• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Multiple pop-ups on file opening

Explorer ,
Oct 05, 2021 Oct 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time i open a pdf file, whether from my desktop or on the server, i get multiple pop-ups that open and auto-close repeatedly (about 8 times in a row). Have tried to open the files in chrome and they open fine without issue. If window is closed and re-opened the process starts again....

image below showing an example of the pop-ups.

How do i get this to stop? Have completely uninstalled and re-installed the software, as well as updating the app also...

Mostyn5FCE_0-1633431071403.png

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed, im so frustated with it that I have Uninstalled Adobe Reader.. problem fixd... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2021 Nov 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue.  It began after the latest update.  Uninstalling and reinstalling does nothing.  Neither does signing in.

Best you can do is click the x on the first one and it'll stop.

It's not the users y'all.  It's the loading process.

It causes the user to think they have a virus on the program.  So many will react by not using the program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal,

Bumping this thread as it's another week since any updates, hoping your engineering team is working on fixing this still? 

Can see from other replies on here that it is not an isolated issue and is happening to a lot of users - i'm sure we'd all like a solution...

Regards,

Mostyn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 26, 2021 Nov 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal,

It's been a month since the last update from the engineering team, and seems like a whole lot of other users are now experiencing the same problems.

Do you have an update yet by any chance? 

Thanks,

Mostyn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2021 Nov 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amal,

This appears to be a widespread issue.  We are having users experience this as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everybody in my company has this problem. Windows 10 64-bit. 

I have a ticket open -- totally useless so far.

do not ask a million questions just fix it. This is not user error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having this problem. The person in our company using pro is not having this issue. I'm hoping this gets resolved soon. Please message me when it does.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2021 Nov 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are having this issue as well.  Any updates?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me and my team have this issue too, after the laterst update:

Win10 64bit, reader version 2021.007.20099 64bit.

Please fix this...

In the meantime we uninstalled and got an older version, which works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 23, 2021 Nov 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Add me to the list... Uninstall does not fix the issue, nor does cleaning up the registry, nor attempting to sign-in.
Everything worked just fine until you decided to add Reader DC to Creative Cloud.
Simple workaround ? Use another PDF reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2021 Nov 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is now working OK.

I have the same version as previously, I presume there was a problem with the cloud, not the reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 29, 2021 Nov 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the update.
Tried it out again by reinstalling Acrobat DC reader but still have the issue.
Can however confirm that it has something to do wit Creative Cloud Desktop : pop-ups averywhere when it's active ; close it and no pop-ups...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2021 Nov 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem for weeks now.

Nothing helps.

Regards,

Henk

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 26, 2021 Nov 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm experiencing the same issue. Acrobat DC proudly announced me that it had just installed the 64-bit latest released update, and since got those popups every time I launch Acrobat Reader...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2021 Nov 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - I also have this problem. It is incredibly frustrating. Please advise how to disable this popup asap.

James

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2021 Nov 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After installing still the same proplem with these popoups from St 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2021 Dec 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

defaultgfhwqt2lfhqf_0-1638823192326.png

I uninstalled it a month ago and though i would try and see if the issue was fixed. Nope still the same looping popup window! this issue has been happening for 2 months. how long does it take to get something fixed? so much for working from home is more productive.... Nah who am i kidding its great. oh well time to uninstall it. its sad that Windows Edge is move reliable then an adobe product..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2021 Dec 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here, and it's really annoying...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 14, 2021 Dec 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here as well. Also re-installed it as a first step.

Have noticed since re-instaling that the pops-up eventually stop happening after 10 attempts while it's figuring out what it wants to do; pfff.

Once it stops with the pop-ups then other files can be opened as normal. Just don't close the application unless you like twiddling your thumbs while it sorts itself out when launching.

Disappointing that this is taking so long to resolve.

It may well be related to Windows updates as I saw a .net update going by shortly before this occurred.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 14, 2021 Dec 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guys, have a look at Nitro. Looks good and none of this nonsese. Also a on etime payment for those of us who don't want to wait for Adobe. Playing with it and like what I see so far and compatible with Adobe of course 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 15, 2021 Dec 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here, also the popups are all demanding focus so you couldn't do anything else in the meantime this happens.

Anyone suggestions for pdf readers with 3d pdf capability?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2021 Dec 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem, after automatic update to version 2021.007.20091  64 bit.

Fresh installation makes no difference: pop-ups even during the first start of the program.

Since Adobe seems unable to correct the problem: PDF24 is a great program: simply associate "pdf24-Reader.exe" with pdf-files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 18, 2021 Dec 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@PaulAntwerp thanks for the tip. PDF24 is indeed a good solution. Notably faster to load files when reading as well. A slightly different concept with the tools but so far I like it and mosre importantly it's reliable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 19, 2021 Dec 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your suggestion! Is PDF24 able to read 3D-PDF files?

I'm currently using Foxit Reader, using it for a week and working great so far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 20, 2021 Dec 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see anything in PDF24 for this, so far. I've just started looking at Foxit as well. This looks and feels very nice to use. I have two 3D files which I'm experimenting with as well. The bigger one will not open in Foxit; this is 15MB whereas the smaller one will, albeit slightly skewed. Adobe will not open the smaller one but will open the bigger one. Hwoever this is very slow to open in Adobe.

Either way I think I'll take Foxit for a run. It opens fast and works. The Adobe pop-ups are becoming more and more annoying. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines