• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Multiple pop-ups on file opening

Explorer ,
Oct 05, 2021 Oct 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time i open a pdf file, whether from my desktop or on the server, i get multiple pop-ups that open and auto-close repeatedly (about 8 times in a row). Have tried to open the files in chrome and they open fine without issue. If window is closed and re-opened the process starts again....

image below showing an example of the pop-ups.

How do i get this to stop? Have completely uninstalled and re-installed the software, as well as updating the app also...

Mostyn5FCE_0-1633431071403.png

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2022 Apr 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good afternoon, 

Please find file in link below. Please let me know if it needs sending in a different way.

'.zxp' files are not a support file type by the normal drap and drop 

https://we.tl/t-zY8TMHpmUV

I have tried updating after the need update listed today and, as others have stated,  it is still happening. 

Best wishes

Frances Cole 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Hope you are doing well and sorry to keep you waiting.

This issue has been fixed with the April release for Adobe Acrobat/Reader DC ver. 22.1.20117 (Win) and the fix will be enabled via a registry key

Please update the application to the recent version 22.1.20117 (Win), from the help menu > check for updates or you may also download the patch manually from the link https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotesDC/index.html  and you may reboot the computer once and use the registry key as below:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Adobe\Adobe Acrobat\DC\FeatureLockDown
iReaderSSONGLSignIn = 1 (DWORD)

Note: As a side effect of this fix, the user will not be able to sign in to Reader from the sign-in button.

Let us know if you experience any trouble and need more help. 

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

not agreeing. I can replicate the error.

put another way, this update did not work for me, and I can share a video of the popup window, still popping up, if you need.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good afternoon, 

I agree with Rocky5E5C. This is not resolved. 

Please find log file in link below. Please let me know if it needs sending in a different way.

'.zxp' files are not a support file type by the normal drap and drop 

https://we.tl/t-zY8TMHpmUV

Best wishes

Frances Cole 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We are sorry to hear that the issue is still unresolved.

Could you please share the screenshot of the registry settings that you have added and the version of the Acrobat Reader you are using? Please make sure you have the recent version 22.1.20117 (Win) Go to Help > Check for updates.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not updated any Registry settings, nor do I plan to.

If the instruction requires a Registry setting change, that is not a fix. We are not going to have our developers working in Registry settings or with Registry keys. 

We will continue to X out of thie popup window as we've been doing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 15, 2022 Apr 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rocky

We are sorry to hear that.

The fix is enabled by the registry key as explained in my previous reply. Without entering the registry key the fix won't work.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 22, 2022 Jul 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

++ Adding to the dicussion

Please update the application to the recent version 22.1.20169 from the help menu > check for updates and reboot the computer once and see if that works for you.

Let us know if you experience any trouble and need more help.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2022 Nov 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

I had the same issue on Mac OS Monterrey and Ventura.Very annoying and lost a lot of time by myself and with Adobe  remote online support tech. We tried absolutely ALL the suggested solutions.Multiple complete install/uninstall, deleting all prefs/certificates etc.

Finally resolve the problem after reinitialising Admin credentials in terminal mode with command line 

rm /Volumes/"Macintosh"/var/db/.AppleSetupDone.  Brings out initial config steps in Mac.

(Why? Mac mini desktop was configurated (tranfer)from my MB Pro, same Admin credentials on both machines... )

I could be way out of bounds as an explaination but it worked,stopped the annoying pop up window install went flawlessly and Adobe asked me to deactivate te MB Pro. Also had an activation on Win 11under Parallels.

Both machine can run Acrobat without a glitch....so far!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines