, it isn't.  

I can confirm that the SpaceMouse is definitely the issue.  I just loaded as of this date, the latest 3D connexion driver (10.8.10) and installed the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Pro directly from Creative Cloud.  The result was the erratic dissapearing menu bar as reported.  I did find that if I ran "Stop 3DxWare" from the Start>Programs folder that Acrobat would then run normally, but when I run "Start 3DxWare" the problem returns.  Since this is clearly an issue with the 3Dconnexion software I then went to their forums to search for solutions.  Sure enough, someone had reported the exact same issue with Adobe Acrobat:  https://forum.3dconnexion.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=48636&p=109559&hilit=adobe#p109559 

The "solution" seems to be to install the 32-bit version of Adobe Acrobat vs the 64-bit version.  However, since nearly everything is going to 64-bit now, and since creative cloud defaults to a 64-bit installation, I would still consider this to be a temporary solution at best.

To get the 32-bit version, I had to go to: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/acrobat-dc-downloads.html

Once I installed this, my SpaceMouse worked just fine with Acrobat.

I'm not sure if this is an Adobe problem or a 3Dconnexion driver problem, but I hope that between the two of them they can somehow fix this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2022 Nov 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So the issue here is that the 64-bit version of the reader has an issue when the 3DConnexion service is running.

Installing the 32-bit version seems to remove the issue. So the answer seems to be in the 32-bit version. So please go and fix the 64-bit version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2022 Nov 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The date is 16NOV2022. I just set up a new laptop and I am having the exacte issue. It's weird because my old laptop doesn't have this issue and I use both Adobe Acrobat Pro and 3D mouse on both old and new machine. Maybe one of them is out of date on my old machine so I lucked out on the problem. But, I CANNOT give up using Adobe nor 3D mouse as they are both required for work and cannot be replaced. So, ADOBE, PLEASE FIX THIS. I have a lot of coworkers who's about to get a new computer and facing the exact issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2022 Nov 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same situation. Brand new computer, running Acrobat Pro and CADMouse Wireless. Still having this problem. You'd think a huge company like Adobe would be able to fix this by now. Especially since the problem apparently doesn't occur in the 32 bit version of the software... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 29, 2022 Nov 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue with Adobe Acrobat & the 3dConnexion software.  Running "Stop 3DxWare" resolved my issue in acrobat.  I would like to be able to run both together, hopefully this gets resolved soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 01, 2022 Dec 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem with me. Having to install the 32-bit version as a workaround.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2023 Feb 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone. As everyone else, I'm in search of a permanent solution for the exact same issue. However I have found that the problem lies between the menu bar itself and perhaps the spacemouse software... A temp solution I've found is if you hit F9 and hide the menu bar, it stops the window glitch. Downside is if you close Acrobat the settting "Hide menu bar" does not stick - just flips back to defualt of showing it. Then the problem reappears.

Anyhow, give it a try...

Thanks

James - Pot metal repair

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 28, 2023 Feb 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @James28616847zslm 

Thanks for sharing your findings. 

If you continue to experience the same issue, then please help us with the following details-

1- Exact version of Acrobat Reader installed on your machine

2- 

Please collect the Adobe CC logs https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html  share them by uploading them to cloud storage (any)

Procmon Logs: [Windows only]

https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/acromonitor.html

Thanks,

Akanchha 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 29, 2023 Mar 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

STILL waiting for a fix. For those of us using 3D connexion Space Mouse, it is NOT an OPTION to simply remove drivers for integral parts of our CAD interface devices. I don't know whose responsibility it is to fix the issue, but we can no longer install the 32bit version as of March 2023. So now I am stuck messing around with the dissapearing toolbar problem. This is EXTREMELY frustrating especially when trying to do presentations with clients. Please fix this ASAP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2023 Dec 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We had the same behaviour with an old Version of Hardcopy (a screenshot program) somehow conflicting with Acrobat.
After we updated Hardcopy the Problem was gone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2023 Dec 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Fellow CAD users!

BLOT:The date is 05Dec2023. I officially don't have this issue anymore after updating everything to the latest version I can find. 

I updated the driver on my 3DConnexion mouse. The model I have is "CadMouse Pro Wireless". My computer's OS is Windows 10. It is managed by my company so it should be up to date. I now also have a freshly installed 64 bit Acrobat instead of 32 bit (it's not supported anymore).

Below are the software versions I have for your reference:

3DConnexion

siliw26554312_1-1701805141785.png

Windows

siliw26554312_3-1701805538221.png

Acrobat

siliw26554312_2-1701805418437.png

Good luck to you all!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 14, 2023 Dec 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We ran into this issue in our environment with users who started using the CAD Mouse Pro.

3DxWare - latest from website (10.8.17)

Acrobat - 23.006.20380

After a lot of troubleshooting, we found that disabling the Smart Scrolling feature under the advanced settings fixes the issue. Hope this helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 14, 2023 Dec 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me! Thank you for sharing!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2023 Dec 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Resolved! thanks a lot, JWhetstone02! 

3DxWare - 10.8.17

Acrobat Pro- 23.006.20380

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines